Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:09:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory leadership contest?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 27, 2019, 12:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will be the next PM? (assuming there is no General Election)

Johnson
24 (12.7%)
Javid
7 (3.7%)
HA HA CUNT
18 (9.5%)
Raab
4 (2.1%)
Rudd
4 (2.1%)
Rees Mogg
5 (2.6%)
Leadsom
4 (2.1%)
May in disguise
16 (8.5%)
Cameron
3 (1.6%)
Fabricant
2 (1.1%)
Another horrible person
43 (22.8%)
Gove
10 (5.3%)
Mourinho
13 (6.9%)
Yamaha
2 (1.1%)
Guffdenim
1 (0.5%)
Liddington
2 (1.1%)
Totnes
1 (0.5%)
Honey I Bummed The Kids
13 (6.9%)
Rudd Gullit
1 (0.5%)
LOLRANDOM
3 (1.6%)
Raoul Moat
5 (2.6%)
Fred West
3 (1.6%)
Worzel FUCKING Gummidge
5 (2.6%)
Lay Gentleman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 188

BlodwynPig

Johnson said fuck all during the "debate". The elderly black lady sniggering at Johnson was the worst bit

Fambo Number Mive

20:00 Johnson claims we will have £39bn to spend if we go out with no deal.

imitationleather

Whenever I think about all this I feel like Harold Shipman sat in his prison cell on his birthday.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 10, 2019, 07:54:08 AM
20:00 Johnson claims we will have £39bn to spend if we go out with no deal.

Hunt says we'll get a Trump style economic boost if we slash corporation tax.

Danger Man

It's thought that most of the membership have already voted so last night's debate was just another layer of bleakness on top of all the other layers.

And we'll be looking back fondly on last night in a few months time.

Fambo Number Mive

Apparently some haven't recieved their ballot papers yet, according to Lucy Allen MP.

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson won't answer third runway question. Hunt supports the third runway. Heard of climate change, Mr Hunt?

And the final question is "What quality do you most admire in your opponent?" What a pointless question.

Johnson "I admire Jeremy's ability to change his mind and campaign for Brexit now"

Hunt "I really admire Boris's ability to answer the question..." Bit of a sarcastic reply.

Then they go to the room where loads of supporters spin for their candidate.

BlodwynPig

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 10, 2019, 07:55:51 AM
Hunt says we'll get a Trump style economic boost if we slash corporation tax.

Yeah, that was a bit mad. Apparently, by slashing corporation tax it'll boost the economy by 3% and once that happens they'll be able to cut income tax as well further down the road so we'll all be better off.

I'm sure there's some logic in there somewhere, but I'll be fucked if I can find it.

Dr Rock

Surely this shitshow can only hurt the Tories? Johnson came off worse than usual and he's going to win.

Ferris

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 10, 2019, 10:02:26 AM
Surely this shitshow can only hurt the Tories? Johnson came off worse than usual and he's going to win.

The last few Tories in charge have been stabbed in the back so much, they are staggering into Number 10 and collapsing in the entrance hall. It's mad that they keep volunteering for the gig, considering it (the job and competing for the job) is chewing up careers at an impressive clip

Fambo Number Mive

Who wrote this? Can you guess?

QuoteShut your eyes. Hold your breath. Think of Britain. Think of the rest of the EU. Think of the future.

"Think of the desire of your children and your grandchildren to live and work in other European countries; to sell things there, to make friends and perhaps to find partners there.

"Ask yourself: despite all the defects and disappointments of this exercise - do you really, truly, definitely want Britain to pull out of the EU

Danger Man

Boris Johnson. He only became pro-Brexit very recently.

Fambo Number Mive

Correct guess - part of an article Johnson wrote during the referendum, never published. Johnson calls it a "semi-parodic article"

Replies From View

QuoteShut your eyes. Hold your breath. Think of Britain.

Shut your eyes. Hold your breath. Think of Britain.

Replies From View

Quote from: Darles Chickens on July 10, 2019, 04:36:27 PM

Come with me
And you'll be
In a world of pure imagination
Take a look and you'll see
Into your imagination

We'll begin with a spin
Travelling in the world of my creation
What we'll see will defy explanation

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Wanna change the world?
There's nothing to it.

There is no life I know
To compare with pure imagination
Living there you'll be free
If you truly wish to be

mothman

Quote from: Darles Chickens on July 10, 2019, 04:36:27 PM

Quote from: Replies From View on July 10, 2019, 05:02:59 PM
Come with me
And you'll be
In a world of pure imagination
Take a look and you'll see
Into your imagination

We'll begin with a spin
Travelling in the world of my creation
What we'll see will defy explanation

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Wanna change the world?
There's nothing to it.

There is no life I know
To compare with pure imagination
Living there you'll be free
If you truly wish to be

Beautiful.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteA BBC Question Time special with the two Conservative leadership candidates "now looks unlikely to go ahead".

The programme was scheduled for Tuesday, but a spokeswoman said the BBC had not been able to "reach agreement" with Jeremy Hunt and Boris Johnson.

It is understood one had concerns about the format - half of the audience would be Tory supporters and the other would represent alternative political views.

Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt tweeted: "Can confirm I am not said candidate."...

The BBC will still be showing two one-on-one interviews with the candidates, hosted by Andrew Neil, on BBC One this Friday at 19:00 BST.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48937987

Blue Jam

Danger Man

QuoteBoris Johnson has already won the Tory leadership contest, according to a poll today - with three quarters of activists now having cast their votes.
A survey for the grassroots ConservativeHome website found the overwhelming majority have sent in their postal votes.
Some 72 per cent also said they had either backed or planned to back Mr Johnson - suggesting he already has an unassailable lead with two weeks to go until the result it announced.
Jeremy Hunt has admitted he is the underdog in the contest to replace Theresa May, but vowed to fight to the end.

Daily Mail

Alberon

They might not be wrong, but I suppose it leaves Cunt in a good position to take over the smoking rubble after Johnson does a big bumdozy in Number 10.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteBoris Johnson will ask the Queen is she wants a new £110million Royal Yacht Britannia if he becomes Prime Minister.

He told a hustings: "The crucial thing is that it should be something that Her Majesty herself actually wants.

" I have not established that. I don't think we should embarrass her - put it that way - by imposing it on her... We need to work out if it is something that would actually be welcome."

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1149405901868150784

BlodwynPig

Hunt destroyed by Neill

But Boris eviscerated by him.

Glorious.

Neither clearly fit (surely to Tories)

Election soon

BlodwynPig

Arsehole in tatters

Ruined

The clown is dead

BlodwynPig