Author Topic: Another Yakuza thread  (Read 483 times)

Jerzy Bondov

• get sum!!
    • Wrongfully Adapted
Another Yakuza thread
« on: March 27, 2019, 10:10:55 AM »
Starting a new thread as suggested. Here's the last one with Bhazor's very good opening post:
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,68376.0.html

What's Yakuza? It's an overwrought crime drama/beat-em-up/comedy/minigame collection. Like a sort of exciting version of Shenmue.

I'm on Yakuza Kiwami 2 now and very much looking forward to spin-off Judgement which is out at the end of June, once they've finished replacing the actor who got busted for too much cocaine. It looks pretty much like Yakuza but with some 'detective' elements. Ono Michio-Kun has been glimpsed in one of the trailers. Fantastic news.

I'm enjoying the changes they've made to the combat in Kiwami 2. Feels a bit more fluid than 6. I'm still not sure about the leveling system. If it's anything like 6, once you get near the end it becomes a huge grind to max everything out. Maybe they've tweaked it. I don't mind a bit of a grind (I finished Majima Everywhere) but it got silly in 6. It's not like you need any of it really but still. Going indoors without loading screens is still a huge boon.

The main reason I started this thread is to complain about the fucking guys you always meet in story missions who stand on the spot in corridors holding a chair and clobber you. They aren't a real threat, because they don't move, but they slow you down so much and aren't fun to fight. I don't think they were in 6. Should have been taken out for the Kiwami remake.

Re: Another Yakuza thread
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 02:33:23 PM »
Eh, my least fav. thing in a Yakuza game is being practically stunlocked by two dudes with guns doing pretty healthy damage to boot and not letting you get a kick in edgewise.

Jerzy Bondov

• get sum!!
    • Wrongfully Adapted
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 03:19:31 PM »
That doesn't happen to me because I'm really good at the game.

Consignia

• Deviant
  • Silver Member
  • Punchy
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 06:51:56 PM »
Looking forward to that detective spin off, if it's allowed to be released again after that drugged up actor.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 06:53:39 PM »
They're going to be recasting it and then it'll get released I heard, although I don't have a link.

Jerzy Bondov

• get sum!!
    • Wrongfully Adapted
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 08:38:39 PM »
Yeah, still on track for 25th June apparently. For Judgement they've done a really cool thing and not only done an English dub but a separate translation for subs with the JP audio. I think I'll go with the subs, it won't feel right to hear English in Kamurocho

Jerzy Bondov

• get sum!!
    • Wrongfully Adapted
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 09:39:19 PM »
Date is way better looking than usual in Kiwami 2. Quite fancy him tbh