Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:12:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory leadership contest?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 27, 2019, 12:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will be the next PM? (assuming there is no General Election)

Johnson
24 (12.7%)
Javid
7 (3.7%)
HA HA CUNT
18 (9.5%)
Raab
4 (2.1%)
Rudd
4 (2.1%)
Rees Mogg
5 (2.6%)
Leadsom
4 (2.1%)
May in disguise
16 (8.5%)
Cameron
3 (1.6%)
Fabricant
2 (1.1%)
Another horrible person
43 (22.8%)
Gove
10 (5.3%)
Mourinho
13 (6.9%)
Yamaha
2 (1.1%)
Guffdenim
1 (0.5%)
Liddington
2 (1.1%)
Totnes
1 (0.5%)
Honey I Bummed The Kids
13 (6.9%)
Rudd Gullit
1 (0.5%)
LOLRANDOM
3 (1.6%)
Raoul Moat
5 (2.6%)
Fred West
3 (1.6%)
Worzel FUCKING Gummidge
5 (2.6%)
Lay Gentleman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 188

koeman

Quote from: Buelligan on June 16, 2019, 10:11:37 PM
He's living with Esther McVey, Pig.

Show a little human compassion ffs.

Wow. I had no idea they were an item. Explains a hell of a lot.

biggytitbo

The concerted media influence campaign to boost colonial weirdo Rory 'MI6' Stewart will make a good future subject in propaganda studies.

He's another Saint Grieve and Letwin, doesn't matter how bad their actual record is, he's a remainer so all is forgotten.

Paul Calf

You should try to avoid projecting the contours of your own low standards onto the motives of others.

Buelligan

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 17, 2019, 06:47:12 AM
The concerted media influence campaign to boost colonial weirdo Rory 'MI6' Stewart will make a good future subject in propaganda studies.

He's another Saint Grieve and Letwin, doesn't matter how bad their actual record is, he's a remainer so all is forgotten.

I don't think it's that so much as he's the only one of them that can do a passable impression of being human.  Did you see Gove whine last night that he was talking about the children when Krish ruled that no one had referenced climate change?  Did you see Saj blink?  Did you see Raaaab grinning like a suddenly illuminated peeping tom when asked about feminists being some of the most obnoxious bigots of all?  Fucking hell, he only needs a totenkopf and a monocle.

Every one of them tried to steal some of Stewart's answers.  Given they're a pack of extreme cunts, the question that needs to be asked is not whether they're Leave or Remain but are any of them competent to run a fucking ballroom.  On last night's showing, I'd say only one of them showed any ability to think on his feet or with any individuality.  That, IMO, when forced to choose the next leader of Britain from a group of dreadful cunts, is the only selling point I can see and it would be unjust to say otherwise.

biggytitbo

"I agree with Nick"

He's not any better than the others, he's just hit on a bit of contrived schtick that the media are lapping up like eager poodles.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on June 17, 2019, 07:54:37 AM
I don't think it's that so much as he's the only one of them that can do a passable impression of being human.  Did you see Gove whine last night that he was talking about the children when Krish ruled that no one had referenced climate change?  Did you see Saj blink?  Did you see Raaaab grinning like a suddenly illuminated peeping tom when asked about feminists being some of the most obnoxious bigots of all?  Fucking hell, he only needs a totenkopf and a monocle.

Every one of them tried to steal some of Stewart's answers.  Given they're a pack of extreme cunts, the question that needs to be asked is not whether they're Leave or Remain but are any of them competent to run a fucking ballroom.  On last night's showing, I'd say only one of them showed any ability to think on his feet or with any individuality.  That, IMO, when forced to choose the next leader of Britain from a group of dreadful cunts, is the only selling point I can see and it would be unjust to say otherwise.

Raaaaaaaaaaaab is playing the tune of the social-liberal pretend-left: make a big noise about identity so no-one notices that you're ripping off 99% of the population. He's playing it from the other end, but it's the same game.

Johnson is doing it too, but his chauvinism is race-flavoured.

Inspector Norse

Stewart is very good at nodding and going "mhm" and looking understanding, and saying he believes passionately in fairness and openness and trendy topics like the climate and houses and the EU and things, but nobody has really put him on the spot about his rather less friendly and moderate voting record.
If he's such a nice Man of the People then what is he doing joining the Tory party and consistently supporting some of their most divisive and damaging policies?
And for all his pontificating about hedgehogs, prison conditions and trade deals, he is awfully vague on the bigger issues.
There's something not quite right there.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Inspector Norse on June 17, 2019, 08:19:45 AM
Stewart is very good at nodding and going "mhm" and looking understanding, and saying he believes passionately in fairness and openness and trendy topics like the climate and houses and the EU and things, but nobody has really put him on the spot about his rather less friendly and moderate voting record.
If he's such a nice Man of the People then what is he doing joining the Tory party and consistently supporting some of their most divisive and damaging policies?
And for all his pontificating about hedgehogs, prison conditions and trade deals, he is awfully vague on the bigger issues.

