Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:34:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Come to doddy pic - please help

Started by mwude, March 06, 2005, 06:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwude

Fuck fuck fuck. I've lost it again.  Someone did an ace pic of Ken Dodd's head  as the demon from the Cunningham / Aphex Twin video screaming into the old granny's face.  I've been reminded recently that I was going to make a T-shirt out of it.  But I can't find the bloody thing anywhere.  It used to be on santa's vision mongs, but I see that site is no more.

Please help.  If anyone's got it stored somewhere could you post it here or send it to me?  Who did it originally anyway?

MonkeyDrummer

dunno who did it. but here it is

splattermac

nah, that's my one, he means this one.... [off to have a look, I think it's on Santa's vision mongs]

Where has Santa's mongs gone? I'm getting a 404

mwude

Quote from: "splattermac"nah, that's my one, he means this one.... [off to have a look, I think it's on Santa's vision mongs]

Yeah, Santa's mongs seems to have gone.  It used to be on there, as well as a reversed version for ease of T-shirt printing.  Click here for a tiny version of the image I'm after.  Once again, any help in retrieving a full size version of this would be hugely appreciated.

Cambrian Times

This is the best I could do. I copied the thumbnail into Paint and stretched it. That is why it's a bit blurred. Maybe if you have photoshop it'll look better.

sproggy

I seem to recall santa saying he'd stopped paying his webhost and was running on borrowed time regarding his site.  Shame really 'cos it was very slick.

You could PM @ssmaster he has an extensive archive.

splattermac

Dear Santa,

I have webspace doing nowt, if you promise not to delete my files through sausage fingered clumsiness you can have a share of it.

Splattermac age 31

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: "mwude"
Quote from: "splattermac"nah, that's my one, he means this one.... [off to have a look, I think it's on Santa's vision mongs]

Yeah, Santa's mongs seems to have gone.  It used to be on there, as well as a reversed version for ease of T-shirt printing.  Click here for a tiny version of the image I'm after.  Once again, any help in retrieving a full size version of this would be hugely appreciated.

Yeah, sorry - I've still got it all, I just haven't put it up again yet - I kinda got bored of doing it, especially since the production of images here has practically died.  But if people want it back then I'll see what I can do about getting it back online.

EDIT:  Splattermac, I'd be happy to take you up on that offer!

@ssmaster

Quote from: "sproglette"

You could PM @ssmaster he has an extensive archive.

Sorry I had a look on the sun machine archive and I don't have it. I thought I would have, it was quality.

mwude

Bump!

Anyone know who did this originally?  I've been told that the image size there won't make for a decent enough quality image for a T-shirt (too small considering the difference between computer screen dpi and something else's dpi, I believe).

So was hoping and praying that whoever did it originally might still have their version and they could send me a bloody massive sized copy?

It's backwards to allow people to print off themselves and iron onto a T-shirt I think, but I want a really decent quality version if I can get one.  Something that wn't fade after one wash.

monkhouse terror

The main reason production of images on here has died is because at some point fairly recently this place became some livejournal substitue where people could post pictures of themselves not smiling.

I think it was prof_moriarty later called Funky Gibbon (who hasn't been on here for absolutely ages) who did the Come To Doddy image, but I could be very wrong and have it mixed up with someone else, apologies if that's the case.

@ssmaster

I really want to use this image/pun for selling t-shirts but I feel guilty for doing it before asking permission. Will the real Come to Doddy creator please stand up?

mwude

I think that I originally picked up the idea from someone else on this thread.  I then came to CaB and asked you lovely people to Vision Mong it for me - about three quarters if the way down on this page.  That was back in 2003 by the looks of things.

However when you click on the thread (url - http://chilled.cream.org/vw/viewtopic.php?t=19619&sid=344e38f013cdc0873ba8d0394558ab44 ) it 404s.  Not easy trying to dig information out of two separate forums that have both crashed at least once in the meantime.  Any sleuths able to work a way in to that old thread on here & see who the originator of the image was?  Or have any contact details for prof_moriarty / Funky Gibbon to see if it was actually them what did it?

mwude

Quote from: "@ssmaster"I really want to use this image/pun for selling t-shirts but I feel guilty for doing it before asking permission. Will the real Come to Doddy creator please stand up?

Bump (again) - last time, honest.

I've got someone offering to make this into a T-shirt / hoody.  And it could do with the image being better quality (and also someone to credit the artwork to).  In terms of legality what's the deal with potentially making money using an image like this?  Presumably a bit dodgy because although it's photoshopped the copyright of the original image surely lies with Warp / Chris Cunningham?

Lee

Meh, who cares about copyright.

Couldn't you just get someone to reproduce the image? There can't be that many pics of Ken Dodd around, it can't be that hard to find the one used.

mwude

Quote from: "Lee"Meh, who cares about copyright.

The person who's starting up a T-shirt site and doesn't want to get sued if for any reason they start selling them on a big enough scale to get noticed.

Quote from: "Lee"Couldn't you just get someone to reproduce the image? There can't be that many pics of Ken Dodd around, it can't be that hard to find the one used.

That's what I thought but I'm buggered if I can find that picture of Doddy anywhere.

Santa's Boyfriend

If you create a stencil of it, then I'd say you're much less likely to be sued.

hencole

Quote from: "mwude"
Quote from: "Lee"Meh, who cares about copyright.

The person who's starting up a T-shirt site and doesn't want to get sued if for any reason they start selling them on a big enough scale to get noticed.

Chill. How many people are realisticly going to want to buy a 'Come to Doddy Tishirt'? 1,2 a dozen, 50?