Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:31:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Full Length Version of Uzi Lover?

Started by BeardFaceMan, March 31, 2019, 01:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

Am I imagining things or did someone on here, a very long time ago, do an extended version of Uzi Lover from The Day Today? Anyone have a link to it if it turns out I'm not imagining it?

Barry Admin

Lee Banyard made a fan edit many years ago. No link as I don't have a computer

Ah here: https://audioboom.com/posts/630424-fur-q-uzi-lover

BeardFaceMan

elbee909

Crikey.  I can't believe that's still doing the rounds.

the

Quote from: elbee909 on October 24, 2019, 10:20:08 AMCrikey.  I can't believe that's still doing the rounds.

Is that you Lee? :) Nice one if so, falls apart a little bit at the end but it adds to the charm!

It's doubtful that there was a full 3-4 minute track originally produced for Uzi Lover, but there are surely (bits of) verses we've never heard.

The item within RokTV is constructed like a news package, with choice bits being plucked out of the track/video and filleted inbetween the interview/VO segments. So this makes me think that Chris (and Jonathan Whitehead if he was involved) would have over-written for the track to ensure there was enough material to work from in the edit, and filmed shots of the video to that whole track. (However much of that track there was, maybe 1-2 minutes?)

JesusAndYourBush

I remember the original "long version" that was doing the rounds sounded like the various parts had been put together with a crude sequencer, something like Soundtracker on the Amiga perhaps?

elbee909

Yeah, good shout! I recorded from VHS and then stitched the (yep, quite sparse body of) material together in Protracker on my Amiga at the time.  That's how long ago this was. :)  And tried to make the best of it by massaging the material... I'd love to hear the full thing if it exists though, how great would that be.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: the on October 24, 2019, 11:58:44 AM

The item within RokTV is constructed like a news package, with choice bits being plucked out of the track/video and filleted inbetween the interview/VO segments. So this makes me think that Chris (and Jonathan Whitehead if he was involved) would have over-written for the track to ensure there was enough material to work from in the edit, and filmed shots of the video to that whole track. (However much of that track there was, maybe 1-2 minutes?)

Conversely, having done montage stuff myself (some of it in a professional capacity) you sometimes really do not have time or money to make more than you need, so you need to get it all in the can or go home fucked. There might not be any more than exists. I'd love to be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised.

the

Quote from: H-O-W-L on October 25, 2019, 09:59:56 AMConversely, having done montage stuff myself (some of it in a professional capacity) you sometimes really do not have time or money to make more than you need, so you need to get it all in the can or go home fucked. There might not be any more than exists. I'd love to be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised.

I know what you're getting at, which was why I reckoned there wouldn't be a 'full' (3-4 minute) track. However RokTV is so tightly edited there must have been some bits of the prepared song/video that fell outside of the edit.

The line "he was grateful, I shot his pate full" is clearly from a verse that we don't get to hear the rest of. (The musical elements in the background are slightly different in that bit too, a glimpse of the fuller track.)

It wouldn't be too much of a task to reconstruct the Uzi Lover backing track from its component samples, though there wouldn't be much to be gained from doing that.

I do love Uzi Lover, although musically it is a little bit out-of-step for a 93/94 gangsta track. I suppose the primary focus was to make the track funny in its bastardisation of recognisable (slightly too commercial) samples.