Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:06:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory leadership contest?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 27, 2019, 12:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will be the next PM? (assuming there is no General Election)

Johnson
24 (12.7%)
Javid
7 (3.7%)
HA HA CUNT
18 (9.5%)
Raab
4 (2.1%)
Rudd
4 (2.1%)
Rees Mogg
5 (2.6%)
Leadsom
4 (2.1%)
May in disguise
16 (8.5%)
Cameron
3 (1.6%)
Fabricant
2 (1.1%)
Another horrible person
43 (22.8%)
Gove
10 (5.3%)
Mourinho
13 (6.9%)
Yamaha
2 (1.1%)
Guffdenim
1 (0.5%)
Liddington
2 (1.1%)
Totnes
1 (0.5%)
Honey I Bummed The Kids
13 (6.9%)
Rudd Gullit
1 (0.5%)
LOLRANDOM
3 (1.6%)
Raoul Moat
5 (2.6%)
Fred West
3 (1.6%)
Worzel FUCKING Gummidge
5 (2.6%)
Lay Gentleman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 188

Fambo Number Mive

Esther McVey announces she will be running for Tory leadership.

We've also had one person show interest in being Chancellor - David Gauke.

gib

holyzombiejesus

In response to posts on previous page, the most bewildering thing is how so many people have convinced themselves not to believe facts. The whole "fake news" & "people have had enough of experts" means that more than ever before people are dismissing evidence that they don't like.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: gib on May 09, 2019, 01:20:04 PM
She looks nice.

By "we" I presume McVey means "non-Conservative voters/supporters"

Fambo Number Mive

Remember when McVey had to apologise for misleading parliament? https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2018/jul/04/esther-mcvey-apologises-for-misleading-parliament-video

McVey would be one of the worst contenders. It would be seen as a victory for her policies.

idunnosomename

McVey is probably the one of the nastiest, most spiteful Tories going, though that said, she's thick as pigshit

Replies From View

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 09, 2019, 02:23:03 PM
By "we" I presume McVey means "non-Conservative voters/supporters"

Except that poor people are endlessly duped into voting Tory.

Fambo Number Mive

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Replies From View on May 09, 2019, 07:23:25 PM
Except that poor people are endlessly duped into voting Tory.

How are they duped? Is it not possible they vote Tory because they are in reality, to quote an earlier post about McVey,  "nasty, spiteful and thick as pigshit"

Paul Calf

Voting against your own interests because it'll make people poorer than you even poorer arguably has an element of both.

Fambo Number Mive

Sir Graham Brady, who is still unable to get May to say when she will be leaving, is considering running for the leadership. I can't see him getting in, since many Tory MPs must be annoyed that he has so far been unable to get May to set a departure date.

Theresa May has agreed to meet and discuss her future with the executive of the 1922 committee of Tory backbenchers next week though, although whether she will offer anything beyond "When my Brexit deal passes".

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteSir Graham Brady, who is still unable to get May to say when she will be leaving, is considering running for the leadership

Haha fucking hell, it will be the whips next. Graham Brady looks like a fucking Lewis Carroll illustration, a male embodiment of a bray. So much for being a good old boy, just another self serving twat.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 11, 2019, 03:47:01 PM
Sir Graham Brady, who is still unable to get May to say when she will be leaving, is considering running for the leadership. I can't see him getting in, since many Tory MPs must be annoyed that he has so far been unable to get May to set a departure date.

Theresa May has agreed to meet and discuss her future with the executive of the 1922 committee of Tory backbenchers next week though, although whether she will offer anything beyond "When my Brexit deal passes".

The conveyor belt of "next week"s

Howj Begg

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 11, 2019, 03:53:26 PM
Haha fucking hell, it will be the whips next. Graham Brady looks like a fucking Lewis Carroll illustration, a male embodiment of a bray. So much for being a good old boy, just another self serving twat.

He looks like Prince Andrew crossed with a mammoth jack, pumped with poor quality steroids. and too much saline.

kalowski

I met Brady once and he quite literally stopped talking to me and walked off to talk to someone else. Now I'm boring but I'm not that boring. Or at least a potential leader could tell me I'm boring.

Consignia

I've seen him several times in Booths, so he's certainly got the common touch actually going to the shops to buy things himself.

Fambo Number Mive

The Scum have come out for Johnson. Unsurprisingly, he's pro-Brexit, popular with Tory members and probably more popular than other candidates among the public as a whole (many of whom buy into the carefully crafted HIGNFY enhanced image), despite all the millions wasted on the Garden Bridge. Tory MPs wouldn't back him but that doesn't bother Murdoch.

Rees-Mogg and Dorres have retweeted the Scum article approvingly.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

So they have taken the more dangerous road. Let's hope we learn the lessons from the victory of these demagogues abroad.

Dr Rock

Fambo Number Mive

Tim Stanley in the Torygraph also pushing Johnson:

QuoteThere is only one issue that matters: Brexit. There might be only one politician who can get it done: Boris. The fact that I don't have to use his surname speaks volumes. In an age of over-information, faff and paralysis, he cuts through, which is reflected in our weekend poll. If there was a general election tomorrow, the Conservatives would be in third place, on just 19 per cent, the Brexit Party second and Labour could form a minority government. The only leader who can put the Tories close to beating Labour is Boris Johnson – and even he only wins them 26 per cent of the vote...

"Over-information" TOO MUCH INFORMATION FOR THE PROLES

It's like people who complain about people at private schools being "over-educated". Whatever you think about private schools, "too much education" isn't the issue with them. You can't have too much education.

Dr Rock

kalowski

I'm off to have a quick faff of my paralysis.

Fambo Number Mive

Liz Truss will give a speech today and is expected to say the following:

QuoteI am worried that an insidious notion is being allowed to infect Britain that somehow wealth is something that is never deserved.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/liz-truss-gives-brief-speech-15840203

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson has confirmed he will run for the leadership. Latest Spectator is a pro-Johnson cover.

Imagine if Chris Grayling decided to run for the leadership.

Alberon

May met the 1922 Committee just now and, unusually, nothing has leaked about it yet.

Has May finally agreed a departure date if she hasn't forced the Deal through Parliament?

A statement is due soon.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 16, 2019, 10:37:07 AM
Liz Truss will give a speech today and is expected to say the following:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/liz-truss-gives-brief-speech-15840203

Fortunately not even Tory voters give a fuck what she has to say.

Fambo Number Mive

May will set out a timetable in early June:

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1129020750688661504

Looks like it's even more unlikely her bill will get through, as now people know that voting for it won't mean May will resign any quicker.

BlodwynPig

What's stopping her setting out a timetable today, or even just throwing herself off the white cliffs of Dover, today.

Alberon

She survives another day.

That's all that's mattered to her since the general election. Just make it through the next 24 hours.

Replies From View

LIVE FOR TODAY

is her motto and very good it is too