Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:53:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinge UK - New Centrist Party [split topic]

Started by jobotic, March 29, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencalx

There is a whole series of people starting to look young that make you feel old. I think it goes something like this:

Police officers > Teachers > Doctors > Chuka Umunna > Despot dictators > University professors

PowerButchi

Quote from: greencalx on April 09, 2019, 04:02:40 PM
In 1992, Chuka Umunna was fourteen. F-f-f-fourteen.

I have a VHS of Guns and Roses doing a gig followed by an episode of SHOWTIME AT THE APOLLO from Channel 4 recorded in late 92.

Sixty quid

Blumf

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on April 09, 2019, 04:37:37 PM
Fucking hell. I had no idea chukka was younger than me (by a whisker). Well now I'm really depressed.

Don't be, it's not too late. If you put in some effort, you too can become a pointless divisive cunt.

Remember, you're never to old to be a quisling bastard.

Paul Calf

Fucking hell. He's younger than my little sister too.

I'm off to shop for walking frames.

colacentral

Remember when tomatoes tasted different? Blander. And you'd have them with spam. That's what Labour wants now.

"Bring back plain tasting tomatoes." - Jeremy Corbyn last week.

Chinge is committed to keeping your tomatoes tasting tomatoey.

Quote from: PowerButchi on April 10, 2019, 04:42:37 AM
I have a VHS of Guns and Roses doing a gig followed by an episode of SHOWTIME AT THE APOLLO from Channel 4 recorded in late 92.

Sixty quid

I may have the same recording. Was the GNR gig introduced by a sexy gothic vamp woman?

I remember Axl Rose wearing tight leather trousers and at one point I'm sure he performs a can-can.

idunnosomename

https://twitter.com/MikeGapes/status/1116229669324562432

Mike Gapes keeping up his warmonger profile now that the supermassive black hole threatens to surpass his impressive rectal stretch

Fambo Number Mive

I wonder who they will select as their MEP candidates. Probably at least one famous person.

Cuellar

Someone on one of my whatsapp groups said they were standing as a TINGE candidate, and I'm not 100% sure they were joking.

Replies From View

Quote from: Cuellar on April 11, 2019, 04:14:39 PM
Someone on one of my whatsapp groups said they were standing as a TINGE candidate, and I'm not 100% sure they were joking.

Is there some way you could find out?  It's important to purge them ASAP if they weren't.

Ferris

BlodwynPig

kalowski

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 13, 2019, 06:19:50 PM
Ha ha ha hee hee hee

I'm mike gapes and you can't catch me

https://twitter.com/MikeGapes/status/1116473465245188097?s=19
Nice reply:
QuoteMike, I have now left the Labour Party and I have taken my respectability with me. The absolute nerve of these trolls telling me to f . off and join the @TheIndGroup just because I prefer a Tory government.

hummingofevil

Aren't all these opinion polls going to be absolute bollocks as they not weighted by the number of candidates standing. The Brexit Party and Independent Group might have 10% of opinion polls but no way would that translate to 10% of seats, far from it.

I suppose it was ever thus but as political parties splinter could end up with an increasingly unrepresentative system (which we have already I suppose)

king_tubby

Quote from: hummingofevil on April 13, 2019, 09:07:40 PM
Aren't all these opinion polls going to be absolute bollocks as they not weighted by the number of candidates standing. The Brexit Party and Independent Group might have 10% of opinion polls but no way would that translate to 10% of seats, far from it.

Of course it's complete bollocks. TIG only have twelve candidates at present, so 1% of total votes is actually enough to earn each of them a healthy landslide. Obviously that's not going to happen, but I don't see how we can read anything into these results when the campaigns haven't even been launched yet.

greencalx

I think the polling is conducted under the assumption that candidates will stand in all constituencies. Which will be fun if that actually happens.

Fambo Number Mive

Former Tory health secretary Stephen Dorrell now supports Change UK. The Guardian claim he is interested in standing as a candidate for Change UK in the European elections.

They also claim that former Tory MP Neil Carmichael has also left the Tory party and wants to stand for Change UK in the European elections.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 14, 2019, 04:20:52 PM
Nancy Pelosi meets with three Change UK MPs: https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/1117395599685558273

Quotestanding unequivocally against anti-Semitism wherever it is found.

Narrative Narrative Narrative

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe Electoral Commission has approved The Independent Group's application to register as a political party.

The group - made up of 11 former Labour and Tory MPs who quit their parties in February - will become Change UK.

The approval means they can put forward candidates in the European elections due to take place on 23 May - if the UK has not left the EU by then.

But the Commission rejected the party's logo, saying it was "likely to mislead voters"...

The Commission - which is responsible for overseeing elections in the UK - rejected the group's proposed emblem, however, which was a black square with white writing, saying: "TIG #Change."

A spokeswoman from the Commission said: "The emblem contained a hashtag, and we cannot assess the material linked to a hashtag, which will change over time, against the legal tests.

"The emblem also contained the acronym TIG, which we were not satisfied was sufficiently well known."

Change UK have yet to say whether they have submitted a new logo.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47949665

What logo would you suggest?

Cuellar

king_tubby

Nice of them to give Soubry's husband and Leslie's wife jobs.

Replies From View

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 16, 2019, 02:16:42 PM
What logo would you suggest?

A middle finger from them to everyone who votes for them.

Fambo Number Mive

Might be interesting - compares the branding success of Change UK and The Brexit Party: https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1117057339734089728

Fambo Number Mive

Perhaps Change UK could use the blank space where their logo would have been on the ballot paper to write their policies.

Blumf