Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:04:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinge UK - New Centrist Party [split topic]

Started by jobotic, March 29, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

Quote from: greencalx on September 29, 2019, 07:41:22 AM
Interesting. I had previously understood Stewart was more keen than most to return to the Tory fold once the dust had settled.

I think Cummings is determined not to let them back in.

Dr Rock

'Dust has settled' = Boris & Cummings GONE

Ferris

You have to be a special kind of clueless to look at the smoking wreckage of Change The Independent Group for UK on one side, then turn your head and see France burning under Macron and his -30% net approval rate and say "yes, but combined this time"

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteIts being reported that Stephen Dorrell, the health secretary under former Prime Minister Sir John Major, has defected from Change UK to the Liberal Democrats

He says "Labour and the Tories are dying and the Liberal Democrats are the future for Britain".

https://twitter.com/lbcbreaking/status/1180569541253967872

Another former Tory in the Lib Dems

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Dorrell

Quote...In December 2014, Dorrell was criticised for alleged conflict of interest when it became clear that he would be working both as an MP and KPMG consultant for six months until the election, and that KPMG were considering bidding for a £1 billion NHS contract. Pointing out that Dorrell had previously admitted the two roles were incompatible, Dr Clive Peedell, co-leader of the National Health Action Party, called for him to resign from one of the posts. Dorrell responded saying no issues were raised as he was not seeking re-election.

In January 2015, a group of six pensioners, who called at Dorrell's offices in Thurmaston to hand in a 2,286 signature petition calling on him to resign, were told they were trespassing and the police would be called. Hanif Asmal, Chairman of Charnwood Conservative Association claimed police were called as the group didn't have an appointment...

Replies From View

What will make this up-and-coming Liberal Democrats Party seem incredibly virile and sexy is having a bundle of grey Tories from the John Major years stacking into it.  Highly good.