Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:57:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinge UK - New Centrist Party [split topic]

Started by jobotic, March 29, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteThe shock to our moribund system of reasonable adults behaving reasonably should and must be an inflection point

Did Tinge bring the government down in the no confidence vote? Oh wait, no, the Tories vote for the Government.

Blumf

Quote from: Cursus on April 04, 2019, 05:51:58 PM
A new website for all you Cuk fans out there:

https://www.changepolitics.org.uk

Humm... "Change Politics"... CP.... oh dear.

The memes are weak with these ones

petril

Quote from: Cursus on April 04, 2019, 05:51:58 PM
A new website for all you Cuk fans out there:

https://www.changepolitics.org.uk

Let's have a look at some of the "exciting" views they have to offer:

are they still in beta at the moment?

phantom_power

Zenzible policies for zenzible people, isn't that right mother

BlodwynPig

Quote from: phantom_power on April 04, 2019, 07:33:24 PM
Zenzible policies for zenzible people, isn't that right mother

curly haired jewish floating voter mother

phantom_power

That stuff quoted above could have been from an Alan Partridge monologue. Swiping right in a working man's caf? Fucking hell, talk about tone deaf

greencalx

Since an inflection point is where the rate of growth starts to decrease, the sky is clearly not the limit.

But fuck me. Metal cutlery?

Cloud

If they have an alliance or merger with the Lib Dems, do they then become the Liberal CUKs?

ZoyzaSorris

'Change United Kingdom Organisation of Liberal Democrats ' - CUKOLDs

petril

Quote from: Cloud on April 05, 2019, 11:40:28 AM
If they have an alliance or merger with the Lib Dems, do they then become the Liberal CUKs?

we get the SDP back, but angry

boki

Quote from: Cloud on April 05, 2019, 11:40:28 AM
Change-Liberal Union for Nice Guys Everywhere

Noonling

QuoteThe very fact that MPs of different political traditions can be trusted to meet in a restaurant with access to metal cutlery was a social media sensation.

Is the implication here that these MPs managed to not literally stab each other? That doesn't seem like a very high bar to set.

Cuellar

NoSleep

Quote from: Noonling on April 05, 2019, 04:12:55 PM
Is the implication here that these MPs managed to not literally stab each other? That doesn't seem like a very high bar to set.

Depends whether they stab each other in the back or the front, according to Jess Philips.

Mister Six

Quote from: Noonling on April 05, 2019, 04:12:55 PM

Have you seen the state of British politics lately?

BlodwynPig

Life's Work:

1. Social Media Sensation (A few days).

BlodwynPig

Hey, Punk!

Absolutely hate these cunts, fucking dirty evil bastards. They have nothing behind their flesh, they're capital's familiars hoping to get a drop of blood themselves, fuck off.

greencalx

Apparently hundreds of people are champing at the bit to stand as candidates (quite possibly for the potentially-upcoming European elections) for this outfit. I'm hoping an all-round lack of political experience will make this compulsive viewing.

garnish

Looking forward for any unpalatable views held by these candidates to make front page of the Guardian.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: greencalx on April 07, 2019, 10:53:09 AM
Apparently hundreds of people are champing at the bit to stand as candidates (quite possibly for the potentially-upcoming European elections) for this outfit. I'm hoping an all-round lack of political experience will make this compulsive viewing.

Should be interesting given we still don't know most of the politics of the Independent Group.

greencalx

Oh let me have a go.

People are fed up with the old way of doing things, and the old divisions of left and right no longer work for us any more. We're prepared to tear up all the rules of politics and take the bold and fresh approach that none of the leaders of the old parties are capable of. We're modern, digital, cyberpunk [Have I got this right, Chuka?] in a way that people who believe in things could never imagine. And how, you ask, are we going to effect this paradigm shift? Our magic formula is very simple: we propose to Change nothing about the UK at all.

dr beat

Apart from bringing back National Service ;)

With that one, I'm surprised they haven't reached out to Nigel Farage.

canadagoose

Quote from: greencalx on April 07, 2019, 06:25:35 PM
Oh let me have a go.

People are fed up with the old way of doing things, and the old divisions of left and right no longer work for us any more. We're prepared to tear up all the rules of politics and take the bold and fresh approach that none of the leaders of the old parties are capable of. We're modern, digital, cyberpunk [Have I got this right, Chuka?] in a way that people who believe in things could never imagine. And how, you ask, are we going to effect this paradigm shift? Our magic formula is very simple: we propose to Change nothing about the UK at all.
They'll be on the phone in the morning giving you a job. It's amazing how vapid and empty all their rhetoric is, and yet some people just love it...

Captain Z

They should just promise to hold a referendum where the question is:

"I wish everything could go back to the way it was in ____."

And the most popular year wins.

canadagoose

Quote from: Captain Z on April 07, 2019, 08:15:35 PM

They'll have a fit if it's not 1997.

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Z on April 07, 2019, 08:15:35 PM

What was the year Katie Hill was on Blue Peter? If it was '96, then I say we go back to that. England did alright in the Euros that year and all.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 09, 2019, 01:01:38 AM
What was the year Katie Hill was on Blue Peter? If it was '96, then I say we go back to that. England did alright in the Euros that year and all.

F   24 March 1996   Leeds United   N   3-0   77,065   Milošević 21', Taylor 55', Yorke 90'