Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:50:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Not Going Out S10 (April 15th)

Started by Malcy, April 02, 2019, 04:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

10th series starting in a couple of weeks. There's a full episode guide here.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/not_going_out/episodes/10/

the science eel

Malcy

That was really funny. I think the show works best when it has the main 7 in the whole episode together.

neveragain

Old fashioned but good fun as ever. Not their best bottle episode.

Utter Shit

Yep agreed with that. You know exactly what you're going to get with Not Going Out and it didn't disappoint, it's fantastic farce. Not as good as the Escape Room episode from a couple of years ago, but that was a classic.

The setup was silly even by NGO standards, there's no way that group of people would ever go on a skydiving thing together...but you sort of accept that with a show like this, and any plot that allows them to remove the kids from the equation is fine by me.

neveragain

Also don't all amateur skydivers jump attached to someone?

Malcy

Not bad but I wonder why they changed the episode from the one that was supposed to be on.

olliebean

The advertised episode was about sex education at school, which has been in the news recently - perhaps they wanted to avoid comparisons being drawn.

Malcy

Quote from: olliebean on April 22, 2019, 10:51:43 PM
The advertised episode was about sex education at school, which has been in the news recently - perhaps they wanted to avoid comparisons being drawn.

Hate when they do that shite.

Rolf Lundgren

I quite liked tonight's episode but I can't get past the fact that it's all so different from how it used to be. They may as well have renamed it and started a brand new sitcom with the same cast. For example, the couple of Anna and Toby have presumably been friends with them for about 10 years within the show's universe and yet they all acted as though they barely knew each other.

Captain Z

I really enjoyed the first episode. It's clearly still capable of reaching near its peak, and I'm glad they seem to have accepted that that relies on removing the kids from the equation as often as possible.

Quote from: Malcy on April 22, 2019, 10:10:12 PM
Not bad but I wonder why they changed the episode from the one that was supposed to be on.

Incredibly minor reason but their weekend away is supposed to be the bank holiday weekend (on arrival they mention it's Sunday 'tomorrow' and they stay for 2 nights)?

Tony Yeboah

It's be renewed for three more seasons https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2019/06/07/43247/bbc_orders_three_more_series_of_not_going_out
I really enjoyed this series, they made good use of the ensemble cast and the gags had a good hit-rate.

neveragain

Really enjoyed the 'watching telly' and 'dithering over a vase' episodes.

Captain Z

The skydiving episode was still my favourite from this series. Overall definitely funny enough to warrant another series, three seems a lot though. That's at least 18 different reasons to explain why the kids aren't around.