Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:31:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinge UK - New Centrist Party [split topic]

Started by jobotic, March 29, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Documentary on Radio 4 at 11 this morning about the rormation of Change UK. Should at least be funnier than Radio 4's comedy output.

ajsmith2

Every time I hear the name 'Change UK' I  keep imagining that their theme song should be 'A Change Would Do You Good' by Sheryl Crow. An alternative-'tinged' MOR pop rock single that was released in June 1997 just after Blair came in (and was inescapably playlisted to fuck for several years after on Virgin radio ) so appropriate for the era and vibe they're vainly trying to resurrect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikjmz_SlGhg

phantom_power

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 09, 2019, 10:04:21 AM
Documentary on Radio 4 at 11 this morning about the rormation of Change UK.

Is it presented by Scooby Doo?

Cardenio I

- What do we want?!

- Change UK!

- When do we want it?!

- Hyphen The Independent Group!

NoSleep

idunnosomename

bunch of talentless egotists improvised a publicity stunt and made a fucking hash of it

holyzombiejesus

They put so much effort in to it, like my little boy straining on his potty.

NoSleep

idunnosomename

it was very funny to hear Soubry say how disappointed she was in Ummuna. "he'd have made a great prime minister" - what, if he wasn't such a terrible, unprincipled politician?

NoSleep

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 09, 2019, 12:07:09 PM
it was very funny to hear Soubry say how disappointed she was in Ummuna. "he'd have made a great prime minister" - what, if he wasn't such a terrible, unprincipled politician?

That hasn't been a handicap for several PM's to date. Umunna is too insipid an individual to be a contender.

Kelvin

Cardenio I

Soubry clearly had a massive crush on Chuka. This fact is quite funny.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cardenio I on September 09, 2019, 01:03:36 PM

Lasses* love trying to change a bloke

*apparently

Alberon

Christ, the Lib Dems really will take anyone (meaning the latest defection to them. I didn't realise there was another page).

Meanwhile I've just had a look at the Change UK The Independent Group for Change's website. They've clearly given up as the last news item was from the end of July.

Ferris

Quote from: Alberon on September 09, 2019, 05:48:01 PM
Christ, the Lib Dems really will take anyone.

Meanwhile I've just had a look at the Change UK The Independent Group for Change's website. They've clearly given up as the last news item was from the end of July.

Any of them with an iota of sense has jumped ship to the Lib Dems for all the good it will do them. Most of them will just be deselected and cast into the former-MP abyss (of high paid consulting roles for NGOs and large businesses).

kalowski

Alberon

Brilliant! He's sure to have learnt from all of CUK's mistakes and there's absolutely no way this can go horribly wrong.

idunnosomename

i thought the centrist party shit was dead after this embarrassing charade

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cardenio I on September 09, 2019, 01:03:36 PM

Soubry Do.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Another button undone on old Night In The Cells Stewart, at this rate he'll be campaigning topless when the election rolls round.

imitationleather

phantom_power

Cunt's already joined my book club and I only started it last week

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on September 28, 2019, 10:08:44 PM
How long until Chuka Umunna joins?

Chortle. Putting on their top hats, hoovering up their white lines, brushing off their fails

Ferris

greencalx

Interesting. I had previously understood Stewart was more keen than most to return to the Tory fold once the dust had settled.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Wasn't one of the problems that none of them agree about a single thing outside of maintaining the economic status quo?

Rory is simply too dorky anyway. He would be better served fucking off to Afghanistan again to do the square root of piss all.