Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:02:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cambridge CaB Meet Saturday 18th May (Thread #2 with apologies to JJ and LJ)

Started by Twit 2, March 26, 2019, 07:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 26, 2019, 07:31:11 AM
Nah, it'll be shit because I won't be there.

It's the same reply from me, I'm afraid :(

Any chance of arranging a CAB meet-up in High Wycombe, round about  July/ August ?

DrGreggles

My attendance is now in doubt due to this clashing with the one in thread #1.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 26, 2019, 07:38:02 AM
Any chance of arranging a CAB meet-up in High Wycombe, round about  July/ August ?

'Tis about an hour's drive away from me.  Might as well be in the Antarctic.

madhair60

I'll go but it's the last weekend before payday so I'll probably be fuck-poor again. Still, got nuff drinks last time so I'm cashing in all that madhair60 good will xxx

Can I just take this opportunity to say that I am delighted when CaBers die. Thank you.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: madhair60 on March 26, 2019, 09:28:08 AM

Can I just take this opportunity to say that I am delighted when CaBers die. Thank you.

I'm not going to lie to you: I've had your mum I LOLled long and hard at this.

Twit 2

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 26, 2019, 08:13:11 AM
My attendance is now in doubt due to this clashing with the one in thread #1.

I'm not going to either of these meets now.

Blinder Data

DrGreggles

SpiderChrist

pancreas

boki

That's my birthday, and therefore any meet must take place in Loughborough because I'm going to be even lazier as a forty-five year-old man.

Danger Man

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 26, 2019, 07:38:02 AM

Make it West Wycombe, then we can have it in the Hellfire Caves and I can make edgy jokes about Libby Squire.

(It's ok, I understand Chris Morris and I knew somebody who died so I won't be acting like an edgelord)

Small Man Big Horse

I'd love to go as I miss Cambridge a lot but I've promised the Mrs we will go together during that week as we've time off, and she'd be enraged if I just went and got really pissed with you lot. Sorry.

Twit 2

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 26, 2019, 12:05:10 PM
We should start over. Back to Meet 0.

#meet0

I am free on the 18th May for a meet in Cambridge if anyone fancies rearranging...

DrGreggles

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 26, 2019, 01:08:26 PM
I am free on the 18th May for a meet in Cambridge if anyone fancies rearranging...

Someone should start a thread.

Ambient Sheep

In an ideal world I'd be there.  However it's not so I probably won't be.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Danger Man on March 26, 2019, 01:00:57 PM
Make it West Wycombe, then we can have it in the Hellfire Caves and I can make edgy jokes about Libby Squire.

(It's ok, I understand Chris Morris and I knew somebody who died so I won't be acting like an edgelord)

I knew somebody who died,as well
- It was Small Man Big Horse doing his stand up comedy routine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I know I've made this absolutely fucking brilliant gag before, but it always bears repeating, like saying Finchy wouldn't react like that, or Jodie Comer is very attractive, or something )

pancreas

Quote from: Danger Man on March 26, 2019, 01:00:57 PM

When have you ever been able to keep away from a CaB meet?

Crabwalk

Sorry, I bumped the old thread yesterday without realising this one existed. This only proves that nothing good can ever come of me trying to be sociable.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Janie Jones on March 25, 2019, 05:17:53 PM
Loads of notice, it's easy to get to from London and it's where mook grew up. So please come if you can.
Exact venues tbc but it'll probably be pubs in the Romsey Town/Mill Road area.
It's about a year since our last Cambridge meet. Madhair60 came to that so THAT'S the kind of quality attendee we're talking here.
Have at it, Fen Tigers.

Bumping the official Cambridge Meet thread. People who have made even the most tentative of indications that they might attend (either on this thread or the other one or whom I've harassed via PM) include, in alphabetical order:

Angrew Lloyg Wegger
Crabwalk
Dr Greggles
Janie Jones
Madhair60
Pancreas
Shiftwork2
Twit 2

There may be a small hardship fund available for anyone who needs it (i.e. one or more of us would be happy to buy you some refreshments)

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Twit 2

It is true that refreshments will be provided free to those who are hard up, but it will be conditional on some awful obligation: for example, appeasing a 'deformed crab, oozing ichor, scuttling in each star and the voids between them'.

pancreas

A rather too poetic way of saying we'll make them show us their knobs or foofs.

Mr_Simnock

Mr_Simnock

Twit 2

DrGreggles

18th May is Eurovision day!
So I'll only be free until 7:30ish.

Plenty time for day drinking though.

pancreas

christ imagine posting something like that, or that it's even true