Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:27:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory leadership contest?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 27, 2019, 12:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will be the next PM? (assuming there is no General Election)

Johnson
24 (12.7%)
Javid
7 (3.7%)
HA HA CUNT
18 (9.5%)
Raab
4 (2.1%)
Rudd
4 (2.1%)
Rees Mogg
5 (2.6%)
Leadsom
4 (2.1%)
May in disguise
16 (8.5%)
Cameron
3 (1.6%)
Fabricant
2 (1.1%)
Another horrible person
43 (22.8%)
Gove
10 (5.3%)
Mourinho
13 (6.9%)
Yamaha
2 (1.1%)
Guffdenim
1 (0.5%)
Liddington
2 (1.1%)
Totnes
1 (0.5%)
Honey I Bummed The Kids
13 (6.9%)
Rudd Gullit
1 (0.5%)
LOLRANDOM
3 (1.6%)
Raoul Moat
5 (2.6%)
Fred West
3 (1.6%)
Worzel FUCKING Gummidge
5 (2.6%)
Lay Gentleman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 188

Pseudopath

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 13, 2019, 01:15:24 PM
which will lead to Corbyn in power this year after a GE, top stuff

I think you underestimate how many people love that LOLBORIS schtick, especially when he starts hurling baseless insults at Corbyn during PMQs and the tabloids parrot them endlessly.

We're fucked.

Armin Meiwes

Johnston only needs like 106MPs to make the final round so it's over.

Alberon

Yep, no realistic path to see him drop to third. So he's through to the swivel-eyed loons with Tory Party membership.

Alberon

And while he will drive the party completely into the ground he'll still have the chance to do an enormous amount of damage before he's gone.

Danger Man

Cameron---May---Johnson

It just gets worse and worse.  After Johnson, Davros???

Paul Calf

Johnson---Johnson---Johnson---Johnson---Johnson---Johnson---Johnson---Bannon
                                                                                                             |--Johnson

pigamus

Quote from: Danger Man on June 13, 2019, 01:37:23 PM
Cameron---May---Johnson

Davros was talented.

Quote from: Danger Man on June 13, 2019, 01:37:23 PM
Cameron---May---Johnson

Then Galvatron.

Endicott

All that time as a gaff spaffing twat whilst Foreign Sec was just to get us used to the idea.

I'm not sure he's going to be materially worse than any of the others you know. More embarrassing, certainly.

Paul Calf

Paul Calf

He's not 'gaffe-prone'. He knows exactly what he's doing and is a turn towards genuine fascism for this country.

Scotland: get out while you can.

bgmnts

Johnson to bring about an age of economic prosperity and peace.

Blumf

Quote from: Danger Man on June 13, 2019, 01:15:14 PM

This, but with Nelson's Column replacing the Statue of Liberty

BritishHobo

Can't fucking believe Boris Johnson is going to be our Prime Minister. Boris and Donald on the world stage together. Humiliation.

Paul Calf

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 13, 2019, 02:17:25 PM
Can't fucking believe Boris Johnson is going to be our Prime Minister. Boris and Donald on the world stage together. Humiliation. Totalitarianism.

jobotic

I feel sick and I won't be forgiving the cunts that made this happen.

Never been one for purge talk but those Mps need to be gone now.

Gerald Fjord

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 13, 2019, 01:39:33 PM
Johnson---Johnson---Johnson---Johnson---Johnson---Johnson---Johnson---Bannon
                                                                                                             |--Johnson

is actually a legal phrase in english

hummingofevil

I am sure the utter bleakness of it all will come around to haunt me but I am actually feeling rather optimistic about Boris winning.

What it does is finally remove any sheen or respectabilty and it's the Tories finally admitting, publically and very fucking explicitly that they are a bunch of absolutely rotten cunts who do anything for power, even if that means installing the cunt's cunt in Number 10. They are all on record that they think he is a limp dick of a human being (metaphorically if not literally) so it should be the biggest open goal to attack them from every side.

It is not even like the well-at-least-it's-not-Farage lot have a point anymore because why should we be worried about The Brexit Party as a hypothetical alternative when the actual Tories we have always had are worse. Theresa May was more racist that Farage - she was an actual practicing racist with on record issues and policies against immigrants. Boris is that with added Jim Crow language. Yes it's fucking bleak but can we please all stop thinking that they are anything but the enemy (yes I know most on here agree but I really think this could have some traction in broader country).

It's like watching these Trump clips from before. You can either think that the world has fully gone to shit and we are all fucked as a complete and utter bona-fide moron is running the planet or you can grab the one small consolation that it's always been this time group of self-entitled cunts who have fucked us over, for ever, everywhere and at least its ABSOLUTELY FUCKING OBVIOUS now.

