Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:47:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinge UK - New Centrist Party [split topic]

Started by jobotic, March 29, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

biggytitbo

I did try to find it on his feed (it's not there) but thought he might have deleted it. He hasn't deleted any of his other tweets lambasting the lib dems though so i think you're right.

biggytitbo

They're just revealing the silly man at some Lib Dem event now, and he cracked a lovely little joke about how unprincipled he is.

biggytitbo

He's saying now that yes the Lib Dems did those bad things a few years ago that I tweeted about, but they're great now.

And the lib dems abhor the antisemitism in the labour party obviously.

Fambo Number Mive

I know it gets the Lib Dems one more MP but it does make them look.a bit silly. Lots of Lib Dem tweeters 're happy with it though.

Sebastian Cobb

The Lib Dems would've gained more respect if they told him to get bent I reckon.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 14, 2019, 02:08:10 PM
I know it gets the Lib Dems one more MP but it does make them look.a bit silly. Lots of Lib Dem tweeters 're happy with it though.

Maybe it's all a big prank and his constituency office will nominate someone else for the next election. "Thanks for the seat, mate. Very useful. Now piss off."

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 14, 2019, 02:15:28 PM
The Lib Dems would've gained more respect if they told him to get bent I reckon.

I dunno, there's people defending this because it was six years ago:

I could understand it if the Lib Dems had changed at all since then, but Cable has only recently defended their record with the Con Dem government. Fuck the Lib Dems and their opportunism over brexit. Chuka will fit right in. At least Labour are a different party from when Blair was in charge, as he has helpfully testified himself.

Leo2112

Looks pretty likely from this comment that there's been some agreement behind the scenes to parachute him into a safer Lib Dem seat in the next election

QuoteIt is unclear whether Umunna hopes to fight for his Streatham seat at the next election, or has been offered an alternative. He told the Times: "I'm a Streatham boy, born and bred, and I'm absolutely committed to the constituency," but added that where he stands at the next election is a "discussion that needs to be had".

Paul Calf

Chukka quickly establishing himself as the least trustworthy politician in the LIBERAL DEMOCRATS.

Crabwalk

Wouldn't be surprised if Ed Davey and Jo Swinton's hair started falling out.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Crabwalk on June 14, 2019, 02:57:49 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Ed Davey and Jo Swinton's hair started falling out.

Jo Swinson earlier:

Gerald Fjord

can i just say what a rare treat this saga has been in an unrelenting sea of shite.

NoSleep

greencalx

I have a feeling the thousands of "welcome aboard" replies to CUs tweet were part of an orchestrated campaign.

Fambo Number Mive

Chuka says he will not be moving parties again. He says he's found his "home" in the Liberal Democrats as the party is "absolutely in tune" with his values.

All these #fbpe types defending him for not calling a by-election, if a Tory MP defected to the Brexit Party they'd all be calling for by-elections.

Fambo Number Mive

Matt Forde defends Umunna: https://twitter.com/mattforde/status/1139491833967513600

According to Wikipedia Umunna is now the Lib Dem Treasury and Business Spokesman

Fambo Number Mive

This is how Umunna reacted the last time a Change UK member defected to the Lib Dems

QuoteThe pro-remain Change UK party has suffered an embarrassing setback in Scotland after its lead candidate in the European elections urged voters to back the Liberal Democrats.

David Macdonald, an independent councillor in East Renfrewshire, said pro-remain voters who also opposed Scottish independence should back the Lib Dems in next week's vote. He said he would stand down as Change UK's top candidate...
Chuka Umunna, Change UK's spokesman, said the party was making headway in other parts of the UK and Macdonald's decision was regrettable.

"He has let down his fellow candidates and activists," Umunna said. "But we are focusing all our efforts on adding to the remain vote in the UK and challenging the pro-Brexit Tory, Brexit and Labour parties."...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/15/change-uk-in-scottish-setback-as-candidate-backs-lib-dems

NoSleep

Quote from: greencalx on June 14, 2019, 04:56:33 PM
I have a feeling the thousands of "welcome aboard" replies to CUs tweet were part of an orchestrated campaign.

Sadder if it isn't.

idunnosomename

He might not have made that #chukapromise but has now said this

'This is the party I'll be a member of until the day I die'

https://www.businessinsider.com/chuka-umunna-interview-on-lib-dem-switch-change-uk-brexit-2019-6?r=US&IR=T

Next week: Chuka fakes his own death so he can join the Auld Whigs 4 Change

phantom_power

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 14, 2019, 07:59:55 PM
Matt Forde defends Umunna: https://twitter.com/mattforde/status/1139491833967513600

According to Wikipedia Umunna is now the Lib Dem Treasury and Business Spokesman

Progressive? Ha!

NoSleep

idunnosomename

funny isn't it, all this new party did was moderately raise Chuka's profile, it has almost completely destroyed Soubry's brand as "the good Tory for Europe", and also doomed another bunch of non-entities to losing their seats if we ever have another GE

it's about the only bit of enjoyable news all year, really

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 18, 2019, 12:24:26 PM
funny isn't it, all this new party did was moderately raise Chuka's profile, it has almost completely destroyed Soubry's brand as "the good Tory for Europe", and also doomed another bunch of non-entities to losing their seats if we ever have another GE

it's about the only bit of enjoyable news all year, really

It'll only be enjoyable when they are Portilloed.

Alberon

Those five that are left, I've forgotten the name they have today, are keeping quiet.

Has anyone been round to theirs to check they haven't committed (not so) mass suicide?