Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:06:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory leadership contest?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 27, 2019, 12:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will be the next PM? (assuming there is no General Election)

Johnson
24 (12.7%)
Javid
7 (3.7%)
HA HA CUNT
18 (9.5%)
Raab
4 (2.1%)
Rudd
4 (2.1%)
Rees Mogg
5 (2.6%)
Leadsom
4 (2.1%)
May in disguise
16 (8.5%)
Cameron
3 (1.6%)
Fabricant
2 (1.1%)
Another horrible person
43 (22.8%)
Gove
10 (5.3%)
Mourinho
13 (6.9%)
Yamaha
2 (1.1%)
Guffdenim
1 (0.5%)
Liddington
2 (1.1%)
Totnes
1 (0.5%)
Honey I Bummed The Kids
13 (6.9%)
Rudd Gullit
1 (0.5%)
LOLRANDOM
3 (1.6%)
Raoul Moat
5 (2.6%)
Fred West
3 (1.6%)
Worzel FUCKING Gummidge
5 (2.6%)
Lay Gentleman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 188

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Space ghost on March 28, 2019, 03:16:14 PM
9.2mb GIF

please have mercy!

Its the "best way", can't you people just accept that?

Alberon

It's not going to be anyone with too many enemies and will probably end up being someone we've never heard of.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Alberon on March 28, 2019, 03:34:13 PM
It's not going to be anyone with too many enemies and will probably end up being someone we've never heard of.

Depends on circumstances of the exit.

If Brexit is deemed "at stake" it will start as a cluster fuck before the grandees realise they're shitting with their pants on and force the process to be more streamlined and for people to coalesce around either a hard Brexit character or inoffensive boreface or Remain/Closer ties option.

There are lots of candidates for the former but not much for either of the others.

If the leadership contest happens post-deal signoff, or even post No-deal, then I think it might be the really venal drawn out shitshow they're afraid of.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Alberon on March 28, 2019, 03:34:13 PM

I reckon Johnny Mercer will try for it. I can't find any odds on him at the bookies tho.
I can find such unlikely arseholes as Rory Stewart at 80/1 and Liam Fox at 125/1, but nowt for JM.

Maybe JM has something in his closet that's distasteful to the Tories, he could be a transphobic dog rapist, or an empathy, or something.

Bryan Cocks

Jeremy Hunt is probably the best we can hope for, assuming an election follows swiftly. He's comparatively harmless, hasn't pissed too many other Tories off aside from that stupid idea to hold a vote on April 10th, and is so widely hated by vast swathes of the public, it's inconceivable he'd lead the Tories to anything other than the defeat they deserve.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bryan Cocks on March 28, 2019, 03:49:02 PM
Jeremy Hunt is probably the best we can hope for, assuming an election follows swiftly. He's comparatively harmless, hasn't pissed too many other Tories off aside from that stupid idea to hold a vote on April 10th, and is so widely hated by vast swathes of the public, it's inconceivable he'd lead the Tories to anything other than the defeat they deserve.

He pissed off his wife and two global superpowers in one foul breath

jamiefairlie

Problem is (well problem for the Tories, so fucking delightful for me) is that they are split into two wings who actively detest each other - the mad right wing cunts and the even madder, even more rightwing, even more cunty, cunts. Anybody from either wing wins then it's vicious civil war. If a compromise candidate wins then they just have May back because there is no compromise that works.

However, no matter how bad the Tories behave, they'll still be the government for the foreseeable future.

Phil_A

Quote from: Bryan Cocks on March 28, 2019, 03:49:02 PM

Harmless, other than his deeply held desire to abolish the NHS and replace it with US style privately financed healthcare? His direct ties to the Murdoch empire?

I maintain the man's a fucking psychopath who has greased his way through a career purely on the strength of his connections(media and royal) despite never displaying a single ounce of competence in any role. He should be nowhere near the top job, he shouldn't even be running a fruit stall.

greencalx

Hunt harmless? Christ, we'd be better off with Gove.

Fambo Number Mive

Wondering if Liddington, whom little is known about, would be likely to win.

