Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:57:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Film Club - Central Nomination/Voting Thread

Started by greenman, March 31, 2019, 05:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on May 27, 2019, 03:59:21 PM
I'd be happy with any of those but I'm going to vote for Super Mario Bros because I don't think I've ever seen it the whole way through and what Avril said there has intrigued me greatly.

Here's an interesting recent-ish article about its production that I haven't read before. :)
https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/mar/22/super-mario-bros-movie-killing-fields-chariots-fire-video-game

Gregory Torso

I'm totally up for a rewatch and analysis of Superb Mario Brethren. Also promise to watch Hellzapoppin at some point this week and contribute to that thread.

rasta-spouse

Super Mario Bros for me too. I saw this at the cinema when it came out and was interested in the Evolution Gun. Not seen it since. Kept on thinking, why don't they switch it from de-evolve to pro-evolve? Then we'd really see some sights! Was aware it was a box office flop, but didn't realise it had major production troubles.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: rasta-spouse on May 27, 2019, 05:01:13 PM
Super Mario Bros for me too. I saw this at the cinema when it came out and was interested in the Evolution Gun. Not seen it since. Kept on thinking, why don't they switch it from de-evolve to pro-evolve?

I think Koopa uses his larger Evolution machine (the one used for creating Goombas) to increase the intelligence of his idiot henchmen/nephews Spike & Iggy, but yeah it's kind of an uninspired use of such a wacky concept. I should probably save any more Mario-talk for the thread if it does come to be!

zomgmouse

I'd be happy with Last Flag Flying. Been meaning to see it.