Quite, he's a total phony alright but it's whether there's anything more to it than that.

olliebean

The suggestion I've seen is that Stewart isn't trying to win this time round, but positioning himself to be the "told you so" candidate after it all inevitably goes to shit for whoever does.

biggytitbo

Funny how everyone is going on about how all the candidates went to public school - Rory was born to a foreign office intelligence family in an outpost of the British Empire, went to Eton and Oxford, tutored the royals and was literally a sort of Victorian era colonial governor in one of our conquered territories. He's less 2019 than 1919.

Urinal Cake

He loves hedgehogs- what more do you want?

hummingofevil

Isn't the point more that he comes across as the only vaguely normal, likeable and sensisble one and he is a fucking super posh weird Tory prick anyway? It's more of a damning take on the rest than an endorsement of him.

I hope BJ does get a run at it. Sick to fucking death of the likes of him sniping from the sides. The Tories will implode one way or another and the very worst that could happen for the rest of us is some shit continuation of the worst of what we have been promised. I really, really believe that they have judged this all wrong and that Boris is universally loathed and has about as much chance of winning an election as... erm... 2015 Trump.

Buelligan

Quote from: Inspector Norse on June 17, 2019, 08:19:45 AM

Quite.  They're a pack, from top to bottom, of despicable rabid cunts.  THEY ARE FUCKING TORIES. 

These people brought us the fucking referendum.  They thought they'd brought us the new way of controlling an electorate 

• Select and other a group (Leavers/Remainers)
  • Avoid any sort of accountability by blaming everything on them so's everyone looks at the enemy, allots responsibility for all fails on the enemy, ignores all the terrible shit you are doing
  • Stay in power and repeatedly get away with foisting appalling shit on all your victims.
So's we can just draw a veil of Leave/Remain over Grenfell and Universal Credit, over Austerity and all the other shit plaguing the people of Britain.  Just ignore all of that and think of England.  Think of UR SOVEREIGNTY.

Having said all of that, of all these cunts, with Stewart, you only have to compare his "performance" against the others, he's way ahead of all of them.  This is not about policy (all of their policies are tory policies), it's about the ability to out-think others and he completely thrashed them. 

No wonder Johnson is afraid, he must be praying that Stewart is oot before Tuesday.  I hope he's not because I'd love to see Johnson put back in his fucking box right there in public. 

hummingofevil

If anyone wants a really good laugh go back and listen to Johnny Mercer on 5 Live right now. Emma Barnett really is very good at destroying these utter cunts. We all know how  Johnny "I-didn't-know-what-I-wanted-to-be-when-I-grew-up-so-I'd-thought-I'd-be-an-MP-when-I-left-the-army-but-had-to-ask-my-superiors-which-party-to-join man-of-conviction" Mercer has the intelligence and political instinct or a shoehorn but to hear him so utterly rinsed is rather cathartic.

In summary, BJ is simultaneously the only man to defeat Farage by giving is a real Brexit (Johnny usefully reminds us that Farage and The Brexit Party have "been commited to Brexit for a long time, right from the beginning in fact") and can defeat Corbyn by being, and I quote "a one-nation, centre, centre-right unifier". What? They are utterly deluded. They have convinced themselves BJ is electable and will save them their jobs and now they spouting political Tourettes in an attempt to form simple arguments.

If we all had half a brain between us then the fact that BJ is sending these cretins out to speak on his behalf is enough to prove his judgement is fucking woeful.

Oh really do bring it on. This is going to be glorious.

Blue Jam

Anyone else find it disturbing that Johnson is being declared the winner of the TV debate for not turning up? Yes, how dare people try to question him on things that are in the public interest and hold him to account, he showed them! It feels less like we're sleepwalking towards fascism, and more like we're gladly running headlong into it.

Right now it looks like Johnson is also dodging the press gallery hustings, claiming he's too busy with prep for the BBC debate to face the press's questions. There's a slot open for him but it looks like he won't be turning up to take it...

idunnosomename

i must say, i'm surprised i'm warming to jeremy hunt what with his "all old people should be killed" policy

This is the straight-talking politics we need! into the soylent green machine, grandaddy!

hummingofevil

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 17, 2019, 11:19:31 AM
Anyone else find it disturbing that Johnson is being declared the winner of the TV debate for not turning up? Yes, how dare people try to question him on things that are in the public interest and hold him to account, he showed them! It feels less like we're sleepwalking towards fascism, and more like we're gladly running headlong into it.

Right now it looks like Johnson is also dodging the press gallery hustings, claiming he's too busy with prep for the BBC debate to face the press's questions. There's a slot open for him but it looks like he won't be turning up to take it...

