Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:19:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory leadership contest?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 27, 2019, 12:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will be the next PM? (assuming there is no General Election)

Johnson
24 (12.7%)
Javid
7 (3.7%)
HA HA CUNT
18 (9.5%)
Raab
4 (2.1%)
Rudd
4 (2.1%)
Rees Mogg
5 (2.6%)
Leadsom
4 (2.1%)
May in disguise
16 (8.5%)
Cameron
3 (1.6%)
Fabricant
2 (1.1%)
Another horrible person
43 (22.8%)
Gove
10 (5.3%)
Mourinho
13 (6.9%)
Yamaha
2 (1.1%)
Guffdenim
1 (0.5%)
Liddington
2 (1.1%)
Totnes
1 (0.5%)
Honey I Bummed The Kids
13 (6.9%)
Rudd Gullit
1 (0.5%)
LOLRANDOM
3 (1.6%)
Raoul Moat
5 (2.6%)
Fred West
3 (1.6%)
Worzel FUCKING Gummidge
5 (2.6%)
Lay Gentleman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 188

bgmnts

The Welsh are a naturally servile people, have been since the 13th century or so. It makes sense.

Jittlebags

No we aren't you oppressor.

However, Guto Bebb is a strange beast. Plaid Cymru to Conservatives. That's not a logical career move is it??

bgmnts

We fucking are. We're like Igor to England's Dr Frankenstein.

Guto Bebb is a Star Wars alien and nobody will convince me otherwise.

Fambo Number Mive

Just found this from the ITV debates

QuoteOn Heathrow airport expansion: Johnson says he "retains the gravest reservations" and "will be following the legal cases with great interest."
Hunt says that Johnson "needs to have an answer," adding that he backs expansion

So Hunt is happy for a massively climate destroying step to be taken at a time when there is a climate emergency, while Johnson can't say yes or no.

Disgraceful. We should be reducing the number of flights not adding to them. Give Heathrow a third runway and in ten years' time they will want a fourth runway. Like motorways, there will never be enough of them to satisfy their lobbies.

We shouldn't be expanding City Airport or building the Silvertown Tunnel either.

BlodwynPig

But London, jewel in the crown of Broken Britain. Stuff it to the gills with beige tourists looking to catch a glimpse of the Queen but end up miserable in a squalid steakhouse. Ooooh look an exhibition at that very modern Tate, a Union Jack made of cow pats. Cor Blimey, guv'nor, wanna take a ride in my rape taxi? Can't get you to the wolds, my friend, City is surrounded by aeroplanes.

Paul Calf

Not goin' sarf o' the Central London Airport Transfer Beltway (formerly The River Thames) this time o' night squire.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 16, 2019, 11:10:08 AM
Not goin' sarf o' the Central London Airport Transfer Beltway (formerly The River Thames) this time o' night squire.

Or more likely in London 2024

Taxi Robot Voice: 這個時候,鄉紳沒有往倫敦市中心機場轉機

king_tubby

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteMichael Gove has made a pitch to be in Boris Johnson's cabinet regardless of whether it pursues a no-deal Brexit and has lavished praise on his former bitter rival who stands on the brink of becoming prime minister.

Gove set out his view that Johnson and Jeremy Hunt would be "great prime ministers" and claimed "we can trust them both to do the right thing on every critical issue". His attempt to bury the hatchet with Johnson, who is likely to enter No 10 next week, comes three years after Gove sank his former friend's last leadership bid with a stinging character attack.

Speaking at Kew Gardens, the environment secretary would not say which of his former leadership rivals he would vote for in the contest but claimed to have deep admiration for them both after watching them in cabinet.

"I won't say who I'm going to vote for. It will be the love that dare not speak its name," he said, dismissing his previous criticism of Johnson as unfit to be prime minister as "based on events at that time"...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/16/michael-gove-makes-pitch-for-position-in-boris-johnson-cabinet

So what events have changed since you said that, Gove?

Fambo Number Mive

Quote...In 2012, Jennette Arnold, the chair of the London assembly, wrote to Johnson on behalf of female assembly members who felt the mayor "treated them in a disrespectful, patronising way at meetings and in a manner that you do not display when dealing with male AMs".

Among the examples listed were Johnson repeatedly calling female colleagues "dear", accusing one of "chuntering on" and describing the question of another as "blah blah blah blah fishcakes". Johnson denied sexism.

But it was not only political opponents who were riled. Boff said: "He hates being held to account – we [the Conservative group] weren't sycophants to Boris, and he hated that. He looked thoroughly hurt whenever we would challenge him, as if he had been stabbed in the back. But he got terribly intemperate when challenged, and he does have a temper on him."

Tory critics questioning the number of skyscrapers he waved through despite promises to the contrary, or the deal Johnson signed off on the Olympic Stadium, saddling taxpayers with huge liabilities for decades to come, were referred to as the "passé posse" by the mayor's team...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/16/total-chaos-boris-johnson-london-mayor

QuoteIt was promised as a "tiara on the head of our fabulous city" and "a gift to the people of London" that would be entirely paid for by big business and rich benefactors, but Boris Johnson's plan for a garden bridge across the Thames cost taxpayers £43m even though the scheme was scrapped long before a single flower would ever bloom.

The then mayor of London's desperation to secure funding to meet the spiralling costs of the 366-metre (1,200ft) crossing led him to make a secretive dash to Silicon Valley to beg Apple executives for cash, offering to allow the iPhone maker to "call it the Apple Bridge and you pay for it, chum".

