Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:41:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory leadership contest?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 27, 2019, 12:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will be the next PM? (assuming there is no General Election)

Johnson
24 (12.7%)
Javid
7 (3.7%)
HA HA CUNT
18 (9.5%)
Raab
4 (2.1%)
Rudd
4 (2.1%)
Rees Mogg
5 (2.6%)
Leadsom
4 (2.1%)
May in disguise
16 (8.5%)
Cameron
3 (1.6%)
Fabricant
2 (1.1%)
Another horrible person
43 (22.8%)
Gove
10 (5.3%)
Mourinho
13 (6.9%)
Yamaha
2 (1.1%)
Guffdenim
1 (0.5%)
Liddington
2 (1.1%)
Totnes
1 (0.5%)
Honey I Bummed The Kids
13 (6.9%)
Rudd Gullit
1 (0.5%)
LOLRANDOM
3 (1.6%)
Raoul Moat
5 (2.6%)
Fred West
3 (1.6%)
Worzel FUCKING Gummidge
5 (2.6%)
Lay Gentleman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 188

Fambo Number Mive

Will Johnson keep his Daily Telegraph column if he becomes PM?

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 13, 2019, 10:49:14 AM
The Mail and The Express both have headlines starting with the word VICTORY.

They're not going to be happy until it's gone full-fash, are they?

At this point, it feels like the prorogation of parliament to implement the "will of the people" is a matter of "when" rather than "who the fuck would be crazy enough to try something like that".

Fambo Number Mive

James Cleverly doesn't like people criticising Johnson, in an article for the Osborne-edited Evening Standard:

QuoteThey said it when he ran for Mayor. They're at it again now that he's running to be prime minister. The headlines, the waffle from the appointed commentariat and the self-appointed twitterati, the slurs from political opponents from within or outside his party. It all has more than a touch of Groundhog Day about it.

"Self-appointed twitterati". An MP criticising people for having opinions on politics.

Pseudopath

QuoteIt all has more than a touch of Groundhog Day about it.

So Boris learns French, drives us off a cliff and is unable to prevent the death of a homeless old man? Sounds about right.

Urinal Cake

Looking at all these gurning selfies of MPs you know everything is going to work out fine for them regardless who wins. You're fUKed.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteTory leadership candidates have been told they have to pay CCHQ £150,000 if they get to the final two, to pay for the hustings around the country

That should make sure that no-one who isn't rich gets in. Although I doubt any of the candidate aren't wealthy.

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1139116590270693376

Paul Calf

They seriously want to be head of a bankrupt party at the end of its cultural relevance? Why would anyone do that? What are their motives?

Danger Man

Something for the CV before they fuck off to a big American bank.

ZoyzaSorris

Cleverly really is one of the worst. He thinks he is witty and urbane, at least most of the ERG types have the decency not to pretend to be anything other than unreconstructed one-note throwbacks seeking to destroy all the achievements of the modern world.

Armin Meiwes

Cleverly is one of those sad fucks that is basically a Twitter troll, much as I hate your Johnson's and Goves at least they rise above that very very low bar.

Paul Calf

Well, at least  there's no precedent for acting like a cunt on Twitter leading to power eh?

Danger Man

It could all be done in a few hours. Oh! Everybody voted Boris for a laugh. Game Over.

Jasha

It's a closed ballot isn't it? Wouldn't surprise me if all those making a public endorsement of Johnson actually vote Hunt/Javid. A bit like the secret Tory voters at GE time.

Alberon

Quote from: Jasha on June 13, 2019, 12:53:26 PM
It's a closed ballot isn't it? Wouldn't surprise me if all those making a public endorsement of Johnson actually vote Hunt/Javid. A bit like the secret Tory voters at GE time.

This is very possible. Apparently the 1922 Committee banned phones in the voting room as Johnson's team were demanding proof that the MPs had voted for him.

Quote from: Alberon on June 13, 2019, 12:58:03 PM
This is very possible. Apparently the 1922 Committee banned phones in the voting room as Johnson's team were demanding proof that the MPs had voted for him.

All just perfectly normal behaviour from a perfectly normal leadership campaign.

Quote from: Jason GrovesLeadership candidates starting to arrive for leadership count. Dominic Raab and Rory Stewart here. Boris Johnson 'not coming', according to a supporter:  'He's holed up in his office'

Perfectly normal.

Danger Man

Oh fuck.....

Boris Johnson - 114
Jeremy Hunt - 43
Michael Gove - 37
Dominic Raab - 27
Sajid Javid - 23
Matt Hancock - 20
Mark Harper - 10
Rory Stewart - 19
Esther McVey - 9
Andrea Leadsom - 11

The Culture Bunker

I'd be surprised if anyone is surprised by that.

Alberon

The mad bastards are going to do it. Johnson is the next PM!

Fucking Johnson!!

The next rounds will be closer as people drop out and the votes consolidate so it's not all lost.

For reference, May got 141 votes in the first round last time.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 13, 2019, 01:13:13 PMFor reference, May got 141 votes in the first round last time.
How crowded was the field that time?

Jasha

Quote from: Danger Man on June 13, 2019, 01:08:17 PM
Oh fuck.....

Boris Johnson - 114

113 of those are gonna be disappointed when he doesn't make them home sec

Danger Man

This, but with Nelson's Column replacing the Statue of Liberty

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Alberon on June 13, 2019, 01:10:28 PM
The mad bastards are going to do it. Johnson is the next PM!

Fucking Johnson!!

which will lead to Corbyn in power this year after a GE, top stuff

Jasha

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 13, 2019, 01:13:13 PM
The next rounds will be closer as people drop out and the votes consolidate so it's not all lost.

For reference, May got 141 votes in the first round last time.

The McVey/Loathsome/Raab clique will migrate to Johnson though

pigamus

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 13, 2019, 01:15:24 PM
which will lead to Corbyn in power this year after a GE, top stuff

I wouldn't bank on it mate. I honestly wouldn't.

imitationleather

Quote from: Cursus on June 13, 2019, 01:16:50 PM
FFS:

What is going on with her grammar?

Anyway, the very real prospect of Johnson being PM has sufficiently chilled my blood. Feel free to crack me open and have a glug!