Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:40:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinge UK - New Centrist Party [split topic]

Started by jobotic, March 29, 2019, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 09, 2019, 01:13:16 AM
F   24 March 1996   Leeds United   N   3-0   77,065   Milošević 21', Taylor 55', Yorke 90'

And entirely incidental reason (though a compelling one) for a return to 1996, I can assure you.

(Boom boom boom - let me hear you say Savo; Savooo!)

kalowski

Tinge Ann Coffey:

QuoteOn grammar schools, she says: "I personally find [them] difficult to justify." But rather like former education secretary Ed Balls, she is in favour of local communities deciding for themselves whether to have selective schools.
QuoteYou can be rightwing on some issues and leftwing on others, she explains
QuoteBefore the Independent Group spent any money on education, however, there would be clarity about what it was seeking to achieve. "I would not want change for change's sake, but changes that will genuinely achieve the objective of giving opportunity to every child, and made on the basis of evidence of what will work and what won't."
Last line in the article:
QuoteIt seems ironic, considering her group's preferred new name, that Coffey is so cautious about change.
Ann Coffey: spending money isn't always the answer to school funding

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/apr/09/ann-coffey-independent-group-spending-money-not-always-answer-school-funding

NoSleep

phantom_power

"You can be rightwing on some issues and leftwing on others, she explains". I think we can guess which issues fall into each category here, right commuters?

greencalx

It's true that throwing lots of money at a problem doesn't necessarily solve it.

But if you don't throw any money at a problem, you can guarantee that it will remain unsolved.

Replies From View

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 09, 2019, 01:01:38 AM
What was the year Katie Hill was on Blue Peter? If it was '96, then I say we go back to that. England did alright in the Euros that year and all.

Can we please go back to the Tracy Island one?  That was the best year.

Quote from: greencalx on April 09, 2019, 08:20:31 AM
But if you don't throw any money at a problem, you can guarantee that it will remain unsolved.

Obviously never made your very own Tracy Island.

idunnosomename

This Blue Peter really puts me in mind of the Independent Group. Completely unworkable way to save £34.99 that suckered in loads of gullible kids.

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 09, 2019, 09:54:09 AM
This Blue Peter really puts me in mind of the Independent Group. Completely unworkable way to save £34.99 that suckered in bored and confused loads of gullible sensible kids.

Replies From View

My memory is that weeks later loads of letters from kids were sadly reporting how it had all gone ruined because of the flour glue going mouldy.

Halcyon days until that tragedy hit and the mourning commenced.  1992 was a perfect year.

idunnosomename

You're not even supposed to do papier mache like that. You need to put it over a frame or it will take literally weeks to dry out. A balloon is easiest but professionals use wire mesh or something. Im pretty sure their here's-one-I-made-earlier models are done like that.

Still at least it had a factsheet, which is more than Chuka Soubry and their goons have

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on April 09, 2019, 10:15:24 AM
My memory is that weeks later loads of letters from kids were sadly reporting how it had all gone ruined because of the flour glue going mouldy.

Halcyon days until that tragedy hit and the mourning commenced.  1992 was a perfect year.

I don't think Villa won anything that year, so it'll have to be '96 I'm afraid.

greencalx

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 09, 2019, 10:33:33 AM
Still at least it had a factsheet, which is more than Chuka Soubry and their goons have

That's not fair. Chuka has a pamphlet which, at 20,000 words, runs at half the length of a PhD thesis.

It did seem to be vacuous waffle though.

idunnosomename

Well I was going to say step-by-step plan but then I wanted to reference the factsheet

ajsmith2

Quote from: greencalx on April 09, 2019, 12:15:20 PM
That's not fair. Chuka has a pamphlet which, at 20,000 words, runs at half the length of a PhD thesis.

It did seem to be vacuous waffle though.

Is it as practically useful or substantial  as this ancient pixelated Web 1.0 pdf that the BBC still have up on their webspace somehow though: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/bluepeter/makes/tracyisland.pdf I bet not.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: greencalx on April 09, 2019, 08:20:31 AM
It's true that throwing lots of money at a problem doesn't necessarily solve it.

Bartering?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 09, 2019, 11:57:03 AM

you beat spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea and lost to Forest in a four game spell near the end of the season, but were knocked out of the league cup by Grimsby.

Paul Calf

I don't think Villa won anything that year, so it'll have to be '96 no year ever I'm afraid.

Everyone knows that the best day ever was January 20th, 1993

Replies From View

I don't give a shit about the blandest flavour of ice cream and the prizes it does or doesn't manage to get.

Tracy Island mate.  Was there a Tracy Island made in 1996?  Nope there wasn't.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 09, 2019, 01:01:38 AM
What was the year Katie Hill was on Blue Peter? If it was '96, then I say we go back to that. England did alright in the Euros that year and all.

Would I stay the same age I am now? If so around 88-89 would be alright, could go to some massive raves, pick up a Ford Capri for about £200 and buy a house for fuck all.

greencalx

daf

1928 -

Everyone swanking around in Oxford bags getting murdered in a locked room mysteries while grooving to the black bottom - Halycon days!

ZoyzaSorris

Fucking hell. I had no idea chukka was younger than me (by a whisker). Well now I'm really depressed.

greencalx

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on April 09, 2019, 04:37:37 PM
Fucking hell. I had no idea chukka was younger than me (by a whisker). Well now I'm really depressed.

Why? By posting on this website you've already achieved more than him in the same amount of time.

Replies From View

Thankfully he is two years older than me.  Phew!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Pretty sure I'd flounced from membership of a group and called some clubbers slappers by age 18 so Achievement Unlocked

Can't claim to have suppressed my homosexuality as well as Chuka though, or changed my mind three times on the same issue in the space of two years. On those levels Umunna really is striding off into the distance. Like a Gay.

ZoyzaSorris

I'm certain just by achieving very little negative or positive, in fact just by not founding a breakaway party with the sole intention of obstructing progressive change in this country, I am well up on the cosmic ledger compared with chukka, it's just that inadvertently reaching the time in your life where prominent politicians start being younger than you feels a bit more dead soon than even before

daf

Well now I'm really depressed.

and one day closer to de-e-eee-e-e-ath

(I'm 48 & still waiting for the starting gun!)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on April 09, 2019, 05:16:08 PM
I'm certain just by achieving very little negative or positive, in fact just by not founding a breakaway party with the sole intention of obstructing progressive change in this country, I am well up on the cosmic ledger compared with chukka, it's just that inadvertently reaching the time in your life where prominent politicians start being younger than you feels a bit more dead soon than even before

What is your reaction when I inform you that Theresa May is a year younger than you!!! Christ, you're only 5 years younger than John Major!!