Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:21:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

ELO are fucking great

Started by Custard, March 28, 2019, 07:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

another Mr. Lizard

Quote from: Keebleman on March 28, 2019, 09:00:15 PM
Mr Blue Sky was played over the speakers.  The crowd - 95% under 25 - went nuts, singing along word perfectly.

I'd put a tenner on most of them getting the last line wrong, as almost everyone does.

wosl

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on March 31, 2019, 05:19:14 PMbut he doesn't even play the cello himself, that's what's odd.

A cello's fucking fat use when you're trying to mine a narrow seam.

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: another Mr. Lizard on March 31, 2019, 06:04:58 PM
I'd put a tenner on most of them getting the last line wrong, as almost everyone does.

"Everybody smiles at you"? Do people get that wrong? Am I getting it wrong now?

Bobtoo

Isn't it "please turn me over"?

another Mr. Lizard

Quote from: Bobtoo on April 01, 2019, 06:46:34 AM

Yes. As an instruction to put side four of the vinyl LP on. Often sung as "Mr. Blue Sky" by most of those 'joining in', who then mouth something they've made up over the final two syllables, John Redwood style.

another Mr. Lizard

Made a double post here, which I'll modify instead to give a big shout-out to 'Rockaria!'. That line "yeah we were rockin' at the opera house until the break of light" distills the essence of ELO.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Bobtoo on April 01, 2019, 06:46:34 AM
Quote from: another Mr. Lizard on April 01, 2019, 07:57:39 AM
Yes. As an instruction to put side four of the vinyl LP on. Often sung as "Mr. Blue Sky" by most of those 'joining in', who then mouth something they've made up over the final two syllables, John Redwood style.

😮😮😮 one for the Fuck my hat thread. Shall have to listen to it now

Quote from: another Mr. Lizard on April 01, 2019, 07:58:20 AM
Made a double post here, which I'll modify instead to give a big shout-out to 'Rockaria!'

Remember Top of the Pops, when they had that big woman with the viking helmet and gold plaits singing the operatic opening to that from a balcony?