The way I see it is that, much like with the spineless Rpublicans in US we cannot rely one bit on Tory MPs or Tory members to do the right thing. They are utter bastards and that Johnny Mercer interview is a perfect concentration of why. So this is all about how a future BJ Premiership will be perceived and, IMHO, at the moment he is utterly fluffing it. The one thing the media want is copy, it's why Trump got in because they plastered his face everywhere. By denying himself publicity not only is he missing out on being everywhere with his "message" (whatever that may be - if I was him I would just answer every question with "The only important issue at the moment is leaving on the 31st October and I am focused on that, deal or no deal" - it gets him elected by the members) but he is proving to the rest of us that he is a lazy coward who will avoid scrutiny and confrontation at all costs.

The flip side is that he simply can't be arsed renegotiating a deal so No Deal on 31st October it will be. That should get Farage off his back too. In that situation we have either the Tories splitting or the government brought down and election time. It will be shite. But it is going to be shite anyway. In this situation at least those responsible might have to own some of their own shit.

Paul Calf

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 17, 2019, 11:11:49 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_five_live

Here you go. Starts about 10:15 in.

That's amazingly bad, but I do think she made a mistake by dropping the stuff about lying as a journalist and pressing the thing about how many children Boorish has. Let him off the hook a bit there.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 17, 2019, 11:19:31 AM

Isn't in an open secret that the entire reason he's dodging all of these media things is because even his own people know he's a total fucking goon who insults, offends or alienates half the voters every time he opens his cakey gob?

hummingofevil

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 17, 2019, 11:41:22 AM
That's amazingly bad, but I do think she made a mistake by dropping the stuff about lying as a journalist and pressing the thing about how many children Boorish has. Let him off the hook a bit there.

Yeah okay, I can see that. It's just that for a military man to collapse so quickly in admiting that this is all just about keeping the Tories in power kind of let the rest of it go off on one a bit. And him being cut off with final words of "I am not interested and I have no idea" was perfect.

Paul Calf

Although fucking hell, providing an address to someone to help them assault a journalist is 'a private matter'?

He really is

hummingofevil

Quote from: Inspector Norse on June 17, 2019, 11:41:49 AM
Isn't in an open secret that the entire reason he's dodging all of these media things is because even his own people know he's a total fucking goon who insults, offends or alienates half the voters every time he opens his cakey gob?

Moreover, if it comes to it and he leads the country into a general election there will be some Tories who will either have to hold their nose and vote for him, vote Brexit Party or whatever or not vote at all. The vote is split one way or another. The idea that his is a unifier or a one-nation or commands public support outside of a percentage of the Tory membership is laughable. They have convinced themselves that we all think he is 2010 "Boris" who is a bit of a laugh and brought us the Olympics. I absolutely believe they have misread the room.

Maybe, just maybe, if he was to get every single Leave voter to vote for him things might be different but that is a big shout. One thing that is also being misunderstood is that if the worst happens, and we get a No Deal Brexit then the argument that Labour stopped Brexit is a logical nonsense. Brexit supporting Labour voters won't see it as such an issue then (now the type of person who is a Brexit supporting Labour voter might be turned off Corbyn for other reasons but that is another argument).

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 17, 2019, 11:32:45 AM
i must say, i'm surprised i'm warming to jeremy hunt what with his "all old people should be killed" policy

This is the straight-talking politics we need! into the soylent green machine, grandaddy!

As they lie rotting and neglected in their run-for-profit care home (which they were forced to sell their home to fund), I doubt they'll be feeling much dignity or respect has been afforded them. Completely alienated and oblivious to the effects of his own party's policies.

Paul Calf

Jesus titting Christ.

Quote"President Trump has his own style and I wouldn't use those words myself," the Tory leadership contender told Westminster hustings.
"But the sentiment is enormous disappointment that we have a Mayor of London who has completely failed to tackle knife crime and spent more time on politics than the actual business of making Londoners safer.
"And in that, I 150 per cent agree with the president."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/trump-sadiq-khan-london-jeremy-hunt-twitter-conservative-leadership-latest-a8961941.html

This is where we are.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Quote on June 17, 2019, 12:35:58 PM
As they lie rotting and neglected in their run-for-profit care home (which they were forced to sell their home to fund), I doubt they'll be feeling much dignity or respect has been afforded them. Completely alienated and oblivious to the effects of his own party's policies.

Yeah, the fact that his name can easily be changed to Cunt distracts from the fact that he is one of those most horrifying of political phenomena, the privileged wonk who thinks he's actually using his powers of Being Rich and Having an Education to do the right thing and that his abysmal actions and decisions are all for the good of the people.

Paul Calf

In 10 years' time, you will not find a single person who'll admit to voting to leave the EU.

Buelligan

Quote from: Inspector Norse on June 17, 2019, 12:55:31 PM
Yeah, the fact that his name can easily be changed to Cunt distracts from the fact that he is one of those most horrifying of political phenomena, the privileged wonk who thinks he's actually using his powers of Being Rich and Having an Education to do the right thing and that his abysmal actions and decisions are all for the good of the people.

Plus, he's no spring chicken himself.  Always looking for the silver lining, me.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 17, 2019, 11:32:45 AM

Nicked from Manifesto 62