Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:03:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Hotel Inspector

Started by Tony Yeboah, April 05, 2019, 11:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

By way of a small tribute...

QuoteManuel:
I say to man in shop "Is rat." He say "No, no, no. Is a special kind of hamster. Is filigree Siberian hamster." Only one in shop. He make special price: only five pound.

Basil:
Have you ever heard of the bubonic plague, Manuel? It was very popular here at one time. A lot of pedigree hamsters came over on ships from Siberia. 

They don't write stuff like that anymore.

Who's the eldest living Fawlty Towers actor? Quarmby was six months younger than Bernard Cribbins, who was born 29.12.28

Kane Jones

"Can I get you the wine list?"

"Sybil, may I introduce to you the gentleman who's just opened the self service department here?"

Brilliant sarcasm from our Basil.

Tony Yeboah

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on April 06, 2019, 10:37:01 AM
Who's the eldest living Fawlty Towers actor? Quarmby was six months younger than Bernard Cribbins, who was born 29.12.28

It's unclear if André Maranne is still alive but he was born in 1926. Geoffrey Palmer was born 4 June 1927.

re. Andre Maranne:

"Herb Tenney, the doctor (and bit player) for director Blake Edwards, said Maranne died before being able to reprise his role of Clouseau's sergeant,  François Duval (ex-Chevalier)" in Son of the Pink Panther, 1992. This is supported by his acting CV suddenly ending in 1991.

http://crawleyscastingcalls.com/index.php?option=com_actors&Itemid=56&id=6415&lettre=M

Bad Ambassador

mojo filters

Quote from: Kane Jones on April 06, 2019, 10:53:08 AM
"Can I get you the wine list?"

"Sybil, may I introduce to you the gentleman who's just opened the self service department here?"

Brilliant sarcasm from our Basil.

Indeed, superb sarcasm and probably the best line delivery by John Cleese from the entire series. I love how naturally quick witted, understated and completely correct it makes him appear, as so many of his good lines play against that to some degree.

I guess maybe the fire/burglar alarm(s) farce edges it for funniest overall scene, however?

Jittlebags

The only thing that lets this episode down is the rat in the cracker box. Like the perfectly normal question afterwards though - "or would you like a rat?"