Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:39:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cambridge CaB Meet Saturday 18th May (Thread #2 with apologies to JJ and LJ)

Started by Twit 2, March 26, 2019, 07:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

All true, I'm afraid.
Eurovision party/BBQ already in the diary for that night.

Ding-ding-a-dong/Boon-bang-a-bang/Diggy-loo-diggy-lay/etc

DrGreggles

pancreas

Decided I have to get a late train to London. When are we likely to be wrapping up?

shiftwork2

Not intending to leave before my last train so 10.30 or so for me.

pancreas

Twit 2

the midnight watch baboon

Twit 2

Indeed.

Start time 2pm? Gives time to have some lunch, line the stomach. If it's any earlier I'd have to make you cheese and pickle sandwiches, and after madhair and the pickle incident last time, I am understandably reluctant.

DrGreggles

2pm is good for me.
Shall we tempt fate and start somewhere with a decent beer garden?

Twit 2

Probably. I liked all the pubs last time so we could go to any of those as well. Food will need
to be involved at some point too. Pizza fine but ONLY IF THERE ARE FUCKING ANCHOVIES!

I say all this and will probably not be able to come. To be honest, only a family death would stop me, and even then it depends who.

MojoJojo

My family are coming round that day, but I might be able to make it later.

Janie Jones

This is happening a week on Saturday, just under a fortnight from now.

Please come, even if you can only pop along for a short length gape while. Manchester CaB made the best of their pitiful turnout last week by spinning it as a sort of rolling all-day drop-in event so we can do that too and it might distract from the fact that some of us will be drinking all day and absolutely cunted by teatime.

So far we can hope for the following for at least part of the day.

Angrew Lloyg Wegger
Crabwalk
Dr Greggles
Gout_Pony
Janie Jones
Madhair60
MojoJojo
Pancreas
Shiftwork2
the midnight watch baboon
Twit 2

What a line up! Seriously, some of my all-time favourite posters, there. I really hope not too many of you drop out.

We need to get an itinerary and stick to it. Who'd like to kick off? I can be there from 2pm. Would anyone prefer a non-pub venue at some point?  Please note some of the Mill Road pubs keep 1970s opening hours and close in the afternoons.

Twit 2

Shifty and I will be there for 2. Should we have the same start pub as last time? It might not be big enough if everyone turns up.

DrGreggles

Can't remember where we started last time.
It was either the Beak or the Pete, I think.

pancreas

We were out the back in the Earl of Beaconsfield, I think. As good a place as any.

Janie Jones

I hope so gouty. I've edited the potential attendees list accordingly

Twit 2

Quote from: pancreas on May 05, 2019, 02:12:08 PM
We were out the back in the Earl of Beaconsfield, I think. As good a place as any.

As good as in a bin by the station, with everyone pissing on your head?

pancreas

With really dehydrated stinky orange piss? Drenching my poor, vulnerable, naked body? With Janie Jones squatting over my face?

Janie Jones

One week today.
Starting 2pm in the Earl of Beaconsfield, 133 Mill Road near the railway bridge, about 10 minutes walk from the station.
Details of where the meet moves on to later in the day and evening will be posted on this thread.
I will bring an assortment of baked goods; last time most of the pub staff were pretty good-natured about letting us eat our own snacks, as there's quite a few of us and we asked nicely.
See you on Saturday, cunties.

Crabwalk

madhair60

Probably gonna be penniless and in a state of self-loathing so I probably won't go. Please hold the next meet either earlier or later in the month.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: madhair60 on May 13, 2019, 08:24:53 AM
Probably gonna be penniless and in a state of self-loathing

That's media condition for a Cab member attending a meet. Show the fuck up.

Twit 2

Quote from: madhair60 on May 13, 2019, 08:24:53 AM
Probably gonna be penniless and in a state of self-loathing so I probably won't go. Please hold the next meet either earlier or later in the month.

Just come, we can sort your drinks. I will buy you a pint, no problem. Also, self-loathing is my default state, and presumably most others'.

DrGreggles

Mr_Simnock

I'm still tempted to drive down to attend this, would like to meet Mojo Jojo, Crabwalk (for fantasy footy tips) and Madhair. It's a 4 hour drive but I've gone alot further for other meets so...