Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:45:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit Thread Seven: More of this shit

Started by Mister Six, April 05, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howj Begg

Anyone claiming that there is no racism in European nations, especially against non-European people, is a maniac. Luckily no one said that. The question discussed was the extent to which the rise in hate crime in the UK is correlated with Brexit and leave sentiments and part of the same timeline. Basically burying your head in the sand about racism in the UK and its association to the nationalist movement inspired by Brexit is not a good look, however heroically left you assume yourself to be.

This is the same "Bad things happen in the EU*, therefore Leave" argument deployed by others, isn't it?

*That are the same things that Brexit is itself fostering

Crisps?

Quote from: Zetetic on June 17, 2019, 05:44:03 PM
I suppose it would depend in part on whether the first trumpeted advantage of the Maastricht Treaty was putting an end to foreign types coming here without individual-permission once and for all.

Or whether the kids who are said to have carried out the attack, for which there's no evidence as yet was even racially motivated, had on their minds random arguments spouted in a referendum three years earlier that they weren't even old enough to vote in.

Quote from: Howj Begg on June 17, 2019, 06:19:01 PM
Anyone claiming that there is no racism in European nations, especially against non-European people, is a maniac. Luckily no one said that.

Luckily nobody said anybody said that.

QuoteThe question discussed was the extent to which the rise in hate crime in the UK is correlated with Brexit and leave sentiments and part of the same timeline.

Vs multiple atrocities carried out by Muslim terrorists, a tolerance of major and increasingly networked fascist parties and neo-Nazi states within the EU and improvements in recording by police, with inclusion in recent years of "online hate crime"?

QuoteBasically burying your head in the sand about racism in the UK and its association to the nationalist movement inspired by Brexit is not a good look, however heroically left you assume yourself to be.

You act like racism didn't exist before Brexit, and I'm the one burying my head in the sand.

Paul Calf

Do you honestly expect replies to that pile of wank?

Crisps?

I only expect replies from you Paul - on the dot, like clockwork - because despite telling everyone else to IGNORE other people, and despite trying to get other people to install your malware infected browser extension (that you had to remove from the Chrome store after someone exposed that it was infected), you can't help yourself shitting up every thread here with your useless, pointless, zero content turds.

I wonder how much people make from malware in a browser extension. Any idea?

Dr Rock

Crisps?

He's on the previous page, just above someone mindlessly whining that what he posted is "some pointless shit" and acting like they wanted a discussion about "the rise in racist attacks and xenohopia" instead. Now the same person is whining over posts about the rise in racist attacks and xenophobia, almost as if all they can do is fucking whine.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Crisps? on June 18, 2019, 02:44:22 PM
I only expect replies from you Paul - on the dot, like clockwork - because despite telling everyone else to IGNORE other people, and despite trying to get other people to install your malware infected browser extension (that you had to remove from the Chrome store after someone exposed that it was infected), you can't help yourself shitting up every thread here with your useless, pointless, zero content turds.

I wonder how much people make from malware in a browser extension. Any idea?

There's no malware in it. I removed it as a precaution because I didn't write the code. Raise your game or fuck off.

Quote from: Crisps? on June 18, 2019, 03:13:00 PM
He's on the previous page, just above someone mindlessly whining that what he posted is "some pointless shit" and acting like they wanted a discussion about "the rise in racist attacks and xenohopia" instead. Now the same person is whining over posts about the rise in racist attacks and xenophobia, almost as if all they can do is fucking whine.

U OK Hun?

Crisps?

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 18, 2019, 03:14:42 PM
There's no malware in it. I removed it as a precaution because I didn't write the code.

A precaution against what? The no malware?

QuoteRaise your game or fuck off.

U OK Hun?

Paul Calf

Howj Begg

Quote from: Crisps? on June 18, 2019, 01:33:17 PM
Luckily nobody said anybody said that.

Vs multiple atrocities carried out by Muslim terrorists, a tolerance of major and increasingly networked fascist parties and neo-Nazi states within the EU and improvements in recording by police, with inclusion in recent years of "online hate crime"?

You act like racism didn't exist before Brexit, and I'm the one burying my head in the sand.

What on earth were you saying then, by quoting those stats? I've met people from Italy, Germany, Netherlands not to mention France who were very casually racist, and we all know about Eastern Europe. We're not talking about them or that, we are talking about the EU. You weren't.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/policies/justice-and-fundamental-rights/combatting-discrimination/racism-and-xenophobia/combating-racism-and-xenophobia_en

https://www.governmenteuropa.eu/eu-anti-racism-policies/92720/

Mate, I grew up amongst immigrants and was even racially insulted from time to time. I observed racism against immigrants from all over the former Empire. Don't give me your bollocks on this. I don't and didn't "act" like that. That's dogshit. What I can say is that being in the EU has helped to contribute to normalisation of immigration as a fact of life, in the workforce and otherwise. That is a net good.

