Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:43:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Drunk on Thursdays

Started by Nowhere Man, April 04, 2019, 10:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nowhere Man

Fucked ain't I. Fucking work time tomorrow.

What do?

Twit 2

Sebastian Cobb

I used to love starting the weekend by getting pissed on a Thursday night, did it for pretty much all of my 20's.

PlanktonSideburns

Was hoping this was about the euphoria from too many Thursdays in a row

seepage

Chunks or it didn't happen.

Thursday is indeed the start of the weekend, who really works on a Friday anyway?

Sebastian Cobb

Or a Monday. Basically they'd get the same out of us if they let us do 3 or 4 days instead of 5.

Nowhere Man

It'll be fine, i'll just spend most of tomorrow on the shitter to avoid doing to much actual work.

Sebastian Cobb

All about still being pissed Friday morning, possibly even pushing the hangover back by going to the pub at lunchtime. Keeps things interesting.

Brian Freeze

What should work consist of tomorrow if you had been sober?

Uncle TechTip

Shrug, say "Thursday is the new Friday" and down another bottle.

Jittlebags

Thursday definitely feels more Friday-ish than, say Tuesday.

kittens

i'm at work alone tomorrow so i was gonna get pissed tonight but i forgot so please have one on my behalf

Sebastian Cobb

Kick it up a notch and go into work still on the gear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE13o_D4B4c

Brian Freeze

I was daft enough to attempt a day at work after mushrooms and absinthe the night before.
It wasn't a successful experience.

A trip to the opticians after being up all night on speed was quite paranoia inducing.

the

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 04, 2019, 11:37:26 PMKick it up a notch and go into work still on the gear.

I thought that was going to be this video.

Thursday is a fantastic night to get pissed because Friday isn't 'a day' by any measure.

That said, maintaining a regular Wednesday Club kicks it up the proverbial notch, and 'smoking and drinking on a Tuesday night' is the ultimortz

the

Quote from: Nowhere Man on April 04, 2019, 10:31:30 PMWhat do?

Do what everyone else does, have a sausage egg & bacon bap from Greggs, a lengthy bog session of your choosing, and spend what remains of the day smirking through meetings and putting things off 'til next week

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 04, 2019, 11:37:26 PM
Kick it up a notch and go into work still on the gear.

I click a YouTube link semi-annualy. That one paid off.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Brian Freeze on April 05, 2019, 12:04:04 AM
I was daft enough to attempt a day at work after mushrooms and absinthe the night before.
It wasn't a successful experience.

A trip to the opticians after being up all night on speed was quite paranoia inducing.

I once accidentally got on the drugs when I met a mate on a Sunday night. I kipped at his and got a lift home in the morning and promptly phoned my team lead at 9am and asked if I could take the day as a holiday. The thought of what might've happened if they'd have said no still gives me the fear.

Twit 2

Nah, it'd would have been fun. When I worked in a shop once I came in and did a stock take on a massive MDMA come down. Although, I did know a teaching assistant who turned up to school on acid, which is a bit much, frankly.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Stone cold sober I was, last night. Not even working today ( officially ). Impressive, eh ?

Icehaven

I used to love going to work on a Saturday still pissed as hell after about 2 hours sleep, stinking of booze and fags, convinced my efforts to appear normal were working when in hindsight they absolutely weren't. Made the day go faster until I sauntered off at 5, certain I'd got away with it, when in hindsight I absolutely hadn't.

Paul Calf

Quote from: seepage on April 04, 2019, 10:48:37 PM
Chunks or it didn't happen.

Thursday is indeed the start of the weekend, who really works on a Friday anyway?

The smart office drone squirrels away bits of work during the week for Friday. I have three test cases and a LucidChart diagram to produce with a flourish today.

If you asked the people I work with, they'd say that Friday is just about my most productive day.

PlanktonSideburns

Fell off a bungalow roof once, onto a soft lawn.  No harm done - as I said the lawn was soft and I sort of did a roll. It was Friday, and Thursday was darts night, hangover was is full swing.

If I lie here with my eyes closed, play it up a bit, I'll probably get to sit in the van for an hour to recover, I thought.

Five min later a paint brush bounced off my head

GET UP PLANKTON YOU FUCKIN POOF, WE'RE ALL HUNGOVER MUN

bellowed my large Welsh employer

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 05, 2019, 08:29:17 AM
The smart office drone squirrels away bits of work during the week for Friday. I have three test cases and a LucidChart diagram to produce with a flourish today.

If you asked the people I work with, they'd say that Friday is just about my most productive day.

My favourite shirking trick is to become useful to multiple teams, that way both of them think I'm doing work for the other one.

Quote from: Brian Freeze on April 04, 2019, 11:02:21 PM
What should work consist of tomorrow if you had been sober?

Cardiothoracic surgeon who does a bit of air traffic control now and again.

Noddy Tomkey

Had a sober spell but got dragged out by work yesterday - drunk thurs!

Pulled a sickie today whoop!