Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:20:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit In Parliament Discussion Thread

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 28, 2019, 08:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

jobotic

I don't think I can. My heart's bursting.

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 30, 2019, 12:46:07 PM
This sums up the centrist love in for the 'principled' and 'thoughtful' Grieve cos he's trying to stop Brexit. Nutty Mark Francois, who is a regarded as an extremist even on the right of the tory party has almost exactly the same shitty voting record as Grieve does -
https://twitter.com/Trickyjabs/status/1111959484535107584

Have you seen Rees-Mogg's voting record? Johnson's? David Davis'?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 30, 2019, 01:04:59 PM
Have you seen Rees-Mogg's voting record? Johnson's? David Davis'?

I don't see Labour, Lib dem, SNP MPs, guardian journalists etc praising Rees Mogg or Davids Davis for their principles and honour.

Howj Begg

It was right to praise David "cunt" Cameron for forcing gay marriage through against the will of his party, it's right to praise Greive and Letwin for this. End of discussion.

jobotic

After all that happened yesterday that's what you're most incensed about.

RDRR

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 30, 2019, 01:14:34 PM

I don't see Labour, Lib dem, SNP MPs, guardian journalists etc praising Rees Mogg or Davids Davis for their principles and honour.

All heroes for Leave though. That means all Quitters love them and everything they've done, right?

biggytitbo

But Grieve isn't principled or honourable is he, he's a multi-millionaire who repeatedly voted to make his own constituents destitute. H's as responsible for the conditions that lead to brexit as much as anyone.

One SNP MP describes him as - "a thoroughly decent man of principle... I admire & respect him", one labour MP says - "I have huge respect for his intellect and decency", one Green MEP - "I entirely share your respect and appreciation for Dominic Grieve", one prominent centrist journo describes him as - "not just a fine MP, he's a national treasure", one FBPEer says - "Dominic Grieve is the sort of Conservative that makes it plausible for people from the centre to vote for the Conservative Party."

I wonder if Tommy Robinson came out for remain they'd be all - "well I don't agree with Tommy Robinson's politics, but he's a principled and honorable man who is trying to do his best for his country."

Paul Calf

biggytitbo

I think it's almost impossible for their not to be an election very soon.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 30, 2019, 01:39:34 PM
But Grieve isn't principled or honourable is he, he's a multi-millionaire who repeatedly voted to make his own constituents destitute. H's as responsible for the conditions that lead to brexit as much as anyone.

Which, let's not forget, you have repeatedly described as A Good Thing in every last one of these Brexit threads.

This situation couldn't be more up your street yet you keep doing a grumpy face about it for some reason.

pancreas

Replies From View

Fabian Thomsett

Quote from: Howj Begg on March 30, 2019, 01:19:39 PM
It was right to praise David "cunt" Cameron for forcing gay marriage through against the will of his party, it's right to praise Greive and Letwin for this. End of discussion.

No, it's not. These people are fucking awful. Really hate this Better Together/ It's Okay to Like Tories Now As Long As They're Against Brexit Remainer bollocks. They're still cunts.

biggytitbo

Can we at least agree on one thing, it'll never stop being funny watching the TIGs endlessly contort from one mind-boggling excuse to another as to why there definitely shouldn't be a general election?

Replies From View

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on March 30, 2019, 01:57:28 PM
Really hate this Better Together/ It's Okay to Like Tories Now As Long As They're Against Brexit Remainer bollocks.

Oh yeah, that famous thing we are all doing now.  You know the words, join in everybody.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on March 30, 2019, 12:58:04 PM
I don't think I can. My heart's bursting.

reduced to tears....please Lord, grant me protection from this horrible process, I beg of thee...so I can gain strength to carry out my policies of social destruction with renewed vigour after it is all over - oh, and I want 24 hour armed protection and a law to ban speaking ill of MPs.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 30, 2019, 01:58:17 PM
Can we at least agree on one thing, it'll never stop being funny watching the TIGs endlessly contort from one mind-boggling excuse to another as to why there definitely shouldn't be a general election?

They'll have to vote for the deal now or else face oblivion.

greencalx

Ha! Looks as though May would have to back a no confidence vote in her own government if she wants to force a general election, as otherwise the 2/3 majority rule will scupper her.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/30/furious-tory-mps-tell-theresa-may-they-will-block-snap-election

Paul Calf

Fuck me. The Tory cunts really have painted us into a fucking corner haven't they?

biggytitbo

I don't think this is true. The most likely result of a general election this is another hung parliament, with both parties losing some degree of support. Labour managing to set themselves up as the anti brexit party dooms them winning outright, the fact is our wonky electoral system favours the tories, and Labour absolutely have to win several marginal seats that are very heavily leave in order win. So the likes of ultra remainer centrists like keir starmer and Tom Watson have totally fucked their chances of outright winning, making some kind of probably unworkable coalition their best chance.

Paul Calf

You voted for this shit, treacle. I'd wind my fucking neck in if I were you.

Mr_Simnock

BlodwynPig

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 30, 2019, 10:16:03 PM
Labour managing to set themselves up as the anti brexit party dooms them winning outright

Which is probably why they've been careful not to do this.

garnish

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 30, 2019, 11:59:44 AM

Well he's number 1 trending topic on twitter. Click his name and you'll see exactly what I mean.

He's a remainer hero because he's trending on Twitter.  Righto.

Quote from: greencalx on March 30, 2019, 09:38:14 PM
Ha! Looks as though May would have to back a no confidence vote in her own government if she wants to force a general election, as otherwise the 2/3 majority rule will scupper her.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/30/furious-tory-mps-tell-theresa-may-they-will-block-snap-election

Is that necessarily true? Surely she can revoke the fixed term act with a normal majority, which might be a more graceful way to climb down. She could give the replacement legislation a patriotic name.