What is your opinion of immigration from the EU? I suspect your mention of Muslim terrorism gives a clue. Have you noticed the Muslim terrorism in notable non-EU member the United States of America? Or Nigeria or Turkey? Are you a nationalist of some kind?

Whatever you reply, Im out, tbh. Lexiters are idiots.

Zetetic

Quote from: Crisps? on June 18, 2019, 03:24:58 PM
A precaution against what? The no malware?
I think the idea is that Paul Calf allowed for the possibility that there was some as-yet-undetected malware, withdrew as a precaution against that possibility and later determined, to some standard, that there was no malware.

(This seems quite a straightforward to me.)

Buelligan

Quote from: Crisps? on June 18, 2019, 01:33:17 PM
Vs multiple atrocities carried out by Muslim terrorists...

Not wishing to engage too much with your brainstorm but thought I might just mention that I think questions need to be asked about these Muslim terrorists.  Are they always that or is it just what they get called?

I only ask this because there was an attack very near to where I live.  Lots of people I know knew of or knew the perp or the police involved.  Every single one of them had the same opinion, that the "Muslim terrorist" was, in fact, a pretty young small-time crim with a drug problem and a difficult relationship with his dad.  He didn't even go to mosque.  But he still got labeled a "Muslim" terrorist.  His crime was recorded and reported as that although, I am as certain as I can be that, if we lived in a "Muslim terrorism" free time, it would've been seen as a tragedy where a mentally-ill and troubled young man lost all sense and did some dreadful things.

I know this is just one event but it did happen and I think it's important to consider when labeling terrorists.

phantom_power

Where in the EU do these "Muslim terrorists" come from?

Dr Rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSMr-3GGvQ

QuoteIn an unmissable talk, journalist Carole Cadwalladr digs into one of the most perplexing events in recent times: the UK's super-close 2016 vote to leave the European Union. Tracking the result to a barrage of misleading Facebook ads targeted at vulnerable Brexit swing voters -- and linking the same players and tactics to the 2016 US presidential election -- Cadwalladr calls out the "gods of Silicon Valley" for being on the wrong side of history and asks: Are free and fair elections a thing of the past?

Very much worth a watch.

pancreas

She's a crank tho. Propping up that Ministry of Truth place that blames everything on Russia and likes to insinuate that Corbyn's somehow involved.

BlodwynPig

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: pancreas on June 18, 2019, 04:37:15 PM
She's a crank tho. Propping up that Ministry of Truth place that blames everything on Russia and likes to insinuate that Corbyn's somehow involved.

Perhaps, but I think it's pretty poor that there's no audit history of electoral ads on Facebook. Seems pretty basic to me.

However, it's interesting that TED seem to have changed their policy on what's too controversial or politically charged to post on YouTube since Nick Hanhauer's TED talk on wealth inequality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKCvf8E7V1g.

Crisps?

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 18, 2019, 03:36:35 PM
You're really shit at this.

Make your mind up, I'm either really shit at "this" or you're going to continue replying to every post I make, as you have done for years, armed with your Notepad.exe of kindergarten quips. I mean it's hilarious that you must be, what, pushing about 50 now, and wanking on like a twat about "raise your game" in an internet pissing contest, in between spouting "ur shit" and "u mad" level flames.

Imagine spending 20% of your waking hours for eight years on zero-content shitposts to a Comedy ForumTM, impotently trying to get other posters to "fuck off" or be ignored because you're a ridiculous wannabe forum dictator with a micropenis. Imagine being that much of a total fucking loooser.

And here's what you were up to almost exactly a year ago (spoiler: exact same thing):

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,65385.msg3534150.html#msg3534150

Crisps?

Quote from: Howj Begg on June 18, 2019, 03:40:15 PM
What on earth were you saying then, by quoting those stats? I've met people from Italy, Germany, Netherlands not to mention France who were very casually racist, and we all know about Eastern Europe. We're not talking about them or that, we are talking about the EU. You weren't.

I wasn't talking about the EU when quoting from the EU survey Being Black in the EU, carried out by the EU across the EU?

Crisps?

Quote from: Buelligan on June 18, 2019, 04:29:21 PM
Not wishing to engage too much with your brainstorm but thought I might just mention that I think questions need to be asked about these Muslim terrorists.  Are they always that or is it just what they get called?

I only ask this because there was an attack very near to where I live.  Lots of people I know knew of or knew the perp or the police involved.  Every single one of them had the same opinion, that the "Muslim terrorist" was, in fact, a pretty young small-time crim with a drug problem and a difficult relationship with his dad.  He didn't even go to mosque.  But he still got labeled a "Muslim" terrorist.  His crime was recorded and reported as that although, I am as certain as I can be that, if we lived in a "Muslim terrorism" free time, it would've been seen as a tragedy where a mentally-ill and troubled young man lost all sense and did some dreadful things.