Norton Canes

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 13, 2019, 02:20:45 PM
I am sure the utter bleakness of it all will come around to haunt me but I am actually feeling rather optimistic about Boris winning

Boris Johnson. Not 'Boris'. Never just 'Boris'. Boris Johnson.

Just 'Johnson' will also do the trick. But never 'Boris'.

Paul Calf

But it won't be absolutely obvious until they've grabbed enough power to suppress dissent. That's how fascist coups work - gradually.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Pseudopath on June 13, 2019, 01:19:12 PM
I think you underestimate how many people love that LOLBORIS schtick, especially when he starts hurling baseless insults at Corbyn during PMQs and the tabloids parrot them endlessly.

We're fucked.

Alternatively, I think it is totally underestimated  how many people loathe the cunt. We slipping into Trump territory where the half the country fucking hate the other half (well actually if you look at the % of population who vote for these clowns it tends to be more like 25%) but at least we have had the last three years to get used to it.

No Tory can ever pretend to be anything other than a complete and utter bastard ever again. The problem with the media coverage they get is that it is all hidden behind stats and policy but with Boris in charge they WILL lose the rhetorical battle. I am convinced by that.

Instead of Trump we should be looking at Brazil for a better example of how right-wing populism is turning out. The country are fucking sick of that prick already.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Norton Canes on June 13, 2019, 02:25:29 PM

Least of my worries mate. People banging on about media calling him "Boris" are already losing as bigger battles to be had. He is "Boris" whether we like it or not.

Paul Calf

They're not going to make the 2017 mistake again though. I think it's likely that Johnson won't go for a GE, but instead try to bypass parliament.

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 13, 2019, 02:29:05 PM
Least of my worries mate. People banging on about media calling him "Boris" are already losing as bigger battles to be had. He is "Boris" whether we like it or not.

Yeah, but it's pretty easy not to call him 'Boris' so shall we just do that?

gib

Quote from: Norton Canes on June 13, 2019, 02:25:29 PM

Yeah, let's try and stick to this.

Jerzy Bondov

If it's anything like Trump, in a few years we'll all be sitting around saying how liberal Theresa May was. Pining for the days when the Tories had to try to pretend not to be cunts instead of just openly being cunts.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on June 13, 2019, 02:31:25 PM
If it's anything like Trump, in a few years we'll all be sitting around saying how liberal Theresa May was. Pining for the days when the Tories had to try to pretend not to be cunts instead of just openly being cunts.

That moment passed 9 years ago when Osborne and Cameron stood on a stage together and said that austerity cuts would be 'deep and savage'.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 13, 2019, 02:25:33 PM
But it won't be absolutely obvious until they've grabbed enough power to suppress dissent. That's how fascist coups work - gradually.

They already have it. Yes there are very dangerous times ahead with where this is going but we need to stop pretending this shit hasn't been going on for ever anyway.

Why are we so quick to point the finger elsewhere and let the same things happen here? "Trump is a racist who incarcerates women and children" - Yarl's Wood still exists; "Putin is trying to take over Africa" - Gavin Williamson talked of building new military bases in South China sea; "Steve Bannon and Farage and Cambridge Analytica are after our data" - that story yesterday about MI5 and our data is horrifying if you think about the realities of the shit they have on us.

It has already happened. The door has bolted. The only difference is now they are showing us the horse.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 13, 2019, 02:29:30 PM
They're not going to make the 2017 mistake again though. I think it's likely that Johnson won't go for a GE, but instead try to bypass parliament.

Yeah, but it's pretty easy not to call him 'Boris' so shall we just do that?

As you asked so nicely I shall conform.

Paul Calf

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 13, 2019, 02:34:19 PM
They already have it. Yes there are very dangerous times ahead with where this is going but we need to stop pretending this shit hasn't been going on for ever anyway.

Why are we so quick to point the finger elsewhere and let the same things happen here? "Trump is a racist who incarcerates women and children" - Yarl's Wood still exists; "Putin is trying to take over Africa" - Gavin Williamson talked of building new military bases in South China sea; "Steve Bannon and Farage and Cambridge Analytica are after our data" - that story yesterday about MI5 and our data is horrifying if you think about the realities of the shit they have on us.

It has already happened. The door has bolted. The only difference is now they are showing us the horse.

No, because we are still able and free to point those things out.

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 13, 2019, 02:34:53 PM
As you asked so nicely I shall conform.

Aww, thanks :)