Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,398
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:44:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cambridge CaB Meet Saturday 18 May 2019

Started by Janie Jones, March 25, 2019, 05:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janie Jones

Loads of notice, it's easy to get to from London and it's where mook grew up. So please come if you can.
Exact venues tbc but it'll probably be pubs in the Romsey Town/Mill Road area.
It's about a year since our last Cambridge meet. Madhair60 came to that so THAT'S the kind of quality attendee we're talking here.
Have at it, Fen Tigers.

BlodwynPig

Pancreas will be attending in my absence.

shiftwork2

Twit 2

The pubs last time were all great; I'd be happy to do any or all of them again. The company was SHIT though, but waryagontado?

DrGreggles

Twit 2

Edit, for making a dark, poor taste joke on a Chris Morris/Peter Cook forum, and for using humour as coping mechanism for dealing with death. Dunno what I was thinking!

pancreas

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 25, 2019, 07:44:20 PM
If a CaBer could die in the meantime, that would be great. We can bond over close to the knuckle sympathy card messages until the alcohol kicks in.

This comment is in extremely poor taste. Have a word with yourself.

Twit 2

DP FOR FUCKA SAKA

Twit 2

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 25, 2019, 08:28:49 PMHave a word with yourself.

Just had a word with myself. Myself said that humour is an acceptable way to deal with death. Myself reminded myself that tears were shed at the last meet, as well as poor taste gallows humour. Myself also said that having dealt with the death of a family member in horrible circumstances, myself has earned the right somewhat to utilise gallows humour in the right context. Myself also said that it would be a shame to derail a positive thread with finger wagging.

Too late now, the thread's fucked. I fucked it. We should start a new thread. On the day of the meet we should tie breezeblocks to our feet and jump in the fucking Cam. Pancreas, I want you to sit on my face and shit rat poison into my gullet beforehand CHEERS

Blinder Data

I'm only coming if I can slander the dead

Twit 2

That's the spirit! I'm going to kill myself to death the week before I go, get my sobbing wife to drag me into the pub bins and you can all piss on me and smash ashtrays into my rotting, grinning twatface, it will be fucking brilliant.

Also there needs to be more anchovies this time. Do I need to bring my own tin? WELL FUCKIN DO I???

Twit 2

Don't worry the meet won't be like this IT WILL BE FINE

shiftwork2

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 25, 2019, 10:22:26 PM
That's the spirit! I'm going to kill myself to death the week before I go, get my sobbing wife to drag me into the pub bins and you can all piss on me and smash ashtrays into my rotting, grinning twatface, it will be fucking brilliant.

I was 70%, now I'm 80%.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 25, 2019, 09:14:38 PM
Just had a word with myself. Myself said that humour is an acceptable way to deal with death. Myself reminded myself that tears were shed at the last meet, as well as poor taste gallows humour. Myself also said that having dealt with the death of a family member in horrible circumstances, myself has earned the right somewhat to utilise gallows humour in the right context. Myself also said that it would be a shame to derail a positive thread with finger wagging.

Too late now, the thread's fucked. I fucked it. We should start a new thread. On the day of the meet we should tie breezeblocks to our feet and jump in the fucking Cam. Pancreas, I want you to sit on my face and shit rat poison into my gullet beforehand CHEERS

Some top word- having, there.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

BTW, I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to make me look like a cunt by massively over reacting to my post, and writing all that OTT stuff, amusing though some of it is, ta. I stand by my original comment. Cheers.

Twit 2

This a comedy forum and I was making a joke.
This is a thread for meeting in Cambridge. Are you coming to Cambridge?
Just really fed up with people waltzing into threads to add nothing but negativity and tutting (which you've managed thrice in one thread).
I get you didn't find it funny. Do you really need to lecture people?
My comment would have made sense to the people who came last time. If you'd seen the card we'd written, we'd have had to get the defib out.
The phrase 'have a word with yourself' is patronising shit for cunts. I was reacting to that.
I wasn't actually trying to be offensive or provocative. This is my sense of humour, you don't have to like it. I wasn't trying to upset anyone. Maybe if I'd wished death on a particular person, you might have a bit of a leg to stand on. To me, it was patently absurd bit of irony. I should have ignored your pious response, I suppose. I'll do that next time. I just thought I'd explain a bit beforehand, although I suspect this still won't satisfy you. Consider me well and truly told, then.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Janie Jones on March 25, 2019, 05:17:53 PM
Loads of notice, it's easy to get to from London and it's where mook grew up.

The Moseley Bog?  Nothing easy about that.  It costs ten shillings.  Have you tried to acquire a shilling these days, let alone ten of the bloody things?  It ain't easy, I can tell you.

My mum says I can't meet internet people because she doesn't want me getting groomed.

She says you're probably terrorists or nonces, and I said you definitely weren't terrorists.

St_Eddie

Quote from: DistressedArea on March 26, 2019, 07:33:11 AM
My mum says I can't meet internet people because she doesn't want me getting groomed.

She says you're probably terrorists or nonces, and I said you definitely weren't terrorists.

Bloody Hell!  All that grooming gone to waste.  I wish that you would have told me earlier!  So selfish!

Twit 2

Everything amicably settled by PM. Please make tasteless jokes in the new thread. They'll be a 3rd if things get out of hand. The actual meet will be less entertaining than all this now.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

That's right readers, me and yer man Twit 2 had a right friendly exchange by PM, and I'm willing to concede he's a great bunch of lads ( while I remain a massive cunt, orbviously ), so keep those attending Cambridge meet posts coming in.
( Oh, Bloody Hell, I hope I don't come across as being sarky now, ' cos I'm not )

Crabwalk

I'm very sorry to announce that I might actually be able to make this one.