Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:04:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

April Fools...

Started by Lordofthefiles, March 31, 2019, 10:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordofthefiles

What are your best April fools pranks and have they ever got out of hand.

One time I was working in a store that had two monitors, two keyboards and two mice (mouses?!) on the front desk - The wires all came out of the same hole in the counter top.

When I closed up for the night on march 31st all I did was switch the mice around so that they were each sat next to the wrong screen and keyboard ...then I went off for a few days holiday.

When I came back I'd forgotten all about doing the prank - I'd expected it to take about two minutes max for my colleagues to work out the problem...
But they hadn't.
The shop had had to be closed for a full day on April 1st while they waited for the IT "people" to show up and fix the broken computers.

And you know what?
The ITers didn't even tell anyone what the issue had been... and so neither did I.

Blue Jam

Danger Man

My God...it's exactly one year since I made a post on here mocking April Fool's jokes but the post was misunderstood and people thought I was mocking the one thing on here that can never be mocked.

A year has gone by....

"The years are too short, the days are too long."

Dex Sawash

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Danger Man on March 31, 2019, 10:34:37 PM
My God...it's exactly one year since I made a post on here mocking April Fool's jokes but the post was misunderstood and people thought I was mocking the one thing on here that can never be mocked.

A year has gone by....

GAYS ARE DONE.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Danger Man on March 31, 2019, 10:34:37 PM

A year has gone by....

oh yeah i remember that. i'm guessing that you now identify as an attack helicopter

Twed

Oh GOD not another April Fools day. I can't wait for all the jokes from technocratic companies that are based in the premise that anything tech bros do is fascinating

"Google launches new online service... to catalogue pants!"

HAHAHAHAH

"Gmail has a picture of a Minion on it now"

LORDY LORD MY SHITTY FUCKING SIDES

QDRPHNC

That's surprising, I thought corporate April fools jokes would have been very, very popular on CaB.

Twed

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on March 31, 2019, 11:56:24 PM
oh yeah i remember that. i'm guessing that you now identify as an attack helicopter
I hope so, that sounds like very cutting-edge humour.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 01, 2019, 12:20:43 AM
That's surprising, I thought corporate April fools jokes would have been very, very popular on CaB.

APRIL FOOLLLLL...NOT YET FOR YOU THOUGH

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

One year as an (admittedly half-arsed) April Fool, I changed my relationship status on Facebook to say that I was engaged. It backfired on me when nobody commented on it. Maybe they were all too savvy to be taken in by my ruse, but it would have been nice if it merited some reaction.

Buelligan

Are you married now, then?  I hope you'll be very happy.

We have April fish here, I prefer.

Icehaven

Many years ago I sent my then boyfriend a series of texts across the morning saying our then landlord was going away and wanted to leave some pets with us to look after (in our small 1 bed flat). Started with two cats and ended up being several more and a few large dogs and birds in cages too. What was by far the best thing about a not particularly funny joke was that he absolutely fell for it, which I wasn't expecting at all. I thought his first response would be yeah right April fool sod off but nope, even when I added the dogs he just started asking about the money for food etc. I think it's to my considerable credit that I didn't go on to exploit such gullibility.

biggytitbo

April fools day is redundant.

Danger Man

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on March 31, 2019, 11:56:24 PM

As a woke arms dealer I prefer the term attack zelicopter.

greencalx

The Lothian Buses free WiFi fool is "Sturgeon to rent out Bute house on Airbnb".

DrGreggles

I just wrapped my sandwiches in an aluminium sheet.

Not really.

APRIL FOIL!

petril

I'll be spending the afternoon talking about genuine news articles and going "that's a belter of an April Fool's gag, that". then ranking them all in a ludicrous knockout voting competition with a group stage and a draw and everything

Cloud

Made the company website look like an old Geocities one a couple of years back.  People who fell for it were very polite and told me it looked good (it looked bloody awful), which was quite interesting.

Quote from: Buelligan on April 01, 2019, 05:54:37 AM
Are you married now, then?  I hope you'll be very happy.
Well, since no one was fooled, I had to go and get married for real. That is Fools Rules.

Buelligan

At least you had the last laugh.

Cerys

Unlike his wife.  Unless the wedding night counts.

They're all laughing after I'm done with them.

Cuellar

Icehaven

Paul Calf

Quote from: Cloud on April 01, 2019, 11:56:45 AM
Made the company website look like an old Geocities one a couple of years back.  People who fell for it were very polite and told me it looked good (it looked bloody awful), which was quite interesting.

Coincidentally...https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55455563/efficient-data-structure-for-matching-one-of-a-list-of-regexes

Paul Calf