Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:35:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paddleton (2019) Netflix Exclusive

Started by Nowhere Man, March 31, 2019, 12:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nowhere Man

No, not Paddington you daft bugger!

Honestly probably the best new Netflix movie i've seen since um, maybe ever. If anyone else watched The Big Sick and was also surprised at how good Ray Romano's dramatic acting was, you'll probably like this. Mark Duplass also gives a wonderful performance as his best mate/neighbour.

I'm a bit drunk so it might just be hyperbole but this movie has one of the most affecting final movie scenes i've seen in years. The interactions between the two main characters is just wonderful, would definitely recommend this. It's just under 90 minutes long and it's hidden on Netflix, what have you got to lose?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Nowhere Man on March 31, 2019, 12:48:44 AM
Honestly probably the best new Netflix movie i've seen since um, maybe ever.

What, better than The Cloverfield Paradox?  Pfft!  There's a reason said film has its own national holiday, you know?

Nowhere Man

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 31, 2019, 04:01:03 AM
What, better than The Cloverfield Paradox?  Pfft!  There's a reason said film has its own national holiday, you know?

I have a bad enough memory as it is, and the only other Netflix exclusive i've watched in a long time was Bird Box, which was shit.

For some reason I thought Cloverfield Paradox was in cinemas too..

St_Eddie

Quote from: Nowhere Man on March 31, 2019, 05:00:50 AM
For some reason I thought Cloverfield Paradox was in cinemas too..

Nah, it's too sublime for cinemas.  Only Netflix is worthy of its perfection.  It's not like the studio hastily offloaded a turkey onto Netflix for $50 million because that was the only way that they were going to make a profit.  They gifted the film to them, out of the kindness of their heart.  Paramount Pictures is downright altruistic.

Josef K

Found this very touching. Rare jewel in Netflix's film oeuvre.

It did trigger my massive fear of death though. Had a very vivid dream the night I saw it where I was terminally ill and going through the process of taking the euthanasia drugs. Woke up and spent the rest of the day trying to get my head around the inevitability of death. 4*, highly recommended.

Shit Good Nose

Saw the trailer and thought it looked okay, and I generally like Mark Duplass, so it's in the list.  Haven't watched it yet, but reviews are almost unanimously positive.

It does scream of Romano trying to get away from that sit-com and Ice Age, though.  Not that that's a bad thing.