I know this is just one event but it did happen and I think it's important to consider when labeling terrorists.

It's probably easiest, and most fair and accurate, to label terrorists according to the cause they're representing and/or where their religion is relevant. If they're associated with or carry out an attack on behalf of an Islamic terrorist group then it doesn't seem unreasonable to me to call them Muslim terrorists. In any case, my point was about non-Brexit reasons for a rise in (reported) hate crime in recent years, and the three terrorist attacks by Muslim terrorists in 2017 were a known factor in that.

Howj Begg

Quote from: Crisps? on June 19, 2019, 10:22:43 PM
I wasn't talking about the EU when quoting from the EU survey Being Black in the EU, carried out by the EU across the EU?

No. It's not about the institution per se. It's about countries within the EU. Countries which bear the weight of particular racist histories, peculiar to their society, as well as their regions. That's why the figures differ between Luxembourg, Portugal and the UK. Therefore, it is not about the EU as an institution, which is what what was being talked about. And as you yourself note, the survey was carried out by the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights, which is trying to redress the lack of data carried out by individual governments. Therefore, an institutional agency of the EU is trying to collect data in order spread awareness of racism in EU countries, faults in EU anti-discrimination policy, and improve that situation. The EU is doing that. In this country, the nationalist Brexit movement is doing the exact opposite.

If you want to claim that the EU is fostering racism against immigrants within the EU, because of discriminatory policy, corruption, turning a blind eye, or even, as you mention, tolerating far right parties, I'm all ears for that, honestly I am. But let's not speak falsely about what the EU is doing, and I would say don't deny the reality of the racist Brexit movement here, and the racism of the anti-EU parties in the EP.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Crisps? on June 19, 2019, 10:15:30 PM
Make your mind up, I'm either really shit at "this" or you're going to continue replying to every post I make, as you have done for years, armed with your Notepad.exe of kindergarten quips. I mean it's hilarious that you must be, what, pushing about 50 now, and wanking on like a twat about "raise your game" in an internet pissing contest, in between spouting "ur shit" and "u mad" level flames.

Imagine spending 20% of your waking hours for eight years on zero-content shitposts to a Comedy ForumTM, impotently trying to get other posters to "fuck off" or be ignored because you're a ridiculous wannabe forum dictator with a micropenis. Imagine being that much of a total fucking loooser.

And here's what you were up to almost exactly a year ago (spoiler: exact same thing):

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,65385.msg3534150.html#msg3534150

You get the replies you deserve.

U mad bro?

Buelligan

Quote from: Crisps? on June 19, 2019, 10:46:33 PM
It's probably easiest, and most fair and accurate, to label terrorists according to the cause they're representing and/or where their religion is relevant. If they're associated with or carry out an attack on behalf of an Islamic terrorist group then it doesn't seem unreasonable to me to call them Muslim terrorists. In any case, my point was about non-Brexit reasons for a rise in (reported) hate crime in recent years, and the three terrorist attacks by Muslim terrorists in 2017 were a known factor in that.

IMO, "Muslim" "terrorism" and the rise of it, can be attributed to the warmongering of the US and Russia and the UK and friends across the Middle East.  Also to the aggression and expansionist ideas of Israel supported by America, to the military support and encouragement that the US/UK has given the Saudis. 

None of this is attributable to the EU, the EU has just been the place where a great many of the subsequent refugees have tried to find safety.

Howj Begg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48692863

QuoteBrexit 'major influence' in racism and hate crime rise

Racism and race-related hate crime has increased since the 2016 Brexit referendum, with officers appointed to deal with resultant "tensions".

Three of the four Welsh police forces reported rises in the last five years, figures released to the BBC show.

Eryl Jones, from charity Show Racism the Red Card, said he believed Brexit had been a "major influence".

It comes as 24 community cohesion officers are being appointed by councils across Wales.

They will focus in particular on developing strong links with European Union citizens and other minority groups which might feel susceptible to Brexit tensions.

"Incidents of racism have gone up throughout the UK as well as in Wales since the campaign to leave the EU, " Mr Jones said.

"It's fairly obvious that Brexit has been a major influence.

"The feeling is that a lot of people believe they have the right to express their racist feelings or to show hatred."

Fambo Number Mive

The Leave Eu Twitter account which is campaigning for the deselection of Remain Tory Mps, tweeted a graphic recently which included "Remainer Quislings".

Buelligan

I love quislings!  They're so soft and cute, fluffy.  They don't stay like that though.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on June 21, 2019, 04:24:28 PM
I love quislings!  They're so soft and cute, fluffy.  They don't stay like that though.

Gremlins?