Freedom of information (FoI) requests also reveal Johnson, who was twice warned over a "lack of transparency" in signing sponsorship deals with Barclays, Emirates and Wonga, sought to keep secret an attempt to get one of Britain's richest families to fund the bridge while London was in crisis following the brutal murder of Lee Rigby...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/16/you-pay-for-it-chum-boris-johnson-struggle-save-garden-bridge

Lordofthefiles

Watching the final hustings on Sky News at the minute, and I've just worked out (after all these years) who Boz-Boz reminds me of... its Basil Brush.

Its all there, the voice, the excited verbosity, the aristocratic pomposity, the shitting in the park and the noisey fucking behind the bins in the back lane.
Absolute ringer.

Lordofthefiles

Ferris

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on July 17, 2019, 09:20:37 PM
The Trinity College Tiddlywinkers in happier times.

Fucking hell, the state of these cunts.

king_tubby

Quote from: Cursus on July 17, 2019, 08:18:08 PM

Would would would wouldn't would wouldn't would would would would wouldn't would wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't would

Replies From View

Imagine having "defeating Jeremy Corbyn" as one of your three key objectives for Tory leader.

You know, that unelectable Jeremy Corbyn who would lose an election against some trousers.  Him.

Paul Calf

greencalx

Quote from: Replies From View on July 17, 2019, 11:55:14 PM
Imagine having "defeating Jeremy Corbyn" as one of your three key objectives for Tory leader.

You know, that unelectable Jeremy Corbyn who would lose an election against some trousers.  Him.

I thought that too.

Saw Laura K's piece on the hustings on the Ten last night. Almost entirely uncritical, apart from a token question in prorogueing parliament. I look forward to her letting Corbyn get his core messages across in the next interview she does with him.

sponk

Quote from: greencalx on July 18, 2019, 07:54:10 AM
I thought that too.

Why? Even if they think he's not a threat, it's in their interest to build him up as one to generate fear and attract votes. They do it all the time with immigrants, Europe etc. They're not going to say "ah fuck it, the opposition is shite so it doesn't really matter what we do" are they.

greencalx

I refer you to Replies post.

Tories and half the Labour Party daily since 2015: "Corbyn is unelectable, the best thing that could ever happen to the Tories, any other leader would have them 400 points ahead" etc

Boris in 2019: "Corbyn is on the cusp of being PM and I'm the only one who can take him down"

Can you really not see the inconsistency?

Urinal Cake

What does logic have to do with politics recently? Especially Conservative politics.

Corbyn is a political cenobite. Ineffectual to some. A threat to others. Underperforming to all.

sponk

Quote from: greencalx on July 18, 2019, 08:09:10 AM
I refer you to Replies post.

Tories and half the Labour Party daily since 2015: "Corbyn is unelectable, the best thing that could ever happen to the Tories, any other leader would have them 400 points ahead" etc

Boris in 2019: "Corbyn is on the cusp of being PM and I'm the only one who can take him down"

Can you really not see the inconsistency?
It's a massive inconsistency, of course. But the Tories are liars so it doesn't surprise me. Was your point that they're now being honest when they say he's a threat and on the cusp of being PM?

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteBoris Johnson waves around a kipper

He explains that an Isle of Man kipper smoker is complaining about EU red tape

The Isle of Man is not in the EU.

greencalx

Quote from: sponk on July 18, 2019, 08:43:07 AM
It's a massive inconsistency, of course. But the Tories are liars so it doesn't surprise me. Was your point that they're now being honest when they say he's a threat and on the cusp of being PM?

Nope, simply that they are being inconsistent. Is that really so hard to understand?

I don't actually think for a minute that Tories seriously believe that Labour can win the next election with Corbyn as leader, which is why they are thinking of holding an election before the campaign within the PLP to depose Corbyn has reached its endpoint.  The bigger problem for them is the Brexit party splitting the right-wing vote, which is why Boris wants to do Brexit first, and then an election. With Brexit out of the way, there's no reason (at least according to him) for traditional Tory voters to vote for the Brexit party. However putting "Defeat Nigel Farage" as his third campaign pledge would probably piss off most of his support, who rather like Farage and would probably wish they could vote for him instead.

But isn't it amusing that if you only have space for three things on a pledge card, you would cite defeating an irrelevant non-opponent as one of them?

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 17, 2019, 09:39:45 PM
Fucking hell, the state of these cunts.

Imagine these twatpuddles ordering a round in a pub. Ordering Guinness last having just requested one drink at a time very fucking slowly, as the crowd gathers impatiently around them. They all smell the same and have the same laugh, no hair on their balls and so they hunch over like pre-pubscent rugger-bugger swans gathering around a single jaffa cake left ominously on the pub floor while one of them tries to squeak out a knob of man butter, only to miss and hit and old man in the eye as he's wheeled past them by his depressed daughter. The card is declined while one of them demands his ale to be topped up to the brim rather than have a foamy head because he wants his money's worth, despite the fact he earns £60K in the city and spends most of the time lying to his fiancee who is also his sister that he's working late when instead he's telling a knackered prostitute that "I haven't done this before" except they both know that this has happened many times over and he often just falls asleep after a handjob you can boil an egg by and subsequently cuddles her to sleep while quietly crying and referring to her as "Nanny".

Bunch of shits.

BlodwynPig

vivid but accurate representation