Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:50:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinge UK - New Centrist Party [split topic]

Started by jobotic, March 29, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerald Fjord

Don't really get the reactions to the NS article - the point they're making is that TINGE UK THE INDEPENDENT CHANGE are so utterly shit and have so spectacularly failed at every turn that 5% would constitute a good showing for them.

gib

Quote from: finnquark on May 13, 2019, 06:49:57 PM
What is everyone's favourite detail? Mine is the small Union Jack by the front door.

The large logo at the back that just looks like part of the bus.

canadagoose

Quote from: finnquark on May 13, 2019, 06:47:04 PM

Laughable Livery have done a fine job here.
They have got to be some kind of extended-run parody at this point. I mean, seriously. Everything about them is just so fucking ridiculously shit.

greencalx

Quote from: gib on May 13, 2019, 07:17:44 PM

I didn't notice that till you pointed it out. Doesn't help that there's a fat black border around the door.

The font is too large as well.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: canadagoose on May 13, 2019, 07:30:16 PM
They have got to be some kind of extended-run parody at this point. I mean, seriously. Everything about them is just so fucking ridiculously shit.

to be fair, all political megabuses are laughably cringe worthy

Buelligan

Quote from: gib on May 13, 2019, 07:17:44 PM

Yep, I agree.  Abysmal.  They haven't even got a good lie.

BlodwynPig

chveik

BlodwynPig

Allen and Chukka "you talking to me" Umanna look completely boggle-eyed reading their lines.

Replies From View

Is it possible they're intentionally trying to come across as ramshackle and handmade in order to seem less polished than the bigger parties?  They probably don't want to draw attention to the fact they are funded by wealthy donors.

The more of a laughing stock they appear at this stage, the greater the story will be when they suddenly pull themselves together for a general election too.

chveik

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on May 13, 2019, 07:15:38 PM
Don't really get the reactions to the NS article - the point they're making is that TINGE UK THE INDEPENDENT CHANGE are so utterly shit and have so spectacularly failed at every turn that 5% would constitute a good showing for them.

great avatar choice!

Howj Begg

Quote from: chveik on May 13, 2019, 07:51:15 PM
great avatar choice!

I just read Sentimental Education, and have been wanting to praise your avatar for weeks now, so this seems like the right moment.

NoSleep

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on May 13, 2019, 07:15:38 PM

It wasn't the link to the NS article but the amazingly shite Guardian article that used it as a source that was originally quoted.

chveik

Quote from: Howj Begg on May 13, 2019, 08:01:34 PM
I just read Sentimental Education, and have been wanting to praise your avatar for weeks now, so this seems like the right moment.

thanks! it's a wonderful book

Howj Begg

Quote from: chveik on May 13, 2019, 08:13:31 PM
thanks! it's a wonderful book

Tis. I was so inspired by it I wrote a long review on goodreads. It even has kind of tangential relevance to this thread, as the centrists ultimately win by cheating everybody else and finessing their route in middle class and upper class societies simultaneously, and money wins the day... anyway, back to regularly scheduled thread.

Replies From View

It ends with a man jumping off a bridge though which is weird

Alberon

Quote from: Replies From View on May 13, 2019, 08:24:08 PM
It ends with a man jumping off a bridge though which is weird

What? Change UK?

I could believe that.

biggytitbo

The only surprising thing about that inept Change UK bus design is its in Arial and not Comic Sans.

gib

Quote from: Replies From View on May 13, 2019, 07:49:48 PM
Is it possible they're intentionally trying to come across as ramshackle and handmade in order to seem less polished than the bigger parties?  They probably don't want to draw attention to the fact they are funded by wealthy donors.

The more of a laughing stock they appear at this stage, the greater the story will be when they suddenly pull themselves together for a general election too.

Never ascribe something to evil conniving when it can be just as easily explained by plain old stupidity, to mangle a quote.

gib

Quote from: chveik on May 13, 2019, 07:45:24 PM
welcome to shlug world

They've painted their logo all over the road, the sods.

TrenterPercenter

Chris Leslie was on the radio earlier sounding quite desperate and frenetic.  There was a bit of positioning over the weekend by Blair, echoed by Leslie, that any Labour move to back a second ref is because of them.

Anyway it sounded terrible, I actually felt a pang of sympathy.

Paul Calf

Quote from: finnquark on May 13, 2019, 06:49:57 PM
What is everyone's favourite detail? Mine is the small Union Jack by the front door.

"Remain" and "Change UK" in the same grid-quadrant is my favourite. I had to check that it wasn't a parody.

Fambo Number Mive

A People's Vote doesn't guarantee Remain, so Change UK can't promise both.

Paul Calf

Chuka is obviously the de facto leader. Why doesn't he just take the title? What's going on with WankingForChangeUK?

phantom_power

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 14, 2019, 08:40:53 AM
Chuka is obviously the de facto leader. Why doesn't he just take the title? What's going on with WankingForChangeUK?

I imagine it is either so he can walk away blameless when it all turns to shit, or so he can appear on programmes that the leader can't, or because the others voted against him because he is too (relatively) popular and they didn't want it to be the Chuka party, or some combination

phantom_power

Quote from: neardark on May 14, 2019, 09:01:36 AM
Their logo is a hamburger menu.

No, it is a list of their previous names crossed out

Fambo Number Mive

Farage has refused to debate Change UK leader Heidi Allen. Which is silly of him. The more debate the better. Probably too scared.

He didn't seem to know who she was at first: https://twitter.com/JohnHenryOwen/status/1128010771747737600