Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,478
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:45:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

THE DEAD DON'T DIE - New Jarmusch

Started by fucking ponderous, April 02, 2019, 06:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fucking ponderous

Trailer dropped for this today
https://youtu.be/bs5ZOcU6Bnw
Looks fun enough, but I am extremely skeptical. Zombies have been hack shit for at least a decade now and this film doesn't seem to have much of a plot beyond "zombies". This is also very un-Jarmusch territory for Jarmusch to be tackling. Only Lovers Left Alive did involve the supernatural, but that was more of a quiet drama that just happened to be about vampires, this looks like he's trying to make an actual broad zombie film.
It also looks like Jarmusch and his buddies just fucking around, which I admit is charming enough for me. Hopefully the zombie stuff will end up being just a backdrop for Jarmusch's usual loose, deadpan comedy stuff. Basically the less zombies involved in this zombie film the better I think it will turn out to be.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: fucking ponderous on April 02, 2019, 06:11:55 AM
Hopefully the zombie stuff will end up being just a backdrop for Jarmusch's usual loose, deadpan comedy stuff.

This is what I'm hoping for too, but I like Jarmusch and most of the cast enough that I feel like I'll be pretty happy just watching these folks interacting via his dialogue for the runtime.  I liked the Iggy Pop zombie's callback to Coffee & Cigarettes.

Puce Moment

I have no idea why I liked that trailer so much and why I am now really looking forward to seeing it! I prefer dour Jarmusch over fun Jarmusch but I have to admit that this looks fucking great.

fucking ponderous

I like that Jim Jarmusch appears to be close friends with the Wu-Tang Clan

mothman

Iggy Poppedhisclogs just saying "Coffee..." sold it for me. That, and Tilda Swinton with a Scottish accent.