Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:22:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit Thread Seven: More of this shit

Started by Mister Six, April 05, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 21, 2019, 10:22:56 PM
He's right though. It *is* an insult that relies on skin-colour shaming and I wish we'd stop presenting these easy targets to right-wing trolls.

Shut up you prime rump

NoSleep

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 21, 2019, 10:22:56 PM
He's right though. It *is* an insult that relies on skin-colour shaming and I wish we'd stop presenting these easy targets to right-wing trolls.

Nobody is born with skin that colour; it takes years of pig ignorance to turn that hew.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: NoSleep on July 21, 2019, 11:41:22 PM
Nobody is born with skin that colour; it takes years of pig ignorance to turn that hew.

Hugh.

dr_christian_troy

Suki Bapswent

In fairness, Brown always looked horribly unhealthy - still does. Blair generally had that 'fresh back from hols' vibe.

Replies From View

Quote from: Suki Bapswent on July 24, 2019, 04:08:40 PM
In fairness, Brown always looked horribly unhealthy - still does. Blair generally had that 'fresh back from hols' vibe.

I just think it's shocking how much they look like Ant and Dec these days.

Suki Bapswent

Quote from: Replies From View on July 24, 2019, 04:31:41 PM
I just think it's shocking how much they look like Ant and Dec these days.

I'd have disagreed with you until Ant got done for drink driving. Now? Bang on the money.

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson to lead Britain into another recession:

QuoteBoris Johnson has set the UK on an apparent course towards a no-deal Brexit by playing down the likelihood of any talks with the EU unless Brussels agrees to scrap the existing withdrawal agreement and Irish backstop, both of which it has ruled out.

The seemingly intransigent tone prompted Leo Varadkar, the Irish prime minister, to warn that a no-deal departure could lead more people in Northern Ireland to seek a united Ireland...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/26/brexit-deadlock-as-no-10-insists-eu-must-scrap-backstop-before-talks

Sin Agog

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on July 22, 2019, 01:57:22 PM

It's as if Blair spent his whole life plucking his evil arched eyebrows in order to look relatable, so his face went ahead and gave him evil arched fleshbrows instead.

gib

Quote from: Twit 2 on July 26, 2019, 11:52:28 PM

I like to bookmark the occasional prediction too. Just checked my bookmarks and the first one was this from 4.5 years ago

QuoteMaybe two general elections.
If so my prediction for the second is
Boris Johnson PM
Nigel Farage Deputy PM
after UKIP throw in their lot with the Tories.
At least we'd have some laffs with those two in charge.

https://forum.davidicke.com/showpost.php?p=1062354849&postcount=23

Dr Rock

I also said many times that Boris didn't want the PM job and would throw the race if he was ever in it.

There will be no Brexit.

Johnny Yesno

idunnosomename

Johnson has always wanted it but I always said his shockingly shit run as Foreign Sec ruined his chance. But turns out merit doesn't matter if you went to Eton

I still say the one who isnt interested is Rees Mogg. Also can't imagine Farage in government. He just likes yelling and holding pints, not actual work

greencalx

Yeah the way I feel at the moment is that if this hard-right headbanging no-deal brexit cabinet can't pull it off by Oct 31st then it's never going to happen.

Quote from: https://www.itv.com/news/2019-07-27/uk-and-us-working-on-very-substantial-post-brexit-trade-deal-says-trump
"You know we can do with the UK, we can do three to four times, we were actually impeded by their relationship with the European Union. We were very much impeded on trade.

"And I think we can do three to four or five times what we're doing.

"We don't do the kind of trade we could do with what some people say is Great Britain.

"And some people, remember a word you don't hear too much is the word England, which is a piece of it.

"But with the UK we could do much, much more trade and we expect to do that."

The words, there, of our new master.  It's like giving the keys to your house to your senile granddad.

BlodwynPig

Paul Calf

Quote from: greencalx on July 27, 2019, 07:59:02 AM
Yeah the way I feel at the moment is that if this hard-right headbanging no-deal brexit cabinet can't pull it off by Oct 31st then it's never going to happen.
Quote from: idunnosomename on July 27, 2019, 07:57:34 AM
Johnson has always wanted it but I always said his shockingly shit run as Foreign Sec ruined his chance. But turns out merit doesn't matter if you went to Eton

In that world, going to Eton, being born to the social stratum where going to Eton is expected, is merit. It's the only merit that matters.

greencalx

Not sure I see the connection, unless you're simply saying that noone in the cabinet, including the PM, is there on merit. Certainly I think there's more political talent in my son's primary school pupil's council than in this cabinet.

Actually a persistent six year old probably could negotiate a concession out of the EU.

Paul Calf

Oops. Sorry, didn't mean to quote you in that post. Bloody quick-reply.

Cuellar

jobotic

We saw it coming but we were all hysterical fear-mongers with mental health problems.

Johnny Yesno

BlodwynPig

NoSleep

pigamus

Wow, that's a very different Armando Iannucci Show to the one I remember.