Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:55:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit Thread Seven: More of this shit

Started by Mister Six, April 05, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Fucking hell, how do they react when they see Private Eye? Jesus wept, man.

Endicott

It's very funny. Especially the reaction.

Fambo Number Mive

Private Eye is obviously satire though, whereas that doctored Guardian article isn't. When people see a Tweet from someone they don't always spend time checking out the account and seeing what else they post to see if the account is satirical.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 16, 2019, 05:47:33 PM
Private Eye is obviously satire though, whereas that doctored Guardian article isn't. When people see a Tweet from someone they don't always spend time checking out the account and seeing what else they post to see if the account is satirical.

Give over.

Guardian political columnist buys into Russian bots everywhere slur, is more serious

Ferris

Yeah I agree - seems a bit off to me.

king_tubby

Nostradamus and his horse David Collins agree.

https://twitter.com/emmakennedy/status/1162354002744487936

Love the instant ownage in the comments.

imitationleather

For people to think that story could be in any way true shows what a low, low, low opinion even centrists have of Umunna.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 16, 2019, 05:48:51 PM
Give over.

Guardian political columnist buys into Russian bots everywhere slur, is more serious

Has he blamed it on Russian bots?

How would you react if a Twitter account tweeted a doctored article about Corbyn and called it satire? We'd all rightfully be condemning it. I don't think it should be any better just because the subjects of the article are tossers.

Fambo Number Mive

I certainly don't agree with Emma Kennedy that it should be a crime though.

Endicott

When you dive into it and read the text, what Chukka is reported to have said, it's so obviously fake, that if anything these people getting upset about it makes it even funnier.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 16, 2019, 06:36:56 PM
How would you react if a Twitter account tweeted a doctored article about Corbyn and called it satire? We'd all rightfully be condemning it. I don't think it should be any better just because the subjects of the article are tossers.

I think we'd probably roll with the punches. That (obviously fake) Chukka thing is really tame compared to what we've had thrown at us.

imitationleather

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: king_tubby on August 16, 2019, 06:40:18 PM
Yes.

https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1162346730370883584

Ah, sorry BlodwynPig I did see that but for some reason my mind didn't make the connection. Yes, Walker was silly to have said that.

Cuellar

king_tubby

Heh, yeah, I used to think Zands was a poundshop Hedges but he's been stepping up to the plate recently.

king_tubby

idunnosomename

are any of us truly real?

edit: googled, actually, yes

Cuellar

It looks like all these lol-centrist accounts just spend their time replying to each other. How many of them are there, and do they really think it's a good use of their time?

Cuellar

imitationleather

They could look on here and say the same thing.

king_tubby

Quote from: Cuellar on August 16, 2019, 06:53:49 PM
It's all a bit self-congratulatory.

Yeah, definitely getting that way. Preferred it when it was mainly Hedges and Streatham Rovers, tbh.

Cuellar

Quote from: imitationleather on August 16, 2019, 06:56:10 PM
They could look on here and say the same thing.

A forum would be a pretty weird place if no one replied to anyone else.

imitationleather

Quote from: Cuellar on August 16, 2019, 07:02:02 PM
A forum would be a pretty weird place if no one replied to anyone else.

I've been on a few.

Cuellar

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 16, 2019, 06:36:56 PM
Has he blamed it on Russian bots?

I wouldnt condemn it. Id celebrate the creativity and freedom of dying mankind

Johnny Yesno

Well, they should. A bit of healthy scepticism never did anyone any harm.