Hunt would be a terrible PM.

greencalx

Do you think Chuka will stand?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Consignia on March 28, 2019, 10:06:22 PM
See ~50 seconds into this video: https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1111246772892913664

I liked her remark but what's all this about the Tories having a "new generation of MPs who would be really good in that role"

Are you a fucking Labour MP or what?

Danger Man

Javid might be popular with the media but if he makes the last two and the 120,000 Conservative party members get to vote....

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Danger Man on March 28, 2019, 10:21:32 PM
Javid might be popular with the media but if he makes the last two and the 120,000 Conservative party members get to vote....

Even racists love Magic p**i*

*what I hear to be his moniker in The Shires

Danger Man

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 28, 2019, 10:23:08 PM
Even racists love Magic p**i*

*I get to say a bad word but it's OK because race isn't important on here.

Talulah, really!

Quote from: Danger Man on March 28, 2019, 11:24:40 PM

*I get to say a bad word but it's OK because race isn't important on here.

That's not true, we take race very seriously...

...The Conservative Party Leadership Race that is!

hummingofevil

Might put a couple of quid on Liz Truss. She has that most political of abilities to come across as vaguely human but has quietly been ticking over being a pretty awful
Tory. Part of the Britannia Unchained extreme free-market  lot with Priti Patel and Raab but could publically defend at least a selective version of her time in education so could potentially get support from both sides of the party.

100/1. Worth a quid or two

BlodwynPig

Justine Greening Trumps Truss

hummingofevil

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 29, 2019, 12:38:59 AM
Justine Greening Trumps Truss

She's nowhere near enough of a bastard. As you said previously she seems to have some sense of integrity so that's her out. Truss is a full on free-market extremist so there would be plenty on the nutter right getting behind her in Parliament.

pancreas

Quote from: jobotic on March 28, 2019, 03:02:53 PM
He must have a good chance, he is Murdoch's man after all. Literally.

?

Telegraph/Barclay bros.

phantom_power

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 29, 2019, 12:37:53 AM
Might put a couple of quid on Liz Truss.

Everyone loved that book on grammar she wrote a few years ago as well

Replies From View

Quote from: phantom_power on March 29, 2019, 08:12:23 AM
Everyone loved that book on grammar she wrote a few years ago as well

Eats Cunts and Leaves?

I never really understood it because "cunts" isn't a verb that pandas partake in or a noun that has anything to do with pandas either.  Very strange.

jobotic

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Replies From View on March 29, 2019, 08:39:55 AM
Eats Cunts and Leaves?

I never really understood it because "cunts" isn't a verb that pandas partake in or a noun that has anything to do with pandas either.  Very strange.

You've obviously never seen a panda driving a Land Rover into a pleb's car.

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson being promoted as the leading candidate to replace May in the right wing press, despite this Guardian story: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/30/gove-johnson-under-fire-vote-leave-fine-appeal-dropped

A YouGov poll finds that in net terms, David Liddington and Sajid Javid come top: https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1111206467510681601

However, a Sky poll finds that 49% don't want any of Johnson, Gove, Rudd, Javid or Hunt

Penny Mordant plans to be a candidate

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 29, 2019, 12:37:53 AM
Might put a couple of quid on Liz Truss. She has that most political of abilities to come across as vaguely human but has quietly been ticking over being a pretty awful
Tory. Part of the Britannia Unchained extreme free-market  lot with Priti Patel and Raab but could publically defend at least a selective version of her time in education so could potentially get support from both sides of the party.

100/1. Worth a quid or two

Slight issue in that she is one of the most incompetent rabbit-in-headlights interviewees and constantly looks like she's battling exhaustion, something which no true blue Tory would stand for.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Latest 5pt lead for Labour has been advertised on the Mail front page this morning and that Boris is the voter's favourite to replace May. It's frantic and rabid even by recent standards. Absolutely shitting themselves.

greencalx

It's so obviously going to be BoJo. Many people will still think he's a great bunch of lads due to a HIGNFY appearance 15 years ago.

Although don't underestimate the Gove. Since courting controversy in Education, he's kept his head down in Justice and the Environment, and actually made a reasonable fist of those (for a Tory). I doubt even the education controversies will count against them, because taking a stand against teachers probably plays well with the right.