Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:17:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit In Parliament Discussion Thread

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 28, 2019, 08:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Cocks

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 29, 2019, 03:12:11 PM
The mace was used in one particularly vicious assault

JRM seen limping out of the chamber.

BlodwynPig

QuoteKuenssberg
Ayes 286 Noes 344 - govt loses again by significant chunk, altho much better result for them than before

you fucking twit

Talulah, really!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

May wasn't seriously thinking this would pass, so presumably she will bring it back again nearer to April 12th and include the political declaration that time in the hope the Speaker allows it.

And pray for some miracle from the EU

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 29, 2019, 03:19:07 PM
May wasn't seriously thinking this would pass, so presumably she will bring it back again nearer to April 12th and include the political declaration that time in the hope the Speaker allows it.

And pray for some miracle from the EU

No. She should not be allowed. She has failed utterly and monumentally. If someone else wants to do it, fine.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 29, 2019, 03:20:54 PM
No. She should not be allowed. She has failed utterly and monumentally. If someone else wants to do it, fine.

I agree but just saying she will try and ultimately the EU might demand that no, a longer extension is required. May will then have to hahahaha sorry... back down and end up extending this by years. Hahahahahaha

greencalx

Well, since pretty much everyone seemed happy with the first extension, one does wonder if being in a permanent state of "leaving the EU" might actually be best all round.

We have always been leaving the EU.

Meanwhile, just five Labour Ayes: Kevin Barron, Rosie Cooper, Jim Fitzpatrick, Caroline Flint and John Mann. That's just two more than last time. (Going in the wrong direction though).

BlodwynPig

"best all round" for who?

"This ship is sinking....but I think it's best all round if we let it continually sink without being completely sunk...yes some will die, but di Caprio and Winslet, the golden children of this ship's future, will at least survive"

"Why doesn't Winslet just jump, ffs?"

Sebastian Cobb

Even on a catastrophic day for the Tories, Jess Phillips can't help but put the boot into Labour.
https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1111648516160569344

SteveDave

Sebastian Cobb

QuoteExtraordinary footwork from Anne Main of the ERG. She has received 600-800 emails from constituents all but 80 from Remainers asking her to vote against the deal. This PROVES it's a plot, so she'll now vote FOR May's deal because she "will not be cowed". By her constituents! 👀

https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1111637206140100610

greencalx

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 29, 2019, 03:41:32 PM
"This ship is sinking....but I think it's best all round if we let it continually sink without being completely sunk...yes some will die, but di Caprio and Winslet, the golden children of this ship's future, will at least survive"

Except the ship doesn't start to sink before we actually leave, so the analogy doesn't quite work.

Alberon

Government plan is apparently to see what emerges from the non-indicative Indicative Votes on Monday and then have another stab at MV3 essentially versus that.

Fucking insane!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: greencalx on March 29, 2019, 03:52:16 PM
Except the ship doesn't start to sink before we actually leave, so the analogy doesn't quite work.

It's been sinking for the last 50 years.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 29, 2019, 03:41:41 PM
Even on a catastrophic day for the Tories, Jess Phillips can't help but put the boot into Labour.
https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1111648516160569344

ugh, horrible person. Look at the eye rolling

Blue Jam

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 29, 2019, 04:06:37 PM
"Fuck knows, it's like the living dead in here":

https://youtu.be/SmqKvuyNPA8

That was majestically recited. I bet Watt rehearsed that in the mirror a few times.

BlodwynPig

Tweeted from his plane to his fourth home on the Maldives

greencalx

Meeting of ministers happening right now. Significant, or do you think May is just being clear again?

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 29, 2019, 05:18:34 PM
That was majestically recited. I bet Watt rehearsed that in the mirror a few times.

While shagging the missus

José

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 29, 2019, 03:47:58 PM
https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1111637206140100610

i will not be cowed by my constituents who coincidentally, are literal cows. (my constituency is a rotten borough).

Talulah, really!

Quote from: Talulah, really! on March 29, 2019, 02:48:11 PM
One more push!

Same time next week?

Quote from: greencalx on March 29, 2019, 02:51:40 PM
Yeah, I'll have to look at the three majorities and extrapolate to when we might expect the agreement to pass.

I thought I was joking, however....

Government sources suggested she was first likely to make another attempt to force her deal through parliament in a third "meaningful vote". This might happen in a "run-off" against any successful alternative from Monday's indicative votes.

The government has been discussing with the Speaker, John Bercow, whether there is a way to hold MV3 that would not fall foul of his insistence that the same proposition cannot be put before parliament again.

A Downing Street spokesman highlighted the fact that May's margin of defeat, 58, was smaller than the 149 majority she lost by earlier this month, and the crushing 230-strong defeat in the first meaningful vote in January. "We are at least going in the right direction," the spokesman said.

No 10 sources also pointed out that her deal had won more supporters than any of the eight options considered by MPs in Wednesday's indicative votes, in which the most popular, a customs union, received the backing of 268 MPs.

That last point is disingenuous shite and all, since the cabinet abstained throughout and so did many MPs on individual votes.

Alberon

The fucking hypocrisy is mindblowing.

May can get as many goes as she likes to get the correct result but we can't have a 2nd referendum now we know what the deal is.

Twed

That's the way it works. Acting according to the people's will is always a massive, often decades-long struggle, but the powermongers can act in their limited interests on a whim.

Cuellar

Replies From View

Meaningful Vote 2 and a 1/2 might have failed, but I'm looking forward to Meaningful Vote 33 and and a 1/3 The Final Insult.

Cloud

How many times do we get to say "what an absolute fucking shitshow"?

Blow the fucking lot up.
Legal disclaimer: Not a serious suggestion

Captain Z

Kim Jong Un's looking happy in the bottom right there.