Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:07:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinge UK - New Centrist Party [split topic]

Started by jobotic, March 29, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Alberon

I think they've finally cracked the name issue though.

I'd vote for that.

marquis_de_sad

The old way of doing things is over, this is a new era, new politics. We're not a political party, we're a lunch.

biggytitbo

Ferris

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 16, 2019, 10:23:49 AM

Even here, they've been unable to pick a colour and have got the same banner twice (with both of their names) but in 2 colours.

I know someone already posted it here, but Peep Show's Alan Johnson and his "Consortio/Consortius" does keep coming to mind.

Neville Chamberlain

Haha, imagine actually wearing a Change UK T-shirt!

Blimey

:-(

Ferris

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on May 16, 2019, 10:59:23 AM

Blimey

In fairness, he looks like he's regretting that decision (and every decision that has brought him to this point in his life)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Interesting how many people desert/back parties just because of how well or badly they are perceived to be doing. The Lib Dem recovery in the local elections has probably killed things for CHUK, never mind their own pathological incompetence and hypocrisy.

Neville Chamberlain

Imagine a party being "killed off" by the Lib Dems.

Ferris

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on May 16, 2019, 12:34:05 PM

Like being beaten to death by an underdone baked potato.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on May 16, 2019, 12:34:05 PM

In this case they were basically creating a party that was no different from the Lib Dems, just comprised of even more untrustworthy people.

No-one, including themselves have been able to explain what difference they offer versus the Lib Dems.

There was a small window where they could have replaced them as the de facto centrist choice, but the last election results have nailed the coffin lid shut. It would be even better if we can force a general election and effectively remove them all from parliament.

gib

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on May 16, 2019, 10:59:23 AM

Blimey

If i ever went to a CaB meetup one of these would be great.

Ferris

Quote from: gib on May 16, 2019, 12:58:48 PM
If i ever went to a CaB meetup one of these would be great.

They'll be in skips and charity shops across the land in the coming months so keep an eye out.

Cuellar

pancreas

Cuellar

Armin Meiwes

Haha that's brilliant, they're SO shit, literally EVERY SINGLE THING about them is embarrassing. Really this whole ride from literally the day after they formed (ie funny tinge) till now has been a welcome respite from the general horrors of our current political moment and a real lesson in how being even the most vaguely competent political party is not as easy as it looks (and definitely not as easy as they thought).

biggytitbo

To their credit they have succeeded in uniting a divided country. United them in thinking change UK are almost unbelievably shit.

bgmnts

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on May 16, 2019, 05:35:22 PM
I think they're alright.

#dividednation

Take a good hard look at your hands

jobotic

Johnny Yesno

NoSleep

"What we're about is in your hands right now; can you see it?"

king_tubby

QuoteUh oh... hear some Change UK MPs have talked about finding a way out after the Euros following the party's calamitous first few months. Conversations have been had with former Labour colleagues. CHUK currently polling ~2% and below the Greens and LibDems

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1129057137089536005

Spoon of Ploff

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: NoSleep on May 16, 2019, 07:52:46 PM
"What we're about is in your hands right now; can you see it?"

Haha, that was the best bit.

Nothing. Nothing is in there.