Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mega Drive Mini!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by madhair60, April 01, 2019, 01:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The mobile ports of Sonic 1 and 2 are the supiror ports as well as there widescreen and have a few tweaks.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on April 01, 2019, 11:50:20 PM
The mobile ports of Sonic 1 and 2 are the supiror ports as well as there widescreen and have a few tweaks.

Having the spin dash in the first Sonic game is a very welcome addition.

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on April 02, 2019, 12:05:43 AM
Comix Zone.

Like Super Return of the Jedi for the SNES; a great game ruined by being far too difficult for its own good.

popcorn

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 02, 2019, 01:19:55 AM
Having the spin dash in the first Sonic game is a very welcome addition.

Tell you what's got spin dash in Sonic 1 and that's Sonic Jam on Saturn.

madhair60

None of you are allowed to talk about old games anymore. Absolutely off the table.

popcorn

Have you got a PlayStation madhair... are you going to play Grand Turismo

popcorn

Mm I'm just thinking about Panzer Dragoon Saga again. Mm. What a lush, mysterious game.

madhair60

popcorn

FFVII best game ever mate

Let's play Wipeout before we go out to the club.

madhair60

Yeah FFVII is the only JRPG on PS1

popcorn

Yeah there's also Grandia...

came out first on Saturn, inferior PS1 port.

madhair60

Yeah, those are the only two

(I should play Grandia actually)

madhair60

lmao it wasn't even put out in English on the Saturn. You clown

popcorn

Fucking loling at these monolingoid Sony casuals

madhair60

I do enjoy a nice console war <3

I am looking forward to the Mega Drive Mini for the hacking potential. A Saturn Mini would also be ace, especially for the unavailability of so many games on it. I know Panzer Dragoon is getting a remaster, but Saga would be nice to have. On a theoretical Saturn Mini I'd like to see Dynamite Deka, Astal, Fighter's Megamix etc. There's plenty of stuff and so much of it hasn't been seen since that brief flicker of life the Saturn had. Samesies for the Dreamcast, a little pocket DC full of those amazing arcade ports would be fantastic.

(Though, I'm yet to encounter a Saturn game that SSF couldn't run?)

PlanktonSideburns

madhair60

I want a tiny console. You think I don't know about roms? You're a fucking rom. I actually like old games and I play them often, I think they're good.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I already have several emulators on my PC, but if one of those mini SNESs came up cheap on ebay, I'd be sorely tempted to get it just for the convenience and comfort of playing on the sofa.

I could have sworn there had already been a Megadrive Mini. One of those ones from a few years ago that was just a controller that plugged into the telly. Maybe it wasn't official or something.

Of course, it goes without saying that the Mega Drive was for fartbrains and the SNES was where it's at.

PlanktonSideburns

Oh I think you know perfectly well about roms. That was one of the first things about you I noticed on this forum

And hdmi leads. I bet your mates are forever asking you to shut the fuck up about hdmi leads. Oh the audio goes down the lead too does it? FUCK ON pal.

The fact that you know these things is what's driving me crazy here

madhair60

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 02, 2019, 12:11:40 PM
Oh I think you know perfectly well about roms. That was one of the first things about you I noticed on this forum

And hdmi leads. I bet your mates are forever asking you to shut the fuck up about hdmi leads. Oh the audio goes down the lead too does it? FUCK ON pal.

The fact that you know these things is what's driving me crazy here

Your favourite game is probably Rudra no Hihou, you absolute P I S S. Cunts ask me about HDMI because I'm so wise, I'm like Wizeman from NiGHTS, that's what you like. NiGHTS. More like SHiTES

PlanktonSideburns

My favourate game is actually disaster report on the ps2 so who's the diced now?

Cloud

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 02, 2019, 12:08:32 PMI could have sworn there had already been a Megadrive Mini.

There has been, the Atgames one, which I think you can still get from Argos... it's widely derided as an absolute piece of shite with poor audio etc

madhair60

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 02, 2019, 12:20:40 PM
My favourate game is actually disaster report on the ps2 so who's the diced now?

it's caled SOS: The Final Escape you hipster

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: madhair60 on April 02, 2019, 12:23:58 PM
it's caled SOS: The Final Escape you hipster

I didn't know that because I just had a rom of it on my computer.

No doubt you bought a vintage pinball machine and modded it to run a special edition release of the game you had to suck off some bloke on Gumtree for

PlanktonSideburns

Hey madhair60 I hear Sega are releasing a little box that if you plug it into the telly you can watch the telly.

I hope it has channel 4 and maybe ITV also.

It's only 150 pounds, and I know I can watch telly on my telly but I can't be arsed with the hassle of dragging the telly down from the massive podium I've built in the garden and it's a nice tiny looking little box and when I do a wee poo comes out bloooo lah  blah blah blah waaàaaa ffffffft gribbbbbbbbb

I'd get one of these for hacking purposes if I wasn't already PC/Pi'd up. If you are going the emulator route, grab one of these;

http://www.8bitdo.com/m30/

Got one last week and it's brilliant. It's got two shoulder buttons too, so it's good for Saturn as well.

madhair60

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 02, 2019, 12:51:57 PM
Hey madhair60 I hear Sega are releasing a little box that if you plug it into the telly you can watch the telly.

I hope it has channel 4 and maybe ITV also.

It's only 150 pounds, and I know I can watch telly on my telly but I can't be arsed with the hassle of dragging the telly down from the massive podium I've built in the garden and it's a nice tiny looking little box and when I do a wee poo comes out bloooo lah  blah blah blah waaàaaa ffffffft gribbbbbbbbb

You wish you did wee-poos like I do. They feel amazing.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Cloud on April 02, 2019, 12:21:56 PM
There has been, the Atgames one, which I think you can still get from Argos... it's widely derided as an absolute piece of shite with poor audio etc
So it's an authentic Megadrive emulation then.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: madhair60 on April 02, 2019, 11:57:41 AM
I want a tiny console. You think I don't know about roms? You're a fucking rom. I actually like old games and I play them often, I think they're good.

Maybe you should try this, a rebuilt mega drive with modem chips that can scale up to HD with no loss of performance.

It accepts original carts and you can't put ROMs on it. Perfect!

It doesn't accept more modern controllers though so as well as the games you'll need an original (not included).

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/03/the-analogue-mega-sg-answers-why-anyone-would-pay-190-for-a-new-sega-genesis/

madhair60

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 02, 2019, 01:06:55 PM
So it's an authentic Megadrive emulation then.

Mega Drive emulation is notorious for failing to reproduce the audio accurately, which has largely contributed to the AIDS-tier bang-wrong moronpinion that the Mega Drive has a bad "sound chip" or bad music.