Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:54:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit Thread Seven: More of this shit

Started by Mister Six, April 05, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

This is the reason we need to be in the EU, ideally a rule-taker with no fucking power.

Johnny Yesno

chveik

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteMPs have rejected an effort by Labour and Tory rebels to take control of Parliament's timetable, blocking the latest attempt to stop no-deal Brexit.

The Commons opposed the move by 309 votes to 298.

Howj Begg

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 12, 2019, 04:57:34 PM

Excellent. 11 votes only. Labour have said they'll do a VONC soon too. This is only the beginning.

poodlefaker

Quote from: Endicott on June 12, 2019, 01:49:35 PM
One small test I apply, look at remembrance. These days remembrance is weaponized by the right, but there was a time 40 years ago when no-one would have dared, it was sacrosanct.

Michael Foot was accused of not being smartly dressed at the Cenotaph, wearing a donkey jacket etc (he wasn't, it was lies, but it stuck). Same old shit was going on then.

Howj Begg

A spokesman for Jeremy Corbyn said that even the vote was lost today, the party would seek other parliamentary mechanisms to block no deal, such as a potential no confidence vote in a prime minister pushing for such a course. He said:

If we are not successful we will find other mechanisms to arrive at the same outcomes.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Howj Begg on June 12, 2019, 05:03:02 PM
Excellent. 11 votes only. Labour have said they'll do a VONC soon too. This is only the beginning.

Man, I hope you're right. This is getting extremely unnerving.

Danger Man

Quote from: Howj Begg on June 12, 2019, 05:03:02 PM

The beginning of what? 

Howj Begg

Quote from: Danger Man on June 12, 2019, 05:43:48 PM
The beginning of what?

I'll let you hazard a guess. Should be entertaining.

Danger Man

Yes, it's going to be very interesting.

idunnosomename

Im frightened Kate Hoey wont ever die

ZoyzaSorris

Deselect the cunts post haste surely

Howj Begg

ZoyzaSorris

Could some of that been pairing? If 6 of the 8 Labour 'No's had been 'Yes' it would have passed wouldn't it?

Howj Begg

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on June 12, 2019, 06:20:49 PM
Could some of that been pairing? If 6 of the 8 Labour 'No's had been 'Yes' it would have passed wouldn't it?

Yeah, you're right. We don't know the details of the abstentions yet.

jobotic

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 12, 2019, 06:05:58 PM
Im frightened Kate Hoey wont ever die

I think she has been for some years.

That cunt Mann too.

Johnny Yesno

beanheadmcginty

I was just watching Keir Starmer on Channel 4 News and realised that he's starting to look more and more like Grouty from Porridge.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Hey, it's Paulie Walnuts, still doggedly posting his own bland contrarian views throughout  this thread!
I' ve actually come to find myself liking Paulie by now.He still insists on posting his ineffectual nonsense in these threads, and he's nowhere near as annoying as Biggy in this respect. I know that's  because he's not particularly intelligent or as articulate as Biggy is or at least used to be before the whole transforming himself into Melanie Phillips thing took hold, but still...come on, Paulie, not too bright, not that much in the way of being an engaging personality, massively insipid and predicable, dull reactionary views, but, still.... He's still here! Show the guy some respect ! Or not, cos he's so crushingly boring, but that's  up to you. I, personally, find him to be quite sweet.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Endicott on June 12, 2019, 05:57:07 PM
Of course.

https://commonsvotes.digiminster.com/Divisions/Details/689?byMember=false#noes

Interesting to note that Rory "I'm the anti-No-Deal candidate" Stewart voted "no".

And also that he has no face.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on June 12, 2019, 07:40:39 PM
these are the good guys, remember
i dont consider myself to be right about anything

Buelligan