Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:35:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Samsung Galaxy S8+ problem

Started by Utter Shit, March 26, 2019, 03:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Anyone got any idea on this? I've updated the software on my Galaxy S8+, and now my podcast app plays really jerky and slow after a couple of minutes of listening. Nothing else seems noticeably slower, and it's definitely not a case of me accidentally changing the playback speed.

Twed

Are you listening through the phone speakers or via Bluetooth/Wifi/something else? A good start to solving this sort of thing is isolating the factors.

Utter Shit

Just through headphones so I'm guessing there shouldn't be an issue in terms of connection? I've tried closing all other apps as well in case the new software was using too much memory or whatever (I'm not good with tech stuff, hence the thread), no joy. Cheers for your help!

Twed

If it's anything other than a 3.5mm analogue headphone connector you might want to try playing it on the phone speakers, just to rule it out.

Have you tried another podcast app? I know it's a bugger to switch, but it would be useful in identifying the cause, and then you'll be armed with the search term "my_awesome_podcasts_app jerky" and might be able to find somebody else's fix to the problem. You should Google that anyway, in fact.

It's probably not a memory issue. It could be a "this app is in the background and not getting enough CPU resource" issue, but phones are designed for background media play as primary functionality, and yours is a premium phone, so it would be odd.

It could be something as mundane as your podcast aggregator encoding casts in a format that your phone OS just doesn't play in a bug-free way.

Endicott

Another place to look, apart from google, is the comments made on the app on the play store. You sometimes find someone with the same problem there and a response from the devs if you're lucky.

Utter Shit

Hey all, sorry I completely forgot that I made this thread and didn't thank you for your help - I reinstalled the app (which I'd avoided for a while as I - wrongly - assumed it would mean I'd have to re-add all my feeds, over 100) and it seems to be working fine now. Cheers!