Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:59:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinge UK - New Centrist Party [split topic]

Started by jobotic, March 29, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Ranting against your ex on twitter. Oh dear.

BlodwynPig

Been invited to this event (sensors in the water industry) - a chance to milkshake* an (ex?)tinge

*Jo Brand: sewage sludge

Quote26 Sept: Angela Smith MP for Penistone and Stocksbridge and member of the All Party Parliamentary Water Group

Sebastian Cobb

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 19, 2019, 10:34:21 AM
Been invited to this event (sensors in the water industry) - a chance to milkshake* an (ex?)tinge

Cool. Make her go a funny tinge by asking her about water privatisation.

https://twitter.com/ayocaesar/status/1097509765142450176?lang=en

biggytitbo

Amazing collection of words -

Can't wait to see Chuka defend what a great idea it is allying himself with Labour. CUK confirms what we thought that they'd rather have a tory government than a labour one.

olliebean

Luciana Berger is apparently being lined up to stand for the Lib Dems in my constituency - a marginal with LD in a very distant third place. Any boost they get because of this in the next GE is just going to take votes from Labour and increase the chance of the current Tory MP keeping his seat.

NoSleep

Quote from: olliebean on June 20, 2019, 04:07:04 PM
Luciana Berger is apparently being lined up to stand for the Lib Dems in my constituency - a marginal with LD in a very distant third place. Any boost they get because of this in the next GE is just going to take votes from Labour and increase the chance of the current Tory MP keeping his seat.

Sounds like something the LD would want.

Jockice

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 20, 2019, 03:55:59 PM
Amazing collection of words -

Can't wait to see Chuka defend what a great idea it is allying himself with Labour. CUK confirms what we thought that they'd rather have a tory government than a labour one.

He was on Politics Live this lunchtime, having a nice chummy chat with Andrew Neil. And then there was a link to a Labour activist and you'll never guess what happened...

pancreas

Neil vs Chuka is a good watch. Only videos I could find were on express website.

Jockice

Quote from: gib on June 20, 2019, 11:41:35 PM
Thanks, I needed a laugh.

He really does think that he won the majority of his votes due to his own charisma, doesn't he? Silly man!

Fambo Number Mive

"We need to change politics" is such a vapid slogan as it doesn't say how or what needs to be changed. Chuka and Change UK keep using it but it means nothing.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 23, 2019, 11:36:19 AM
"We need to change politics" is such a vapid slogan as it doesn't say how or what needs to be changed. Chuka and Change UK keep using it but it means nothing.

"Politics is broken" too. So fucking childish.

Fambo Number Mive

If politics is "broken" for ordinary people, Change UK aren't "repairing it". They are helping to "break" it with their one policy and vapid slogans.

I think Chuka will make the Lib Dems less policy-focused.

BlodwynPig

Dinner is broken, why put up with the endless cycle of cooking, eating and washing up? Here at Change Cuisine UK we've developed a smart pill with all your nutritional needs at only quintuple the cost of your standard 8 course banquet, but with none of the hassle, freeing you up to get on with your life at the forefront of social media

Disclaimer: you may be at a higher risk of collapsing and dying but we ate legally immune from prosecution

Fambo Number Mive

New band formed: https://twitter.com/IndTogether/status/1148738661296594945

With a new logo.

Values include "Holders of public office should be truthful and honest" and "There is work to be done to bring about a shift in politics"

Not a party but a "co-operative of independent politicians working with you to find new ways forward in politics"

QuoteWe are not forming a party that you can join. But if you are independent-minded too, then you can join our network. We really need your support. Let's partner together to find new ways forward in politics and in this country.

Fambo Number Mive

BlodwynPig

If they want to be positively inclusive, the brace needs to be on the left (an open set)

idunnosomename

I see their policy seems to be essentially a closed curly bracket

idunnosomename

John Woodcock should be MP for Penistone

Blumf

Ah, I see it...

They're faces! The scummy majority are facing left, but the super smart and sensible ones are facing right.

So, you have...

Integrity: Standing alone
Respect: A gammony pink right winger telling a left winger to get stuffed
Leadership: The eventual full membership of the group, led by gammons, goose stepping rightwards
Openness: Gammon lying face down after hitting the claret too hard

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 10, 2019, 09:41:10 AM
I see their policy seems to be essentially a closed curly bracket

Or perhaps they are pro-moustache and that will be the theme of their policies.

imitationleather

Oh man. That's another chapter of the forthcoming most hilarious politics book of the decade sorted, then.

Neville Chamberlain

We can't be too hard on the Tigs/Tinges/Changers/Independents/whatever - after all, in amongst all the darkness and gloom, they've provided us with some of the biggest political laughs and pratfalls in recent times!

Josef K

How long until legal action from The Independent forces them to change their name to The Independent Group for Independence?

Ferris

Quote from: Josef K on July 10, 2019, 11:03:36 AM
How long until legal action from The Independent forces them to change their name to The Independent Group for Independence?

...before having to change it again due to the Scottish indy vote in 2020

I am such a fan of all this. A group of non-entities so vapid they think "rebrand" is the answer, even if the previous 3 (4?) haven't worked. Sub-Thick of it.

imitationleather

Given that if The Thick of It had continued into this political era it'd probably be some lame shit about a Corbyn-type being all confused and insisting on watching everything on a Betamax I say that this real version of politics is a lot funnier and better crafted than anything Iannucci would have managed to write.