Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:00:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cambridge CaB Meet Saturday 18th May (Thread #2 with apologies to JJ and LJ)

Started by Twit 2, March 26, 2019, 07:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crabwalk

Would be great if you can make it, Mr S. I am an FPL has-been now, but happy to relive the glory days.

Please do come along Madhair, if you're able. I was really looking forward to meeting you, and buying you a shandy to make up for my cheating second shot in our Wimblewrong match.

madhair60

I can make a flying visit but I really am fuckin destitute so I'll not hang about.

Mr_Simnock

Anagram of a Shit Name

It would take me a mere 4 hours to drive to Cambridge.

I'll probs give this a miss. Selfish.

Mr_Simnock

That's about the sane time as it would take me. I traveled a similar distance for some work training thing last year, not too bad overall driving back the same day.

pancreas

Sounds like madhair60 has enough promises of pints to be reduced to a quivering drunkard.

MojoJojo

Danger Man

Quote from: gout_pony on May 15, 2019, 12:51:35 PM
I'll come so that I can buy poor madhair a pint

I'll come so that I can buy whatever Madhair's favourite beer is and then spend a long time slowly drinking it while smacking my lips a lot going 'ooohhh this is nice beer, Madhair, if only you could afford some"

pancreas

Crabwalk

I've never been to a meet before or even met a real life Cabber. Do people call each other by their account names? I've always wondered and now I'm feeling anxious about this aspect and I've no idea why. It's not like I'm poo, or something.

Ambient Sheep

In the very early days we tended to, but that soon went by the wayside.  I haven't been to one in years but last time I did it was a mixture but more often than not real names.  But I'll happily answer to "Sheepy", for example.

I'm rather tempted to attend this one, although tbh I'm probably not fit enough these days, plus I'm still getting over a lurg.  But yes, tempting, although the crawl-aspect is offputting: I've never understood why, once cosily ensconced in a pleasant watering-hole, people feel the need to suddenly upsticks and waste valuable drinking-time wandering off to somewhere else where seating might then be uncertain, especially for a large group.

pancreas

I use people's account names, because that's what they're called. Imagine saying 'Tom' rather than 'Angrew'. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Twit 2

Quote from: Crabwalk on May 16, 2019, 10:27:23 AM
I've never been to a meet before or even met a real life Cabber. Do people call each other by their account names? I've always wondered and now I'm feeling anxious about this aspect and I've no idea why. It's not like I'm poo, or something.

The ritual for a meet is as follows:

1. Approach table and ask if they're whores off the internet. If answer is yes, proceeded to step 3. If no, it's step 2.
2. Repeat step 1.
3. Take off your outer trousers for the inspection. Pancreas to accompany on ocarina.
4. Vigorous nodding.
5. Turn to each CaBber and stare at them until...
6....they bark their internet name four times and salute.
7. Present your gifts. This year the theme is Rimbaud, so you need to bring knives and towels.
8. Wrap knives in towels, stabbing and buggering.
9. Janie Jones's snacks (not a euphemism).
10. Piggyback rides, with croquet and yelping.
11. Dinner time. The shortest person pays.
12. Go home, get a kitchen glove from under the sink and slap it gently into your own face until the day's been forgotten.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

If I don't pass out on the bus home and have to walk home 5 miles from Fulbourn I'll consider this night a relative success.

pancreas

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Were I to attend a meet, I'd be quite put out if people addressed me as anything other than cunt Lisa.

DrGreggles

I'm currently going through my wardrobe in an attempt to find suitable attire for tomorrow.
It'll probably come down to a full tuxedo or an old jeans/band t-shirt combo.
Depends which of those I actually own, I suppose.

madhair60

Twit 2

Sunshine all fucking week and now look at the fucking state of this overcast shit. I wanted fucking beer garden fun. FUCK.

Janie Jones

Desolation. With vegetarian sausage rolls.
It'll be grand. Tbh it's better if the weather is grim because you don't get FOMO and imagine how much more fun you could have frolicking in the sunshine with people who aren't us

Mr_Simnock

I'll be around till about 6pm then off so I'll have about 4 hours at the meet, hopefully enough time to meet everyone attending.

Twit 2

Have lost my voice. If I don't say much it's not because I'm being aloof. Also, although I wasn't fucking about on a boat till the early hours, like last time, I did go out last night on the piss and got a poor night's sleep in a camper van. Cheers.

Decided I'm going to come to this today, I've got nothing better to do now I don't have a job.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 18, 2019, 09:23:15 AM
Decided I'm going to come to this today, I've got nothing better to do now I don't have a job.

This is great news.  If anyone else is even contemplating coming along then just do it, it'll be a good 'un.  Despite being in poor man's Norwich.

pancreas

garbed_attic

I'll be coming at 16:00 or just before so I hope you all are able to stay put for a little while! I'll wear my Cardiacs top so you can recognise me. I'll be looking like I have more hair on my face and head than is kempt.

madhair60