Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:00:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gout thread 2: Son of gout thread

Started by wooders1978, March 29, 2019, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a duncandisorderly

I thought I had gout in my right big toe, but on examination it turned out to be damage to the joint caused by my kicking a district-line train as it pulled out of barons court without me one morning.

I'll tell you what, though- the train learned its lesson, & now it waits until I'm on board. worth it.

wooders1978

Had a shocker last night and got myself off to docs today and she switched me from naproxen to colchicine which she helpfully told me is specifically for gout pain - would of have been helpful to prescribe that in the first place one might think
Also got me allopurionol sorted for when this elbow fucker dies off

Lost Oliver

My dad has gout. Sounds bloody awful.

Quote from: wooders1978 on April 04, 2019, 07:03:22 PM
Had a shocker last night and got myself off to docs today and she switched me from naproxen to colchicine which she helpfully told me is specifically for gout pain - would of have been helpful to prescribe that in the first place one might think
Also got me allopurionol sorted for when this elbow fucker dies off

Ooh, colchicine! Nothing more fun than colchicine-induced squits at 3 in the morning when you're having to sleep on the floor downstairs and you're almost totally immobile.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on April 02, 2019, 07:55:52 PM
No, tennis elbow is something different. The medical term for it is lateral epicondylitis and as someone who has suffered from it, it is indeed a cunt but nowhere near the pain and discomfort of either bursitis or gout. I've had it in both arms for 18 months now and I'm fucking sick of it. I don't even like tennis!

I am currently seeing an occupational health  physiotherapist for epicondylitis- in my case it's honestly not from wanking, it's a repetitive strain injury induced by excessive pipetting, the most nerdy injury ever... anyway, I've had hip bursitis before and that was very different, mainly because sitting still made it worse while moving about made it better, while with epicondylitis moving my arm makes it worse.

A couple of tips from my physio, which seem to be working for me:

* Use Voltarol (diclofenac) gel- it's not the cheapest medication but it shits on ibuprofen.
* A tubigrip-type bandage will do fuck all, so get a lateral epicondylitis clasp like this one and wear it whenever you're doing repetitive or strenuous wanking tasks. These things put pressure on the tendon, effectively shortening it and restricting the extent to which you can extend or flex your elbow so you never lock out your joint or crunch it too much. Again, they're not cheap and you will look like Donald Trump playing golf but it'll be worth it.
* Do some exercises like the radial nerve floss and others you can find on YouTube.

I've found the Voltarol and the Donald Trump golf cunt enbow support the most effective things, along with modifying my workplace routine to give me a bit of rest some weeks. Go to a physio if you can- go through werk if possible or go private at a FASIC sports clinic, it'll be worth it..

Blue Jam

As for gout, I've never had it, you decadent fucks. Has anyone here ever had colchicine for it? I have some at werk, in a bottle with some scary warnings on the label. It's fascinating yet terrifying stuff:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spindle_poison

boki

Having a bit of a flare-up at the moment, so that's beer and meat out for another day or two, I guess.  Tried a bit of voltarol on the foot this morning and I think it's helped a bit.

wooders1978

Quote from: boki on April 05, 2019, 04:07:44 PM
Having a bit of a flare-up at the moment, so that's beer and meat out for another day or two, I guess.  Tried a bit of voltarol on the foot this morning and I think it's helped a bit.

Volterol is a bit of a godsend for the mild flair ups - also dulls things ok in a baddy

Apart from a very mild case of the  "two bobbers" earlier colchicine is working wonders

Cuellar

Blue Jam

One of the side effects of colchicine is hair loss, but I guess that's not a problem for most CaBbers.

wooders1978

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 05, 2019, 05:03:17 PM
One of the side effects of colchicine is hair loss, but I guess that's not a problem for most CaBbers.

Not read that - fuck, I'm sweeping over somewhat as things stand

wooders1978

I thought he meant my of two bob bits - how humbling

Yeah, I'm always looking for an excuse to whip out glamour pics of my trotters.

(Have now edited previous post to render above sentence nonsensical).

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 05, 2019, 05:03:17 PM

What about phimosis as a side effect though?