Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:35:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinge UK - New Centrist Party [split topic]

Started by jobotic, March 29, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith2

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 29, 2019, 03:53:05 PM

NO MORE EU
MORE STELLA ARTOIS!

Stella hailing from the same country that the de facto EU capital is in of course.

daf

Blumf

Can anybody deny rumours that a TingeChange UK party member lost the cheeky Nandos receipt too the meeting where they decided on the new name?

If they get much more support they're bound to spoil that broth.

Replies From View

I mean just fucking call yourselves the Lib Dems then.  It's all you ever were.  "A vote for us cunts guarantees getting the Tories in power should a coalition agreement help to boost their figures:  CHANGE FOR YOU THERE, SHORT CHANGED WE MEAN, LOLOLOL!!"

Do they have to contest their seats in by-elections yet?

idunnosomename

god i look at that pic of BBFs chuka and soubry there and I somehow hate them deeply in a way that I don't really the ERG. I mean maybe some tories are actually ok to talk with if you don't do politics. like hobbies and things. these are just two self-absorbed cunts who care about nothing but themselves, and cause nothing but harm to help tories do horrible things to our society as well as like, listening to string quartets and reading about ancient rome or whatever

Twed

Why do annoying people always look annoying visually

What a surprise. When the dust settles, the only real change to the landscape will be that the Lib Dems will find themselves to be the new party for bloodthirsty war cunts. Still, can't imagine they've got any members left who care.

Cloud

I wonder if the Lib Dems have considered changing their name to "filler", "padding" or the like

Replies From View

Quote from: Twed on March 30, 2019, 03:43:48 PM
Why do annoying people always look annoying visually

Because smugness carries over into still photographs and also video documentations.

pancreas

Ministry of Peace
Ministry of Truth
Ministry of Plenty
Ministry of Love
Ministry of Change

thenoise

'Centrist Dads' has a nice ring to it, but I guess they don't wanna put off the all important female vote.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: thenoise on March 30, 2019, 06:49:39 PM
'Centrist Dads' has a nice ring to it, but I guess they don't wanna put off the all important female vote.

Centrist Bros and Hos.

thenoise

Centrist bros hos and don't knows - to include the all important transsexual vote

kalowski

The Tinge Tinges

They call me "Gape"
They call me "Coffey"
They call me "Gav"
They call me "Jone"
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name
They call me "Luciana"
But I'm a like Chukka & Soubry
Always the same
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name

biggytitbo

It's very interesting the technique they are going for. Rather than spin or exaggeration they have resorted to the goebels style big lie, whereby a party whose entire existence is designed to preserve the status quo and or prevent change calls themselves Change UK. Very audacious, I can't wait to see it tested at an election.

greenman

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 30, 2019, 08:41:35 PM
It's very interesting the technique they are going for. Rather than spin or exaggeration they have resorted to the goebels style big lie, whereby a party whose entire existence is designed to preserve the status quo and or prevent change calls themselves Change UK. Very audacious, I can't wait to see it tested at an election.

I suspect partly driven by how badly things have gone so far, any hope that Chukka would stand out as a statesmanlike neo Blair has floundered on the reality of him coming across as priggish schoolboy whilst the others are just hopeless.

Right now I think its just a constant fight against the inevitable slide into irrelevance, living day to day rather than any grand plan.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Lib Dems would be doing the Tinge a huge favour in some seats if they are agreeing not to stand.

I bet quite a few Lib Dem voters wouldn't be thrilled by the prospect of having to suddenly vote for Mike Gapes or Anna Soubry.

This is all a very slow quiet way of conceding that the Lib Dems are electoral poison, and so unable to revive bland pro-business centrism. The Lib Dems don't love war enough either - big fault.

Phil_A

There was what effectively what amounted to an uncritical puff piece for Heidi Allen on the BBC News the other night, trying to spin it so it looked like her constituents were perfectly happy to no longer be supporting the party they voted for.

At one point Allen, with frankly outrageous disingenuity, tried to claim "People vote for individual politicians, not parties." Oh, do they. Do they really. Willing to test that out at a bi-election, then?

NoSleep

Quote from: Phil_A on March 31, 2019, 10:09:37 AMAt one point Allen, with frankly outrageous disingenuity, tried to claim "People vote for individual politicians, not parties." Oh, do they. Do they really. Willing to test that out at a bi-election, then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtkKzoISoBM

idunnosomename

Quote from: Phil_A on March 31, 2019, 10:09:37 AM
There was what effectively what amounted to an uncritical puff piece for Heidi Allen on the BBC News the other night, trying to spin it so it looked like her constituents were perfectly happy to no longer be supporting the party they voted for.

At one point Allen, with frankly outrageous disingenuity, tried to claim "People vote for individual politicians, not parties." Oh, do they. Do they really. Willing to test that out at a bi-election, then?
as someone who lived in vauxhall constituency last election, i can confirm this is not true. I voted for labour, not skeletor

Fambo Number Mive

Have the Independent Group ever called out Cameron for being responsible for all this in the first place?

idunnosomename

oooh will they be adding the titan NICK BOLES to the Independent Group of sensible, moderates who are going to fix our broken politics

idunnosomename

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 02, 2019, 08:39:03 AM
Have the Independent Group ever called out Cameron for being responsible for all this in the first place?
He's a sensible man, a great brain, a true moderate, and he's very welcome to join the Independent Group

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The correct term, is Chinge UK

Cursus

A new website for all you Cuk fans out there:

https://www.changepolitics.org.uk

QuoteChange Politics is an exciting new political platform offering news, views and discussion about The Independent Group. Its readers and contributors come from across the movement and range from grassroots activists and councillors to MP's.

Let's have a look at some of the "exciting" views they have to offer:

QuoteLabels feel good. They're a shorthand for the values that we hold and the associations that we make. If you are Labour (until the day I die!), you are unlikely to look for friends in a Surrey golf club. If you are a true blue Tory, you probably won't be swiping right in a working man's caf. You may never meet, talk to or fall in love with someone who doesn't share your affiliation. The time and personal history attached to those labels keeps us apart.

I have lots of labels that I'm rather attached to. I am a wife of,.... mother to.....British, Jewish, naturally curly haired. I have been New Labour whilst rocking my first born to the rhythm of 'education, education, education'. I have supported the One Nation Conservatism that brought us the Olympics, equal marriage and a vision of Boden-clad Britain. I have discovered that I am unusual but hardly unique in my political promiscuity. I am a floating voter who is now drowning.

QuoteWe have reached a point where both parties are indulging in nostalgia. Labour has dropped the New as their zealots continue to claim the moral high ground by shoving people like me to the edge of the cliff. The party of the working class is harking back to a miserable time of Spam fritters and tomatoes that taste of wet whilst selling it as nobility.The Tories are now in thrall to the animated Punch cartoon of the ERG. It's all three-martinis-at-lunch noses and shuttered car plants for the party of business. Why would anybody join their gangs?

Something new and truly radical is happening with the birth of The Independent Group. It will be the catalyst for a long, hard look at ourselves as an electorate. The very fact that MPs of different political traditions can be trusted to meet in a restaurant with access to metal cutlery was a social media sensation.They have taken a real risk stepping out of their tribes and looking for solutions to pressing issues that don't conform to the dogma of their former parties.The shock to our moribund system of reasonable adults behaving reasonably should and must be an inflection point.

Fambo Number Mive

The Independent Group is for voters who, if it wasn't for Brexit and climate change, would be fine with what the Tories are doing.

dr beat

I had to go and check that piece wasn't a parody. Seems quite a bit of electorate-blaming in it too.