Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:21:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Amazon Prime Recs

Started by Sin Agog, March 28, 2019, 08:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

I've reconsidered Hanna it isn't absolutely total shit. Kind of a mashup of Skins and Jason Bourne films but not as good as that description sounds.

Ferris

Elementary is a fun procedural, good leads and doesn't disappear up its own fundament.

phantom_power

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 07, 2019, 02:28:27 AM
Elementary is a fun procedural, good leads and doesn't disappear up its own fundament.

Not on UK Amazon though, annoyingly

Ferris

Quote from: phantom_power on April 07, 2019, 10:36:42 AM
Not on UK Amazon though, annoyingly

Shit, sorry. Someone's already told me this in the thread about it but it's literally the only thing I use Amazon Prime for so it's the only thing I associate with it.

It's an Elementary boxset I beam into our home, basically.

phantom_power

Have you tried Burn Notice? Similarly unpretentious fun procedural but with an ex spy instead of a Sherlock

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 29, 2019, 04:37:14 PM
The Expanse.

just started watching this- loving the lack of exposition & the production values generally. a bloke I worked with aeons ago, when he was a camera operator, directed the first episode. in fact, he's a bit of a name director now, which is delightful because his boss on the soap, back in liverpool in the 80s, gave him shit & said he'd never amount to anything. I'd love to throw my awards in the old bugger's face if it was me.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: phantom_power on April 08, 2019, 07:52:21 AM
Have you tried Burn Notice? Similarly unpretentious fun procedural but with an ex spy instead of a Sherlock
I did watch this when it was on Channel 5 (I think?) and stuck with it mainly for Bruce Campbell and the occasional interesting guest star, like yer man who was in Animal House/played the VP in West Wing. The main guy and IRA woman were a bit bland.

holyzombiejesus

Think Wentworth (the Prisoner Cell Block H reboot) might be available on Prime.

NoSleep

Quote from: Sin Agog on March 28, 2019, 08:28:09 AM
Accidentally got a 30-day trial while ordering a nose hair trimmer, so might as well make use of it for a few weeks.

...or was it by accident?
They tried that on me last week. Bought something and opted for free standard delivery but they decided I'd prefer free Prime delivery instead (I was aware of the choices and specifically picked the one I wanted). Went back to the order and tweaked it back to what I'd requested and cancelled the free month on Prime. Sneaky cunts.

phantom_power

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on June 26, 2019, 01:04:58 PM
I did watch this when it was on Channel 5 (I think?) and stuck with it mainly for Bruce Campbell and the occasional interesting guest star, like yer man who was in Animal House/played the VP in West Wing. The main guy and IRA woman were a bit bland.

I started off thinking he was quite bland but grew to really like him. He has great comic chops and does some great character work when he is pretending to be someone else

Loads of Elementary is now on Amazon, as well as all of Justified. Which is nice

Mister Six

Justified is properly excellent, and doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the wacky white man procedurals. Dips a bit in the penultimate season, but the finale is a stormer.

Glebe

I got a Fire TV Stick a little while ago, location copyright issues mean I can't view Prime films/shows in the app itself, have to go into the Silk Browser and log into Prime Video... HOWEVER, I just treated meself to an Amazon Fire HD 10 last week and the Prime app works fine on that.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Glebe on June 28, 2019, 04:32:29 AM
I got a Fire TV Stick a little while ago, location copyright issues mean I can't view Prime films/shows in the app itself, have to go into the Silk Browser and log into Prime Video... HOWEVER, I just treated meself to an Amazon Fire HD 10 last week and the Prime app works fine on that.

while I was in madrid the last week, the mrs swiped my ipad to binge-watch some hospital drama that she said she couldn't get on her ipad despite paying for prime. so I went into the settings on her ipad & told it that it was in blighty, & behold! the show appeared & I got my own damn ipad back.
but I'm worried about brexit.