Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:07:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit Thread Seven: More of this shit

Started by Mister Six, April 05, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jittlebags

New page Brexit Bollocks...

Where are Boris and Rees Mogg planning on keeping the nukes? Brexit is obviously a 2* win for Russia. Weaken EU, Scotland goes Indi, tells England to fuck off with it's submarines. Nukes leave northern end of Western Approaches. Maybe base our nuclear subs off Rhyl?

hummingofevil

Quote from: Jittlebags on May 14, 2019, 12:30:15 AM
New page Brexit Bollocks...

Where are Boris and Rees Mogg planning on keeping the nukes? Brexit is obviously a 2* win for Russia. Weaken EU, Scotland goes Indi, tells England to fuck off with it's submarines. Nukes leave northern end of Western Approaches. Maybe base our nuclear subs off Rhyl?

A very reliable source told me that the issue of where to put the nukes if Scotland went independent was all a con. The "not in Scotland" commitment was going to be achieved by allowing Faslane to remain a UK enclave with a fee paid by London gov. Which is quite a good idea if you ignore the whole not-wanting-Glasgow-to-get-nuked-if-something-goes-wrong-bit.

Also, did you know that there is weapons dump in the North Sea that is pretty much full and all kinds of ammunition and stuff gets dragged out of it and ends up washing up on the beach in Rhyl? Just what Rhyl needs is some lucky dip hand-grenades popping up outside the Suncentre for the locals to play with.

Buelligan

They did something similar with the strategic port of Cobh in Ireland after the Free State was established.

Quote from: WikipediaDue to its tactical military importance, under the terms of the 1921 Anglo-Irish Treaty, the port remained a UK sovereign base within the Irish Free State after 1922. Along with the other Treaty Ports, it was handed over to the government of the Irish Free State in 1938.

Fambo Number Mive

British Steel seeking a government loan due to "Brexit related issues"

QuoteThe company said "uncertainties around Brexit are posing challenges for all businesses including British Steel".

It added: "We are holding constructive discussions with our stakeholders on how to navigate them.

"Discussions are continuing about a package of additional support to assist the company address broader Brexit-related issues, whilst continuing with [the company's] investment plans."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48267688

Replies From View

Stakeholders being the priority, there.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteBritish Steel's main plant is at Scunthorpe, but it also has sites in Teesside, Cumbria and North Yorkshire

Pro Brexit working class leavers

DrGreggles

Sky News:
"A Downing Street spokesman says the Prime Minister will bring back the Brexit withdrawal agreement bill to the House of Commons in the week beginning 3 June"

hamfist

Quote from: hummingofevil on May 14, 2019, 02:15:52 AM
Also, did you know that there is weapons dump in the North Sea that is pretty much full and all kinds of ammunition and stuff gets dragged out of it and ends up washing up on the beach in Rhyl? Just what Rhyl needs is some lucky dip hand-grenades popping up outside the Suncentre for the locals to play with.

Rhyl's a long way from the North Sea though.

canadagoose

Quote from: hamfist on May 14, 2019, 10:48:54 PM
Rhyl's a long way from the North Sea though.
If there's one thing I do before I shuffle off this atrocious Clowne-infested mortal cackhole, it's visit Rhyl. I've heard so much about how bad it is, and I need to see it for myself.

canadagoose

Quote from: Danger Man on May 14, 2019, 11:49:21 PM
It Rhylly is shit,,,,
I'd give you karma if this were 2015 or something.

Replies From View

I just find Rhyll beach to be disturbing low resolution all the time:

Fambo Number Mive

Ben Habib of the Brexit Party. Such a relatable man: https://twitter.com/benhabib6/status/1128546729350062083

QuoteIf markets act irrationally that should be a buying opportunity for all sensible people

Fambo Number Mive

Confirmed that May is having a fourth vote on her deal. However, doesn't something have to be different from the first and second times she brought her deal under Bercow's rule?

ajsmith2

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 15, 2019, 09:22:55 AM
Confirmed that May is having a fourth vote on her deal. However, doesn't something have to be different from the first and second times she brought her deal under Bercow's rule?

Isn't it meant to contain some concessions to Labour (after the recent cross party talks) this time around?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm pretty sure all Westminster is now focused on totally shutting down anything May tries. She may as well try one more time but after the election results next week she will be wasting her - and everyone else's - time.

imitationleather

I am guessing that Conservative and media reaction to the EU election will be to once again attempt to draw a comparison between the Labour and Tory performances to distract from how dreadfully the government is performing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: imitationleather on May 15, 2019, 02:30:04 PM
I am guessing that Conservative and media reaction to the EU election will be to once again attempt to draw a comparison between the Labour and Tory performances to distract from how dreadfully the government is performing.

This time - if polls are roughly correct - Labour can simply turn around and say they did marginally better than electoral powerhouse and magic man Tony Blair, who achieved 21%.

Mister Six

Quote from: hummingofevil on May 14, 2019, 02:15:52 AM
A very reliable source told me that the issue of where to put the nukes if Scotland went independent was all a con. The "not in Scotland" commitment was going to be achieved by allowing Faslane to remain a UK enclave with a fee paid by London gov. Which is quite a good idea if you ignore the whole not-wanting-Glasgow-to-get-nuked-if-something-goes-wrong-bit.

Well that would presumably be dependent on the new Scottish government agreeing to it, no? Or would the UK try to make this a condition of Scoxit?

Mister Six

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 15, 2019, 09:22:55 AM

Maybe she'll use a different colour crayon?

Zetetic

Quote from: Mister Six on May 15, 2019, 11:43:57 PM
Well that would presumably be dependent on the new Scottish government agreeing to it, no?
Or failing that, the emergency administration that takes it place.

Uncle TechTip

I did find the quote from a downing St spox today interesting - "if latest vote fails there's two options - A50 revoked or we leave with no deal". Since she's always ruled out no deal there's the chance of a last heroic act - revoke, as only she had the power, and then do a Cameron, this time sending the new leader right back to the start.

imitationleather

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on May 16, 2019, 12:50:06 AM
I did find the quote from a downing St spox today interesting - "if latest vote fails there's two options - A50 revoked or we leave with no deal". Since she's always ruled out no deal there's the chance of a last heroic act - revoke, as only she had the power, and then do a Cameron, this time sending the new leader right back to the start.

Theresa May doing something heroic. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

jobotic

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on May 16, 2019, 12:50:06 AM

She's said that before. Either option splits the Tory party. She'd just bring it back again.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: jobotic on May 16, 2019, 07:09:08 AM
She's said that before. Either option splits the Tory party. She'd just bring it back again.

I think the Euro results and a failed deal means The End for May.

Labour should push for another No Confidence vote afterwards.

Paul Calf

Which they'd lose again unless the DUP break the C&S agreement or CHING members suddenly have an attack of self-awareness. Despite centuries of sectarian entrenchment militating against the former, I'd still make it the better bet.

biggytitbo

Well i was really excited to come here this morning to pages of discussion about the live debate last night amongst the candidates for the most important position in the EU -  the president of the commision - https://www.ebu.ch/eurovision-debate

Yet mysteriously I can't find a single reference to it anywhere on a forum full of EU-philiacs! I thought the EU was so important to our very existence that we must for the first time in our history overturn a major democratic vote in order to stay in it yet weirdly nobody gives a flying shit about who the next President will be!?

Fambo Number Mive

I wasn't aware of it, partly because our media don't seem to have much interest in properly reporting on European Union politics or events.

Did you watch the debate and what did you think?

Fambo Number Mive

In fairness, the BBC does have an article on it under World

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48280134

I think Ska Keller or Nico Cué would be best.