Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:06:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Skewer

Started by olliebean, April 05, 2019, 04:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Someone please tell me what to think about this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0003rkq

QuoteA brand new open-door topical show from the mind of broadcaster, producer and audio-fiddler Jon Holmes of Listen Against and The Now Show - with digital consultancy and audio support from the Technical Director of the relaunched Radiophonic Workshop. It's also a radio comedy access point for a new generation of satirists who don't write sketches, jokes and one liners, but instead channel their talents into playing around with sound.

Sketch-writing has long been the way into radio comedy but, for the new generation of satirists who don't put pen to paper and instead beaver away on laptops using self-taught skills to toy with the news-scape, The Skewer, with it's guerrilla approach to satire, is their new playground - bringing diverse voices together with soundscaping from a gardener, a call-centre worker and a supermarket delivery driver.

The sounds of The Skewer have been designed to be enhanced through headphones, attaching you to a late night drip of current events as they melt into your brain, evoking that feeling of drifting off but with the occasional uncomfortable sleep-twitch, as though you've accidentally stepped off a kerb.

Freeform, dreamlike, curious, scathing, The Skewer is the home of the new news jokers.

Norton Canes

Mister Six

Haven't listened to it but it sounds like Blue Jam meets The 11 O'Clock Show.

Norton Canes

Meets a bit of Rhys Thomas.