Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:33:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit Thread Seven: More of this shit

Started by Mister Six, April 05, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: Cuellar on August 16, 2019, 06:53:23 PM
It looks like all these lol-centrist accounts just spend their time replying to each other. How many of them are there, and do they really think it's a good use of their time?

ps none of them are me, honest. my twitter is @mikegapes

Captain Z

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 16, 2019, 06:36:56 PM
Has he blamed it on Russian bots?

How would you react if a Twitter account tweeted a doctored article about Corbyn and called it satire? We'd all rightfully be condemning it. I don't think it should be any better just because the subjects of the article are tossers.

How would I feel if an organisation claiming to report the news published obvious mistruths about Corbyn? I can't possibly imagine such a world.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 16, 2019, 06:36:56 PM
How would you react if a Twitter account tweeted a doctored article about Corbyn and called it satire? We'd all rightfully be condemning it. I don't think it should be any better just because the subjects of the article are tossers.

I'd be outraged and probably never get over it.

https://twitter.com/thesundaysport/status/863487783590961153

chveik

Quote from: Captain Z on August 16, 2019, 09:09:20 PM
How would I feel if an organisation claiming to report the news published obvious mistruths about Corbyn? I can't possibly imagine such a world.

ha!

king_tubby

I've got back from the pub and gone on to Twitter and this is STILL going on. Amazing stuff.

idunnosomename

god if I see anymore clueless idolising of ken fucking clarke

king_tubby

Clarke doesn't even support a second referendum! And if Corbyn is too old for the job, wtf does that make Clarke?

Also there's the whole shill for big tobacco and the Nottingham Forest unpleasantness.

jobotic

Isn't he packing it in to spend more time with his money at the next election anyway?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: king_tubby on August 17, 2019, 11:55:35 AM
Also there's the whole shill for big tobacco and the Nottingham Forest unpleasantness.

Ah...

Suki Bapswent

What's up with this ChangeUK position of not voting for no confidence because if they do something might not happen which they may have the power to make happen? They're wary of a risk of no GNU but won't vote for one. Idiots.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteBritain faces shortages of fuel, food and medicine, a three-month meltdown at its ports, a hard border with Ireland and rising costs in social care in the event of a no-deal Brexit, according to an unprecedented leak of government documents that lay bare the gaps in contingency planning.

The documents, which set out the most likely aftershocks of a no-deal Brexit rather than worst-case scenarios, have emerged as the UK looks increasingly likely to crash out of the EU without a deal.

From the Murdoch Times.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Suki Bapswent on August 18, 2019, 09:59:23 AM
What's up with this ChangeUK position of not voting for no confidence because if they do something might not happen which they may have the power to make happen? They're wary of a risk of no GNU but won't vote for one. Idiots.

None of them are going to keep their seats at the next election and they all know it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's nearly all about self-preservation. By leaving Labour and refusing to test the decision with their constituents via an immediate by election, they took a big shit with their pants on and instead of allowing anyone to pull their pants down so we can see their tragic pathetic evidence of their incontinence, they are going to remain in s(h)itu, stinking the place out.

BlodwynPig

Some cracking debate on Vicki Derbyshire today. Labour and LibDem guys (pushing for Parliament to come back soon) speaking absolute and passionate sense, the Tory Porker smugly announcing that he's about to go on holiday and we should wait to negotiate 3 weeks before no deal. The host (not Vicki) did ok, but at the point the Labour MP was about to lay into 'unelected' Dominic 'force my opinions at gunpoint' Cummings, she cut him off in the most obvious way. I feel bolstered by the fact that we are dealing with pretty sensible and reasonable mindsets on one side and complete stark raving madness on the other. However, this is not enough. If we are not careful, madness will be the accepted norm in November and anyone with a righteous heart will be rounded up and shot.

Paul Calf

The EU are already sick of our sour, entitled whining and might just tell us to fuck off anyway.

Paul Calf

NoSleep

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 19, 2019, 11:40:24 AM
The EU are already sick of our sour, entitled whining and might just tell us to fuck off anyway.

I doubt it. They're willing for this to end with the UK still onboard.

Paul Calf

Yes. But how much damage are they willing to put up with to make that happen?

Dr Rock

As well as the economic advantages of us deciding to stay, they don't want any other member states getting any ideas.

NoSleep

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 19, 2019, 12:09:20 PM
Yes. But how much damage are they willing to put up with to make that happen?

"Sour, entitled whining" isn't very damaging, to remain on point.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 19, 2019, 12:43:15 PM
As well as the economic advantages of us deciding to stay, they don't want any other member states getting any ideas.

This is somewhat true. It is the gap the Tories had hoped to exploit while negotiating. In response the EU have helped make sure the No Deal outcome is exhibited as being as scary as possible to weaken that as being a likely thing a UK government would ever impose on its own citizens (let alone anyone else's).

jobotic

Love this response to Yellowhamner

QuoteSpeaking to Sky News, Kwasi Kwarteng, an energy minister, dismissed it as something with "a lot of scaremongering around and a lot of people are playing into Project Fear and all the rest of it".

Blah blah project Fear...bkah blah...taking the country down...believ in Britain....will this do? I'm tired.

Zetetic

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 19, 2019, 12:43:15 PM
I'm not sure Brexit, even a 'successful' one, makes much difference either way to that.

Brexit screws over Ireland, including the GFA, the EU-qua-EU still seems more concerned by this than anything else. Individual member states have their own agendas, I'm sure

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 19, 2019, 05:54:36 PM
Interesting claim from Adam Bienkov: https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1163404610041782272
"The report was out of date."
"We have seen proof it is only a week old."
"Well, (chuckle) a week is a long time in politics. (general laughter and murmuring of 'oh, very droll'). So, next question? Yes, Bob?"
"Yes, Jeremy Corbyn is a wanker. Thoughts?"

Ray Travez

The most notable thing about a Yellowhammer is that its song sounds like 'a little bit of bread and no cheese.' Which is exactly what the majority of Britons will be eating in six months time.

jobotic

Shame it's named after such a lovely creature.

Should have named it after one of the cunt buntings, like the Reed.

idunnosomename

OPERATION CUNT SEAGULL THAT SHRIEKS IN YOUR FACE THEN STEALS YOUR CHIPS

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on August 19, 2019, 10:35:04 PM
Shame it's named after such a lovely creature.

Should have named it after one of the cunt buntings, like the Reed.

Storm Petrel?

Or Cuckoo?

Fambo Number Mive