Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:00:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinge UK - New Centrist Party [split topic]

Started by jobotic, March 29, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencalx

Presumably at some point there was a meeting where someone said "Yes, that's the best of the logo designs". Can't imagine what the others must have been like.

Paul Calf

greenman

It does arguably get across there real position much better than the actual name doesn't it? a short of vaguely business like series of lines that suggests nothing interesting of inspiration at all.

greencalx

"I really like that design but can you make it a bit less imaginative?"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

We have had one of their scum leaflets through, as have we for the Brexit Party. One of the Brexit Party is A Black, one of the good ones though right guys, not a A Brown, right guys.

idunnosomename

"For a people's vote / For remain" makes it sound like a stitch-up

Great job guys

biggytitbo

Their candidate in Scotland has just announced he's campaigning for the Lib Dems now.

Everything going great.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteChuka Umunna: "It is obviously disappointing that this candidate has chosen to pledge allegiance to another party - he has let down his fellow candidates and activists."

king_tubby

king_tubby

Fambo Number Mive

Meanwhile Mike Gapes is annoyed that he cannot stay a member of a society for which you must not be a member of a party which opposes the Labour Party: https://twitter.com/MikeGapes/status/1128354275971801088

Fambo Number Mive

Will David Macdonald still be on the ballot paper as a Change UK candidate, given that nominations have closed? Or will they need to reprint them (requiring another tree or so to be cut down)?

David isn't the only Scottish candidate to withdraw: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48039047

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 15, 2019, 07:40:16 AM
We have had one of their scum leaflets through, as have we for the Brexit Party. One of the Brexit Party is A Black, one of the good ones though right guys, not a A Brown, right guys.

Nicked this from elsewhere, but if you get Brexit (or TINGE if you feel like it) party guff mailed to you, you can do this to throw a spanner in the works.

Quote1. write them an email to info@thebrexitparty.org requesting confirmation that they hold no GDPR data on you. Make sure you include some GDPR info in your sig - your name, phone number, address, etc.

2. They'll reply saying they don't hold a copy. But now they have a copy of your GDPR info. So you can trigger the actual GDPR request:

3. Write to them with the following, filling out your own info in the RED bit:

"Thanks for your email and I accept the point that the original letter was triggered via the electoral register without The Brexit Party having maintained an independent copy of that information.

However I have just emailed you and you have replied, which means that you now certainly have my personal data (as defined by Article 4(1) and (2) GDPR).

Therefore I am requesting access to the following information pursuant to Article 15 GDPR:

all personal data concerning me that you have stored;
the purposes of the processing;
the categories of personal data concerned;
the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for me.
If you are transferring my personal data to a third country or an international organisation, I request to be informed about the appropriate safeguards according to Article 46 GDPR concerning the transfer.

[Please make the personal data concerning me, which I have provided to you, available to me in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format as laid down in Article 20(1) GDPR.]

My request explicitly includes any other services and companies for which you are the controller as defined by Article 4(7) GDPR.

As laid down in Article 12(3) GDPR, you have to provide the requested information to me without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. According to Article 15(3) GDPR, you have to answer this request without cost to me.

I am including the following information necessary to identify me:

· "NAME"
· "PHONE NUMBER"
· "EMAIL"
· "ADDRESS"*

If you do not answer my request within the stated period, I am reserving the right to take legal action against you and to lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority.

Many thanks"

*Obviously fill this out with your info

4. Wait a week and chase 'em

Send me a load of bullshit will you, Brexit Party.

phantom_power

Quote from: greencalx on May 14, 2019, 10:02:47 PM
"I really like that design but can you make it a bit less imaginative?"

Is there any way to make it just one colour?

dr beat

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 15, 2019, 11:17:35 AM
Will David Macdonald still be on the ballot paper as a Change UK candidate, given that nominations have closed? Or will they need to reprint them (requiring another tree or so to be cut down)?

David isn't the only Scottish candidate to withdraw: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48039047

BBC says MacDonald will stay on the ballot as Change UK, but has written to Soubry to announce his resignation and will have to go round saying he now supports the LibDems.  If Change UK do win a seat in Scotland it will go the 2nd person on the list.  So, a bit messy to say the least.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 15, 2019, 12:07:07 PM
Nicked this from elsewhere, but if you get Brexit (or TINGE if you feel like it) party guff mailed to you, you can do this to throw a spanner in the works.

Or you could just put it in the bin like a normal person.

king_tubby

The recyling, ffs, you planet killing bastard,

phantom_power

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 15, 2019, 01:08:47 PM

Or you could just put it in the bin like a normal person.

Or vote for them, if you are a cunt

Doesn't seem much of a goer to me.

QuoteArt. 12 Section 5
1 Information provided under Articles 13 and 14 and any communication and any actions taken under Articles 15 to 22 and 34 shall be provided free of charge.
2 Where requests from a data subject are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, the controller may either:
(a) charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested; or
(b) refuse to act on the request.

biggytitbo

Quote from: king_tubby on May 15, 2019, 01:12:25 PM
The recyling, ffs, you planet killing bastard,

I'd put it in my paper recycling bin ahh.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: big bottomed anarchist on May 15, 2019, 01:23:27 PM
Doesn't seem much of a goer to me.

Oh it's a goer. On what grounds is such a request unfounded or excessive?

king_tubby

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 15, 2019, 01:30:10 PM

I'd put it in my paper recycling bin ahh.

A paper recycling bin? How preposterous, it would dissolve if it got wet.

Aaaaaaaaah.

NoSleep

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 15, 2019, 01:30:35 PM

I wouldn't bother spreading the idea around as it can be inflicted by anyone against any party. A tremendous waste of valuable time for the party you support could be the result.

BlodwynPig

Eye of the begoader

BlodwynPig

Quote from: king_tubby on May 15, 2019, 01:35:54 PM
A paper recycling bin? How preposterous, it would dissolve if it got wet.

Aaaaaaaaah.

You don't recycle liquids like that. Pissing in the binned

biggytitbo

Can't win political argument so try low rent pranks instead.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Replies From View on May 13, 2019, 07:49:48 PM
Is it possible they're intentionally trying to come across as ramshackle and handmade in order to seem less polished than the bigger parties?

It reminds me of the style choices of the early editions of Another Magazine, e.g.:

Perhaps that's why it appeals to media types.

Because it's clearly an organised campaign intending to be vexatious. I've nothing against annoying them, I just think it's better to do it the old fashioned way, by sending them goatse or a turd in a shoe-box.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 15, 2019, 02:04:39 PM
It reminds me of the style choices of the early editions of Another Magazine, e.g.:

Perhaps that's why it appeals to media types.

Loads of tits in Change UK too so the comparison is apposite.