Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:13:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Banksy painting 'Devolved Parliament' being re-displayed for Brexit day

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, April 03, 2019, 07:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you... do you get it? It's like... our leaders, right, they're like.. well they're like a load of chimps yeah? Makes you think

Sebastian Cobb

kittens

Paul Calf

Alberon

About the only interesting thing about the painting is that the Viewing Gallery is all chimps as well. So he's saying we're all responsible.

NoSleep

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 03, 2019, 07:05:37 PM
Do you... do you get it? It's like... we're, right, we're like.. well we're like a load of chimps yeah? Makes you think

FTFY

There are chimps up in the gallery, see?

SNAP: Alberon

Zetetic

gib

It's highly unrealistic because none of the chimps have done a shit.

chveik

Quote from: gib on April 03, 2019, 07:50:59 PM
It's highly unrealistic because none of the chimps have done a shit.

they're doing a brexshit!!

Howj Begg

"devolved parliament" is an anagram of "evolved primate land". Is this a coincidence???

king_tubby

Is Banksy depicting black and Asian mps as monkeys?

Problematic.

MrSerious

Makes you think...

...of stuff a new wave band did over 40 years ago, better.

thenoise

It's quite nicely painted. Did Banksy get someone else to do it for him?

That scene depicted in that painting is not nearly as absurd as the moment a few weeks ago when some guy half-heartedly tried to walk away with the Ceremonial Cudgel or whatever it's called and the rest of the morons started freaking out.

But that was an affront to the dignity of the House, or something like that. I think it was Black Rod's saxophone he tried to make off with.

imitationleather

thenoise

Those climate clowns got a few minor facebook shares by getting their kit off in the public gallery. How do we one up that? Maybe have some sexy swedes with their knockers out to remind them what we'll be missing.