Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:45:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinge UK - New Centrist Party [split topic]

Started by jobotic, March 29, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

NoSleep

Just like Tinge. Although saying they "turned" anything would imply they're more capable than we've witnessed.

king_tubby

Shoulders?-Stomach!

finnquark

mother is on the phone here, trying to persuade her not to vote for ChangeUK

Talked her down, she's voting lib dem instead

Ferris

Quote from: king_tubby on May 16, 2019, 08:02:50 PM
https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1129057137089536005

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 12, 2019, 05:08:52 PM
Serious question - what's the #endgame for Team CHUK? They all have absurd egos, so I doubt being a political irrelevance then being ousted into oblivion at the first opportunity will sit well with any of them.

Reckon they'll petition for reentry into their respective parties?

Called it! If you're a duplicitous careerist cunt without an ounce of moral fibre, a second betrayal was always on the cards once the ship started to sink.

No political party has any benefit to take them though - nobody was voting for these plums, they were voting for the party. Assuming the seat is safe, then deselect and move on.

Ferris

Quote from: hummingofevil on May 16, 2019, 11:04:21 PM
Ha ha. Well that has cheered me up. Absolutely fucking brutal. Bravo that man.

I avoid the Graun as a rule, but just read that and massively enjoyed it.

Quote[Change UK]'s EU election rally in Bath was like intruding on a private grief.

It's absolutely pathetic that it took the G so long to have a pop at this bunch of neoliberal centrist chancers. You're the UK's left-wing newspaper; fucking act like it.

greencalx

To be fair, they've hardly been bigging them up either. Before they came into being you had the Rawnsleys and co pushing the "millions of people ready to switch to a new centrist party line". But as soon as it was created, the silence has been deafening. And now, at least, that lie can be put to bed.

As for the future, my reckoning is that they will stagger on until the next GE - if, for no other reason, than the fact that they have sitting MPs. They might get an MEP in one of the bigger regions where the threshold for a seat is lower. Then, come the GE they will all be wiped out (unless, perhaps, one or two individual MPs are enormously popular with their constituents). Those who are ejected will fade into obscurity, and what remains will merge with the Lib Dems.

jobotic

They'll all do a Mark Reckless and flit from party to party desperately trying to hold a seat somewhere after making a massive miscalculation in the first place.

Beagle 2

Quote from: king_tubby on May 16, 2019, 09:22:24 PM
The London Guardian turns on their former darlings:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/16/change-uk-is-dying-before-it-even-learned-to-walk

Something to file along with Taylor Parkes' takedown of Tim Lovejoy, that.

We're witnessing the rise of fascism in the vacuum of anybody else having a fucking clue. It's actually happening.

phantom_power

Quote from: jobotic on May 16, 2019, 04:15:58 PM
Sorry to link to the repulsive LBC

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1129014008638578688

They cut off the bit where she invites the audience to do the Safety Dance

That shit wouldn't wash in a primary school assembly, let alone a political rally

NoSleep

Neville Chamberlain

Fambo Number Mive

I feel a party like Change UK that only has one policy is a contempt for.democracy and ordinary.people

Paul Calf

Quote from: Beagle 2 on May 17, 2019, 08:50:01 AM
Something to file along with Taylor Parkes' takedown of Tim Lovejoy, that.

We're witnessing the rise of fascism in the vacuum of anybody else having a fucking clue. It's actually happening.

Yes. It is.

imitationleather

Quote from: greencalx on May 17, 2019, 08:11:27 AM
To be fair, they've hardly been bigging them up either. Before they came into being you had the Rawnsleys and co pushing the "millions of people ready to switch to a new centrist party line". But as soon as it was created, the silence has been deafening. And now, at least, that lie can be put to bed.

As for the future, my reckoning is that they will stagger on until the next GE - if, for no other reason, than the fact that they have sitting MPs. They might get an MEP in one of the bigger regions where the threshold for a seat is lower. Then, come the GE they will all be wiped out (unless, perhaps, one or two individual MPs are enormously popular with their constituents). Those who are ejected will fade into obscurity, and what remains will merge with the Lib Dems.

I wonder if there will be a period like Veritas post-Kilroy. Where once the big names have got bored and become chairmen of companies or whatever, the people now keeping them afloat on Twitter and that will continue the party. All taking turns to be leader and becoming ever smaller until it can no longer be seen with the naked eye.

Sebastian Cobb

I hope Jeremy Kyle takes the Kilroy direction and forms his own political party and makes a complete and utter arse of it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 16, 2019, 11:43:04 PM
I avoid the Graun as a rule, but just read that and massively enjoyed it.

It's absolutely pathetic that it took the G so long to have a pop at this bunch of neoliberal centrist chancers. You're the UK's left-wing newspaper; fucking act like it.

Well, they aren't. They keep left wingers on board to keep that side happy, but the actual editorial line and their main correspondents are nowhere near left wing these days.

From memory the exceptions are

Jones
Younge
Chakraborty
Toynbee - at least despises the Tories, has cut Corbyn slack since 2017 and knows mainly where to aim her fire

I mean... Behr, D'Ancona, Freedland, fucking Cohen, Jenkins, and about 10 other ghasts on top of them drown the above out in either centrist or outright warmongering authoritarian bilge.

Ferris

I was being quasi-sarcastic in stating their left wing credentials. I nearly put it in "quote marks". I don't know what the left wing alternative is, in the UK at least.

NoSleep

Sebastian Cobb

New Statesman is just as bad. Cunts, everywhere, cunts.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Leo2112 on May 17, 2019, 03:17:14 PM
Having a tantrum since everyone's laughing at her https://twitter.com/joanryanEnfield/status/1129164323090255872

Bye Bye Joan Ryan, at best you'll see out your days in a middling old people's home infested with Derek's.

imitationleather

Chuka getting interviewed on BBC News at the mo. He just said that some wouldn't vote Green but might vote TINGE because they see the Greens as a single issue party. Hahaha.

imitationleather

I think he just confused himself trying to explain why they're called Change UK rather than The Remain Party.

greencalx

I think 'single issue' is one issue too many for yer TINGErs.

idunnosomename

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 17, 2019, 03:23:39 PM
Bye Bye Joan Ryan, at best you'll see out your days in a middling old people's home infested with Derek's.
her and angela smith look the same (racist against thick old people oh no im cancelled)

imitationleather

I know he's not in TINGE but Ian "Irrelevant" Austin was on This Week last night doing a bit about how Jeremy Corbyn is an antisemite. Obviously the disgraceful claims falling out of his bulb-shaped head went completely unchallenged by the panel.

Blue Jam

Quote from: imitationleather on May 17, 2019, 05:43:41 PM
I think he just confused himself trying to explain why they're called Change UK rather than The Remain Party.

Tinge and The Brexit Party  should just call themselves The Big Endians and The Little Endians and be done with it.