Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:14:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit Thread Seven: More of this shit

Started by Mister Six, April 05, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Quote from: Howj Begg on May 17, 2019, 01:58:16 PM
In a GE Labour is mainly at risk of losing Southern marginals to resurgent Lib Dem or Green candidates, not Tories. In the North it is not at risk of losing to Tories, and any Brexit Party candidates do not have a chance of winning. I know you know this. I think you know we know you know this. Stop pretending. It's lame.

It very much depends how much brexit is an issue at the GE, as I said the way the constituencies are broken up is not the same way the leave/remain divide is broken up - it's more like 70/30 leave rather than 52/48, plus the pivotal role marginal seats play in general elections in our electoral system make it nowhere near as simple as saying labour going remain wins them more seats then leave - the evidence we have says the opposite.

katzenjammer

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 17, 2019, 09:07:23 AM
Why anyone believes Labour are a brexit party I do not know

Been trying to tell you this for about two years. Glad you've finally caught up, you dunce.

Why anyone gives any credence to anything you post I do not know...

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 17, 2019, 03:02:07 PM
as I said

You don't need to say things more than once.  I hope this helps.

Howj Begg

greencalx

Except your pro Brexit types will look at that and think it will be them who'll profit from the no deal cash bonanza.

Paul Calf

Yeah. It's a novel strategy, but perhaps it's novel for a good reason.

Replies From View

Yes.  You have to factor in that people planning to vote for that party readily misread and misunderstand things.

Johnny Yesno

Hasn't the falling pound been used by brexiteers as a selling point for brexit already? I'm not convinced by LedByDonkeys's belief that anyone who sees this will realise it is obviously bollocks and sinister.

Paul Calf

Brexiters on this very board have presented a weak pound as evidence that Brexit Iz Rainboze.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 18, 2019, 07:52:33 AM
Brexiters on this very board have presented a weak pound as evidence that Brexit Iz Rainboze.

Yeah, I thought they had. LedByDonkeys need to factor in the ability of brexiteers to sell how this thing is a good thing and not a bad thing, like what you thought, aaaaahh!

Replies From View

Fambo Number Mive

Buelligan

idunnosomename

No way, not only is it spelled correctly, it's justified for the space and the calligraphy is pretty sound. no drips. top marks

BlodwynPig

gib

Looking forward to seeing someone waving a huge banner of queen + EU flag outside parliament soon.

idunnosomename

When The Queen Stops Brexit

come on ma'am

make my 2012 fantasy true

RUDDY HELL!!!

jobotic

I'm painting TRAITOR on Buckingham Palace

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on May 19, 2019, 11:00:41 PM
I'm painting TRAITOR on Buckingham Palace

Queen iz traitor to da Queen

chveik

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on May 20, 2019, 01:54:00 AM
never too late to use a guillotine

will she pull the lever herself?

chveik

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 20, 2019, 01:56:55 AM
will she pull the lever herself?

she will if she still has a modicum of honour left. on live tv

Hundhoon

i will feel  so glad i dont have to feel sad whenever i look at the leader of the UK anymore.
what was Theresa May?  Justin Trudeau from Canada a country with half the population of the UK had 4.5 million Twitter followers, Theresa May only had 750 thousand,
there is no difference between the UK and France yet Macron had over 2 million followers on twitter.

its just crappy leadership we have, shooting ourselves in the foot.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Hundhoon on May 20, 2019, 07:17:15 AM
i will feel  so glad i dont have to feel sad whenever i look at the leader of the UK anymore.

When do you expect this to happen?

Buelligan

You wait til the next iteration from the tories if you think this one's bad.  You ain't seen nothing.

Paul Calf

It's not just the Tories though; if The Brexits get enough votes it could be enough to get old-skool fascism into the mainstream in Britain and the rotting corpse of UKIP is staggering on with the energy of the racists and palaeoconservatives who've colonised it, waiting for an opportunity to discard the mask.

idunnosomename

Imagine looking at absolutely ANYONE who is running for the leadership and not feeling sad