Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:09:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinge UK - New Centrist Party [split topic]

Started by jobotic, March 29, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 19, 2019, 12:06:03 AM
inevitably we're all going to be sucked into the gravitational pull of mike gapes' anus so why fight it

Finally someone talking sense

Sebastian Cobb

Marr: Why didn't you call yourself The Remain Party, it would've been clearer?
Chuka: We're about more than Brexit, we want to change politics.
Marr: You don't agree on much, you're against austerity, Soubry loves it.
Chuka: On the most important issue, brexit, we agree.
🤦‍♂️

Lol

idunnosomename

somehow the Hard Remain "stop brexit and everything will be wonderful like the 2012 opening ceremony again" is looking even loopier than the Hard Brexiteers and global britain

Alberon

Remain is not a bad position, but some of the cheerleaders for it are such moronically useless wankers that they make the Hard Brexit mentalists look far less fucking detestable than they really should be.

Sebastian Cobb

I just got a promoted tweet from them.

Knowing that twitter bills based on favs, retweets and replies I responded with 'You lot are hopeless, I'm only replying to this promoted tweet because I know replies cost you money.'

Normally I just block promoted tweets but fuck 'em.

hummingofevil

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 19, 2019, 02:24:27 PM
somehow the Hard Remain "stop brexit and everything will be wonderful like the 2012 opening ceremony again" is looking even loopier than the Hard Brexiteers and global britain

In case you haven't seen this from last August.

https://twitter.com/eddiemarsan/status/1028632653698883584?s=20

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 17, 2019, 09:16:30 PM

This is fucking disgusting, might as well biro in a haircut and Hitler tash.

There is antisemitism in labour, but this makes a fucking mockery of it.

Surely these people can be held accountable for these smears??  I don't understand how they're getting away with it.

Why was there uproar about some people comparing their opponents to Hitler yet this is deemed perfectly okay?

idunnosomename

Quote from: hummingofevil on May 19, 2019, 04:10:49 PM
In case you haven't seen this from last August.

https://twitter.com/eddiemarsan/status/1028632653698883584?s=20
i didn't know that pillock had actually said that thing I just thought was a silly trope to mock loony FBPE types. bloody hell

Fambo Number Mive

Perhaps Britain in 2012 was great for Marsden, but austerity had started a few years beforehand

On that topic, here's Vince Cable defending austerity and the Lib Dems' actions in the coalition.

https://twitter.com/chunkymark/status/1130150019552698370

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 19, 2019, 05:43:04 PM
Perhaps Britain in 2012 was great for Marsden, but austerity had started a few years beforehand

On that topic, here's Vince Cable defending austerity and the Lib Dems' actions in the coalition.

https://twitter.com/chunkymark/status/1130150019552698370

Vince 'It could have been far worse' Cable.

At least Labour are clearly a different party since Blair.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 19, 2019, 06:44:36 PM
Vince 'It could have been far worse' Cable.

At least Labour are clearly a different party since Blair.

You can tell from his blinking that he doesn't believe a word that is coming out of his mouth. Jail time for Vince. What a crooked cunt.

Alberon

More deckchair arranging on the Titanic. From the Guardian live feed

QuoteChange UK could end up fighting general election under new format, Heidi Allen suggests

Change UK has been criticised for not being very clear about its name. When eight Labour MPs and three Tories defected in the Commons, they originally set up as the Independent Group, because they were not a party at that stage. They were also known as TIG (The Independent Group), or the Tiggers. Then they established themselves as a proper party, Change UK, although early in the European elections campaign sometimes they described themselves as the remain alliance.

In an interview on the Today programme this morning Heidi Allen, the party's interim leader, hinted that further change could be coming. Asked about claims that she could defect to the Liberal Democrats, she ruled that out. But then she said:

QuoteWill I stand again in South Cambridgeshire, my constituency, as Change UK? Whatever format, let's hope we know, depends when the new general election comes, later rather than sooner. If we've managed to bring together other MPs from the House of Commons, the format might be slightly different. But, whatever the brand new world party looks like, at that point at the general election in South Cambridgeshire, absolutely, I'm not going back to the Conservatives.

When why she was suggesting Change UK could change its name again, Allen replied:

QuoteBecause I want us to get bigger. I want us to get more successful, I want us to have more MPs, more opportunities, to change politics in this country ...

I see a modern world of coalition, where it isn't just about two big parties. I think the whole way that parliament operates at Westminster needs a damn good shake-up, and I want to be part of that.

Which suggests she sees the CUKs problems as a branding issue.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Two shit brands, time for a third. Oh no wait too late - general election - you don't have any MPs anymore

imitationleather

There is going to be a really funny book about these cunts.

idunnosomename

Chuka Umuna just WISHES someone would throw a milkshake at him

Sebastian Cobb

Brace yourselves, they've got a second policy.

idunnosomename

I'd happily pay the 1p not to talk to anyone

Sebastian Cobb

How about offering a cashier 2p to ring everything through and not talk to you while they're at it.

jobotic

imitationleather

Are they going to get all the pennies together and pay for the old folk to go on a coach trip to the seaside or something?

idunnosomename

Well old people hate those machines right? They like to have a nice natter with someone. So they get that AND the satisfaction of saving 1p.

jobotic

olliebean

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 20, 2019, 05:37:47 PM

Fine, as long as the supermarket pays me every time the bloody thing goes wrong.

Fambo Number Mive

I don't understand how it heals the generational divide. Is it meant to discourage people using self-checkout machines in order to reduce staff cuts in retail?

Edmonds

Quote from: imitationleather on May 20, 2019, 12:48:10 PM
There is going to be a really funny book about these cunts.

No there isn't. But there are going to be plenty of not very funny books about how Labour had an open goal against one of the the worst PM's and coalition governments in history, and actually managed to lose ground.

Kelvin

Making Ed Miliband look like a bold visionary at this point. 

QuoteI don't understand how it heals the generational divide. Is it meant to discourage people using self-checkout machines in order to reduce staff cuts in retail?

They claim that it will raise £30 million a year which will be used to fund other projects. Full report is here: https://www.cuf.org.uk/research-policy/news/appg-on-social-integration-report-healing-the-generational-divide

It's not even the stupidest idea in there.

Ferris

Finally focusing on the big issues. This will play well in divided Britain.